RevolutionDCM for BTS

Here's an interesting version of RevolutionDCM which was the last version used by Phungus in the LoR (Legends of Revolutions) mod. If Phungus used it, it must have been good (RevDCM 2.82). The other version is RevDCM I've attached is 2.722 which should cover the time period for you.

I think in the latest version of RevDCM that is out at the moment, there are a couple of important issues to fix:
  1. Reports that autoplay from revolutions forced leadership change is not working
  2. Reports that autoplay stops on a revolutions and has to be restarted manually

Not sure when those bugs from autoplay crept in. The good thing about the latest version of RevDCM are the extra automations. I'm in the middle of playing a lot of Europa Universalis III to try and get some ideas for a future version of Revolutions either in Civ4 or 5. EUIII is an amazing game.

Cheers

Thanks, I'll try both of these. If neither of those work then I guess the problem must lie somewhere else.

If it just hangs during load, I think it usually means a missing resource like something in the XML missing or wrong. What I used to do is rollback to a known working version and then roll-forward until it becomes obvious. You can set up the debugger to take you through the load process to see where in the startup the lock up is occurring.

I still dont get any visible errors when running the debug DLL through Visual Studio. The hang seems to be some sort of looping issue. If I Break All while it's hung up, there are generally two spots shown in the Call Stack that dont involve python, CyArgsList::makeFunctionArgs(), and a check for isHuman()

Trying to merge this mod is proving to be an extremely painful process.

I have a debug DLL running with no errors, and the game loads and initializes without any errors also (pythonerr.log is empty), but it freezes once it gets to the main game screen. No error messages, it just hangs. Sometimes it shows me the DawnofMan intro screen to my civ, but not always. The last in-game message I get is the Autosaving notification for turn 0.

I know I am late to this, but what are you trying to merge with it ?

The hang seems to be some sort of looping issue.

Turns out I missed adding a section of code in CvMainInterface.py for the scoreboard. As the code was looping through the players, it wasn't incrementing the counter, so the loop was never completing, thus leading to my strange hang on load.

So I have the game loading now, though I'm still encountering some interface issues. I'll post any further questions to the BUG forum, so if anyone has the desire and knowledge to help out, check there to see what my current issue might be. Thanks!

People really should consider looking at C2C (RevolutionDCM is part of it!),

It is a Giant progression. Things have been fixed.
They are truly making strides in moving the ideas of REVDCM forward and are open to changing ideas and participation.
They have pioneered adding resources past normal limits, and are actively aiming high!
It is the new community effort!

Check it out, they welcome comments!:)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=449

I love it! and I love REVDCM.

I could use some help figuring out how to mod the way in which a new civ is selected for a revolution. It looks like this is the code choosing a civ in Revolution.py

Code:
pRevPlayer = gc.getPlayer( revData.dict['iRevPlayer'] )

But I dont quite understand what this code is doing. I would like to make it so that most Revolutions are offshoots of the civ they are revolting from (IE, same civ, different leader if available)

Eh Tholal
Check out the sections in Revolution.py where you get the reverse situation:
revData.dict['iRevPlayer'] = something...something...seomthing

Those sections will be where 'iRevPlayer' is being given a value. This will give you an idea on how revData.dict['iRevPlayer'] is being given a value and then assigned. Think of .dict as a container for holding a whole bunch of revolution variables. You access the information using a key. In this case 'iRevPlayer' is the key to access the variable data.

Cheers

I would like to make it so that most Revolutions are offshoots of the civ they are revolting from (IE, same civ, different leader if available)

I am just starting to learn python, but you might be able to accomplish most of what you are trying to do in RebelTypes.py

Just change the criteria so that civs already in existance are not excluded from the rebel types list and then weight your list so that rebel are most likley to be of the same civ.

example.
RebelTypeList[iJapan] = [iKhmer,iJapan,iMongol,iJapan]

result should be a 50% chance that rebels from Japan are a new Japanese civ I think.
However, I have not tested this.

I believe because he does not want to trade for it. Basically, he's close to finishing it and trading it would mean losing the ability to trade it after, not worth gaining 2-3 turns of research.

Anyone know anything about the crazy-looking GamaFont.tga files in RevDCM? Why are they so crazy-looking.

Anyone know anything about the crazy-looking GamaFont.tga files in RevDCM? Why are they so crazy-looking.

They look fine to me. If you are comparing them to vanilla BtS then the difference is that RevDCM supports more religions and corporations. The circles with numbers are there to help you when you add more than is already there up to the limit supported.

What ELSE do I need to do.

1) I've installed Blue Marble.
2) I've changed nocustomassets = 1 to nocustomassets = 0 in the RevolutionDCM.ini
3) I've checked that Blue Marble works in Normal un-modded Civ 4 beyond the sword, Civ 4 and Civ 4 beyond the sword with BUG 4.4.
4) I've installed blue marble, BEFORE installing RevolutionsDCM, AFTER RevolutionsDCM.

I did change something in the Civ 4.ini file, as I couldn't get RevolutionsDCM to start a game. It'd load the main screen no problem, but starting a game I'd just 'hang' I think it was the caching from no to yes or reverse. (Nah, changed it back, no difference)

Tried to load the RevolutionsDCM as a mod, after I start Civ 4 Beyond the Sword, when I have blue marble loaded, but it just cleared it out.

Zoh...Zome how it'z removink Blue Marbel...Hmmmm

Play's without Blue Marble, but I really can't play with such a cartoonish screen. ( I know its a game, I know its animations )

Anyother ideas on what I need to do???

Looks like you tried every combination. I've honestly not a had a problem yet with Blue Marble and RevolutionDCM except when I forgot to toggle nocustomassets which you have done. Might be time for you to try a RevolutionDCM variant like Legends of Revolutions and see how that goes.
Cheers

Operating system = Linux (Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS Edition) Wine Version 1.3.35 used.

Hey Hey, I've fixed it.

All it took was NoCustomArt = 0 AS WELL

It needs both NoCustomArt = 0
and NoCustomeAssets = 0

For this solution to work, one on its own won't work.

Spoiler :

Thanks for the previous posting you've made, and reply to mine, hope this might help other who have similar problems.

Something is missing in the source files for AUA.

I tried updating LoR to the most recent version of RevDCM and get a python exception related to placing action buttons. Turning off exceptions only makes it so no units have action buttons.

Tried and tried to figure out how my merge failed, then realized it might be something missing in the source files. I then built a new gamecore using the RevDCM sources, both those included in download and those in the SVN. Same result - python exception and no action buttons.

Surprised no one noticed this yet. But anyway the current source code is useless for mod building as the game can't be played without any unit actions being possible.

Is Afforess still around? Can I get the working source code - or should I just drop trying to update using the RevDCM core?

Is Afforess still around? Can I get the working source code - or should I just drop trying to update using the RevDCM core?

yep. Will look tomorrow.

Thank you afforess. I know I forgot to upload an updated source file before that cause the dll to not even be build correctly - very easy to do. I'm assuming it's something very simple, will check back tomarrow.

:)

Something is missing in the source files for AUA.

Eh Phungus and Afforess
Wish you and Afforess all the best. Could be a cock up on my end if it is, sorry. I don't think the issue with AUA could be serious. There is one issue with RevDCM that isn't in LoR or AND. Revolutions autoplay is apparently broken. I've got just under four weeks before uni starts again, so I'll try to reverse engineer the latest RevDCM to the same standard that LoR/AND is at.

These are pretty dark times for the Civlization series I'd have to say. More than 18 months of trying to explain to people that the Civ5 concept does not work as it is and desperately needs modders to get in there and fix it, we now wait on broken promises from Firaxis time and time again and totally rely on the matured Civ4 mods to keep the Civilization dream alive.

Cheers

Top Bottom