[RFC-DoC] Vive la France

Nice story you got here.

So what happened to the Dutch? Are you going to grab Amsterdam?

As more and more American territory was penetrated by French naturalists, they were discovering new and strange animals.

French advisors were instrumental in helping China to modernize her military.

In 1840, King Charles XII started a new campaign against Russia. The French people were sure that the Gallic cock will triumph over the Russian bear.

The Russians bribed the Caliphate to declare war on the French. Official French sociologists remarked that "Eastern despotisms" often stick together.

The Far Eastern army advanced further into India.

Sikandar Shah, a swashbuckling Mughal general, assembled a huge army to take Constantinople.

He was disappointed when the weak-willed Great Mughal accepted French overlordship.

The Dutch continued their attack on French colonies.

I was trying to force Netherlands to capitulate again, that's why I was sparing Amsterdam for so long. But this was the last straw. Note that I made a mistake in neglecting the settlement of Brazil, which would give me more land for Domination.

This was the last Dutch act of defiance. Soon, French armies marched though the streets of cowed Amsterdam.

Modernized French army easily destroyed the obsolete Russian troops. Moscow was taken in 1864.

French Triumphal Arch, built on the occasion of Russian defeat.

Last edited:
Looking unstable....

But it could happen.:scared:

While French forces were triumphant in the Russian forests and plains, Malinese raids had forced them to abandon Tunis.

Russia could not survive the shock of foreign troops on Moscow streets. The Czar was assassinated by one of his generals for allowing Moscow to fall, yet the general couldn't prevent the Russian disintegration. Some areas found themselves under the rule of local aristocrats, in other areas peasants had forcibly seized the land, forming autonomous communities. There was no centralized Russian power any more.

Mass demonstrations in Russia, establishing a short-lived Independent Republic in Kazan, before it was annexed by France.

With Russia no longer existing, the Ottoman sultanate had asserted its independence and signed peace with France.

Yet France itself faced many problems. There was discontent both in Europe and the colonies, especially in Chile and India. In 1868 King Louis XIX was himself assassinated by a bomb-throwing anarchist, after surviving two assassination attempts by Italian and Russian nationalists. In the days after the assassination, a self-appointed Serbian Parliament declared an independent Republic in Sirminium/Sremska Mitrovica.

From the Proclamation of Serbian Deputies:

To the peoples of Europe:

You already know the nature of French ruling circles and their power-hungry kings, whose prosperity is based on blood and tears of the whole planet. French Empire is the prison of peoples all over the world. As French industrialists lay more and money in their pockets, French soldiery ravages Russia, robs the Indians and the Siamese, conducts atrocities against the native population of both Americas... They should reap what they saw. Peoples of the word, unite against the bloodsuckers from Versallies!

Serbia was soon crushed by massed French Cavalry. The situation, however, was still unstable.

Mughal armies remained loyal to France, wrestling Syria and Palestine from the Caliphate.

This did little to alleviate the internal troubles.

A mass uprising in Paris overthrew the monarchy. The last French King, Louis XX, emigrated to London. Chrysale de Courtenay, the new elected Prime Minister, enacted a series of liberal reforms. France was proclaimed to be a Republic. The Church influence was sharply curtailed, which pleased the non-Catholic clergy and removed a major source of political upheavals.

The police was instructed to increase its repression of those elements who were still resisting.

In the colonies, de Courtenay had followed a policy of extending the local self-rule. The new Constitutions of Peru, India and Indonesia transferred large chunks of territory ruled directly from Paris to the newly created Native Parliaments.

As you can see on the minimap, I gave away chunks of my territory to my vassals, to improve my Expansion stability. Note that Egypt had accepted Constantinople and several Siberian cities.

Prime Minister de Courtenay, whose measures revived France from the brink of collapse

Last edited:
Good job with the stability. Now it's time to snack on some Scandinavians, right?

Nah, the Spanish have been asking for it.

But he's all touchy-feely with the Spanish. I heard the taste of Scandinavians is to die for.

Whew.That was close.Good job, though!

Make it Turkish Delight.

-------------------------------

The liberalization of French colonial regime had its repercussions. There were no French troops in Indochina to quell another Siamese rebellion, and Indonesian troops proved to be inadequate to the task.

In the New World, American presidents always watched with envy at Lousiana's prosperity. Finally, in 1897, American armies had crossed the border.

But France was ready to repel the invaders. Mass cannon fire from Beauharnois weakened the American positions, allowing sturdy French cavalry to destroy the American advance.

In 1901, French armies moved across the Bosphorus. French newspapers proclaimed the need to bring proper civilization to the Turks.

Konya was captured by the French. Here is the state of the world in 1903.

The USA was forced to sign a peace treaty.

Another negative consequence of relaxing French's grip on the colonies was other European powers establishing their influence there.

After wrestling Asia Minor from the Turks, French government signed peace with Turkey, believing that Turkish regime would soon collapse.

Last edited:
Apologises, Photobucket is cranky lately.

I still can't see a thing.

I'm blind as a bat. On the pictures, that is.

Oh and you should still eat some hot dogs and cheeseburgers.

I apologized exactly for lack of screenshots. Every attempt to upload them failed so far.

I can see them fine now.Once more, nice story.

Top Bottom