1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by embryodead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

I did some minor balancing tweaks to slow down research and expansion, will post kind of a final update as soon as I figure out how to make a proper installer with NSIS, so that people have no more installations issues.

2. Brew

Brew Chieftain

Thanks embryodead!! I can't wait!!

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Embryodead, I have incorporated your modmod into mine. I hope you are okay with that :)

4. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Of course :)

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Great! :goodjob:

6. Gomer_Pyle

Gomer_Pyle Chieftain

Hi!

Is this modmod compatible with Rhye's MP? Wondering because I wanna test Rhye MP with epic gamespeed. If not is it difficult to make it compatible?

7. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

It's not compatible. It could work I guess but it'd have to be merged with Rhye's MP, which is a lot of work and I'm unfamiliar RFCMP at this point.

As for the latest release, I'm holding on till Rhye releases the final RFC patch.

8. Brew

Brew Chieftain

Excellent idea!! I am getting really excited about the final patch, but was apprehensive about playing normal speed again.

9. sercer88

sercer88 Chieftain

Cool, I can't believe it has taken me this long to find RFC epic/marathon!
    DL'ing now, and I will do my best to provide input!

10. Grishnash

Grishnash Mad Scientist

Will this work on a Mac?

11. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

No, not on MacOS at least - as far as I know no mods with custom DLL (other than those included with BTS) work on Mac, unless you launch them on Windows.

12. homeempire

homeempire Chieftain

I have a problem. When i try to start a game by pressing play scenario and then on the wbquicksavegame. or somehing like htat the game sends me back to the desktop. And it says civ4: beyond the sword doesnt work. It does this every time. Am i installing wrong??

Thanks already

13. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Well, I don't know if you installed it right, but you're starting the game wrong. Once you loaded the mod, you should click on "Play Scenario" and then either "RFC 3000 BC unlocked" or "RFC 600 AD unlocked". Ignore the WBQuickSave thing, that's your last QuickSave from previous mod you played, so it won't work.

14. homeempire

homeempire Chieftain

i downloaded the mod from the link you gave us. Then i extracted the winrap data into the documents/beyondthesword/MODS. I find the mod under load mod as RFC marathon but i dont find it as "RFC 3000 unlocked" or "RFC 600 unlocked" when looking for it in play mod (this only happened when i had the rfc varietas delectat in the MODS folder so i took it out but there is no such after taking it out (PS: is there anyway you could combine the mods?)). And if i try it over loading the mod, i see in the upper right part of the starting menu screen "RFC Marathon" but if i press on play scenario there only appears the Wbsavegame thing if i press on thatthe names ar different then normal for example "old empire of egypt" instead of "egyptian empire" or " han people" instead of " chinese empire" (my game is in german so maybe its not 100% the same names but its just to show the difference). The game works but i can still only choose normal as speed and i need 9 turns to get fishing (and i think thats not enough).

Sound like a great mod lot of respect so id like to play so im happy for help;
    thanks

15. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

homeempire,
    Please install the mod into the Mods folder in your main game folder, NOT documents folder, e.g. C:/Program Files/Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/ or wherever you have BTS installed. This is the way to install most mods out there.

Then you should be able to start the mod normally through Load Mod -> Play Scenario or by going to Mods/RFCMarathon/PublicMaps and launching one of the WBSaves there.

16. homeempire

homeempire Chieftain

ok it work if i go into the public maps. Dont know why. Thanks for the help and the great mod

17. gagemo

gagemo Chieftain

Ha Thanks man love this been waitin awhile for this stuff:goodjob:

18. fdgsgds

fdgsgds Mustard Enthusiast

I must say this mod owns... but I have one question: where do I change the year of which a civ starts?

19. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Same as in normal RFC, you'd have to change tBirth date in Consts.py and startingYear in CvRhyes.h, then recompile the DLL.

20. Brew

Brew Chieftain

Not being pushy....just wondering if that update will be out anytime soon. I'm itching to start a new game of RFC, but I've been trying to hold out for the new version of this modmod. Thanks!