1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by embryodead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Deon

Deon Lt. of Mordor

Sounds awesome. Getting Epic game right now. Thank you for this. Original RFC is cool but too fast for me.

2. DisposableHero

DisposableHero Chieftain

I have just reached 1305 as Japan on epic. There does not appear to be plague anywhere, at any time.

EDIT: Wait, its just shown up in Aztec. But I haven't seen it anywhere else.

3. Brew

Brew Chieftain

Yeah, I also played from 3000BC into the Renaissance and did not have a plague either...that explains why the Aztecs were conquered by 1310. I never put the two together

4. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Plague is set to appear at the same time (years), but with research progressing slightly faster, many civs may have medicine at that point.

Here are the promised files to make settler/worker cost 3x on Marathon; I'm not sure if it is worth including with the main mod because it requires a python callback that may slow the game down a little bit.

Just put the XML file into RFCMarathon/Assets/XML and the Python file into RFCMarathon/Assets/Python

Attached Files:

5. DisposableHero

DisposableHero Chieftain

I'm getting a crash as Rome in 1000AD, just as I complete my third of 3 UHVs. My Empire is unstable at this point, so I'm wondering if it is crashing because I am abotu to win in the same time I collpase?

6. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

No, that's unlikely. Could you post the savegame please?

7. Brew

Brew Chieftain

I just want to point out again that the research rate on Epic also still seems way too fast. There are civs with Astronomy in the 13th century. I've tried starting as the Ottomans to check a few more times and it is consistent. Thanks for taking on this project embryodead! I wish I could offer some input on how to correct the issues; unfortunately I'm just an OCD history nerd who can't swallow an Aztec conquest in 1300 AD. Thanks!

8. TimeShifter

TimeShifter Chieftain

Actually that happens sometimes with France (and even England) at normal speed. Player can easily get it in 13th century too.

9. Brew

Brew Chieftain

I've actually found this to be consistent on epic when spawning as the Ottomans.....that is that the European civs are much more advanced than I usually encounter on normal speed. I'm going to start a game again as England and see how it goes. Either way, once the update comes out I'll rather be playing on marathon anyway! Thanks again for taking on this task Embryodead! A longer game adds so much to RFC!

10. ilduce349

ilduce349 (Financial, Philo)

downloaded but major problem, which no one else has pointed out
    there scenarios don't show up, when i click single player, new scenario, the only thing that comes up is my world builder saves, none relevant to RFCM. This means I cant play :(
    how do i fix this
    yes i put the scenarios in the public maps, but it still doesn't work

11. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Looks like you have installed the mod in the wrong place. The mod should be installed in (...) Beyond the Sword/Mods. You should have RFCMarathon folder there, and Assets PublicMaps etc. folders inside.

Remember it's a standalone mod and should be not be installed over or inside the original Rhye's mod.

12. ilduce349

thats where I put it, i can load the mode fine, but the scenarios don't show up
    I figured out what i have to do to play them, they show up in the scenario list when no mod comes up, i have to load the mod through the scenario list

13. ilduce349

here is a definite bug
    playing on marathon

Attached Files:

14. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I don't know what it is, but no one else has this problem - the game lasts 1500 turns on Marathon, not 500, it's as simple as a number in a XML file. I can't tell it from the screenshot but you are either playing wrongly installed game or are launching it in some weird way.

The mod should start normally through ADVANCED -> LOAD MOD option, then after it loads: SINGLE PLAYER -> PLAY A SCENARIO (You can immediately see the number of turns in Victory Screen).

15. ilduce349

and i just won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Unfourtantly when I load the mod that way it doesn't work, I have to load the mod through WB saves. so that might be the reason

Attached Files:

16. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I've just checked and the mod loads properly also when started through a WBSave (with the correct amount of turns). So again, there is something wrong with the installation.

I assume you have latest BTS etc.
    Make sure the mod is in (Civilization 4 folder)/Beyond the Sword/Mods (and not My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods).
    Make sure there's only one RFCMarathon folder, with Assets etc. inside.

All I can think of really.

17. ilduce349

unfourtunatly all of that has been checked, and it still is a problem

18. ilduce349

what i am now doing is playing custom games with time victory off, so that way the marathon actually works

19. ilduce349

i decided to redownload the mod, 2 of the 3 problems i was having were fixed. So the last issue is the time victory, but only for the 3000 bc
    600 ad time works fine

20. Brew

Brew Chieftain

Thanks for your hard work Embryodead! Will there be an update out anytime soon?