RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

I was wondering if its possible to make all the cities in North Africa Muslim instead of Catholic and Orthodox. ( maybe the cities can switch religion or spawn later with Islam). Because it looks wrong to see a Muslim Cordoba with all the territories inbetween Spain And Arabia being Christian. All those cities should have Islam or spawn later with Islam. (if its easy and worth the effort ofcourse). And really many of these cities should spawn after the the spawn of Arabia.

This is one of the most debated threads, i have seen yet. (people are going at each other :mischief:

Improving the spread of Islam in NA is on top of my TODO list.

Thanks and just another question
Once islam spreads do other religions leave or stay

Well, although that does sound like a good suggestion, there remained Christian (and Jewish) pockets in N Africa for a long time.
But perhaps a good idea would be to slowly remove Christianity from N Africa. So lets 50-100 turns after Islam spreads to that city, Christianity leaves, or you can have a set date, that would be pretty cool.
The same could be implemented for Spain, so that Islam leaves many Spanish cities, until it is just in the deep South of the country

Thanks and just another question
Once islam spreads do other religions leave or stay

Islam is added, none of the already existing religions would be removed.

Civilizations use Prosecutors to get rid of foreign religion, Spain surely does a good job, North African Muslim Empires can do that too.

I like the new changes you made on the SVN, those look good; but why the Hafsid Dynasty? Why not respawn the Cordobans as the Almohad (Almoravids are too early, and the Cordobans are still there by then) or the Marinid Dynasty?
The Marinid's would have been a better choice overall as they also spawn in the 13th century, in 1215 AD. And they controlled Southern Spain all of Morocco and Algeria as well. And since they are closer to the original Cordobans, doesn't it make more sense to include them?

PS> I love playing as the Norse, but I can't seem to finish their UHV! Is anybody having a tough time reaching the Crimea AND conquering Normandy as well? Seems a bit of a stretch IMO. By the way I'm playing on Monarch.

PS> I love playing as the Norse, but I can't seem to finish their UHV! Is anybody having a tough time reaching the Crimea AND conquering Normandy as well? Seems a bit of a stretch IMO. By the way I'm playing on Monarch.
Yea, it is a very rapid expansion that is needed which makes stability the main obstacle. It would be perfectly doable (and not that historically incorrect) if it was "merely" a settling requirement akin to the RFC England/Portugal UHV's where you can technically gift/liberate cities after founding, but I think the Norse actually have to possess the cities in question on the UHV date.

I like the new changes you made on the SVN, those look good; but why the Hafsid Dynasty? Why not respawn the Cordobans as the Almohad (Almoravids are too early, and the Cordobans are still there by then) or the Marinid Dynasty?
The Marinid's would have been a better choice overall as they also spawn in the 13th century, in 1215 AD. And they controlled Southern Spain all of Morocco and Algeria as well. And since they are closer to the original Cordobans, doesn't it make more sense to include them?

Cordoba represents the sum total of all the Muslims in Iberia (like Germany represents a bunch of separate kingdoms/dynasties). Cordoba is the Caliphate of Cordoba, the Almohad Dynasty and the Marinid dynasty and so on.

Once Spain or Portugal collapses Cordoba (which usually happens in 12xx), then the other North Africa Muslims raise leaving Iberia to the Spanish and Portuguese.

By the way, this post is not off-topic, cos Germany is still too powerful and needs to be nerfed.

EDIT: After much self reflection and thought, i have changed my mind. I would like to support the idea of renaming the area of "Jerusalem" to "Palestine" and suggest renaming of the area of "Poland" to "Lahestan". Its just more authentic like that.

Im sorry, but whats wrong with this post??

i wasnt trying to be funny :confused: i just feel that the middle eastern civs right now are very badly represented and way too weak. Especially the Seljuks and the Ottomans. For example, why is the Masjid al-Haram in Damascus? Why isnt Jerusalem, the third holiest city in Islam, the holy city of Islam in the game? Besides, that area is called Palestine, is it not? Why arent the countless respawns of the Arabian Caliphates more accurately represented?

Why isnt Siciliy in Arab's "ok" zone? From wikipedia "During the seventh and eight centuries, Sicily had been raided from Ifriqiya. The eventual Arab-Muslim conquest of Byzantine Sicily was piecemeal and slow".

These changes are definitely do-able

And whats wrong with this post? Seriously The_J i dont like to accuse anyone of favouritism but i dont think you leave me with much choice. I wasnt being sarcastic, and i even quoted from wikipedia historical sources to back me up, so how dare you say my posts lack content? Im sorry if my suggestions happen to coincide with what The Turk earlier suggested, i was simply agreeing with his point after much thought and backing it up with reliable historical sources. I know im not supposed to discuss moderator actions on forums, but i want a clear answer. Whats wrong with the above posts? WHATS WRONG WITH THE ABOVE POSTS? You may delete this post after you've sent me a pm, but i want you to give me an answer.

Moderator Action: Every kind of public discussion of moderator actions is not allowed in this forum. If you have a problem with an action, then YOU have to send ME a PM, not vice versa.

Cordoba represents the sum total of all the Muslims in Iberia (like Germany represents a bunch of separate kingdoms/dynasties). Cordoba is the Caliphate of Cordoba, the Almohad Dynasty and the Marinid dynasty and so on.

Once Spain or Portugal collapses Cordoba (which usually happens in 12xx), then the other North Africa Muslims raise leaving Iberia to the Spanish and Portuguese.

Oh ok, fair enough I guess. But then, don't you think it would be cool to see a last Muslim stronghold in Spain, like Granada (which IMO should always be present), in the game? But anyway I guess they really did collapse by then, and you can have the Muslim Taifa states which eventually get gobbaled up anyway :rolleyes:
But what function will the Hasfid's do other than keep North Africa preoccupied? IMO I think a Moroccan civilization would be more relevant for this game, whether they come with control of Southern Spain or not.

By the way, have any of you ever seen European expansion into North Africa? For example French attacks against Algeria or Morocco for example?

@FakeShady
Spoiler :
Don't argue against moderator action, and please don't waste this thread's space, send a PM if you want, but your pointless comments are what are getting you those red cards. Notice the spoiler I'm using ;)
Moderator Action: Next time just report the post, and don't answer to it. And please stay polite!
Thanks on behalf of everyone!

2 small observations from my Portugal game:

- The two India Companies have very unequal costs... Is it intended?

- They seem to count as colonies for the UHVs that require a number of them. I think it wasn't the case some versions ago, and it should be changed back.

Also, if I had to request one thing for the mod, it would be to change Lithuania's color to dark green. There are not enough green civs, and they're usually gone in the late game. And Lithuania's grey is boring. Also, in some previous version the Polish leaders had cool baroque musique, at least much better than what we have now... Why was it changed?

Anyway, those are just small pet peeves of mine ;)

2 small observations from my Portugal game:
- The two India Companies have very unequal costs... Is it intended?

This is a bug in the Portuguese UP, it covers one Trading Company but not the other. Also, trading companies should not count as colonies. Thanks for noting that.

Ya, some of the music is a bit weird :blush:

Anyway, when playing as the Norse I captured Edinburgh, but instead of capturing the city I automatically razed it -______-" forcing me to have to send a settler all the way to settle Scotland. In the future can you make sure that the Human player ALWAYS get a choice between razing and keeping a city?

Ya, some of the music is a bit weird :blush:

Anyway, when playing as the Norse I captured Edinburgh, but instead of capturing the city I automatically razed it -______-" forcing me to have to send a settler all the way to settle Scotland. In the future can you make sure that the Human player ALWAYS get a choice between razing and keeping a city?

Edinburgh probably had size 1. If a city is size 1, it will automatically get razed. If it is bigger, you can choose to raze it or keep it. (You just have to wait until the city grows)

(In a vanilla game, you can use the option "no city razing", but this doesn't work for RFC and RFCE)

I am not sure how city razing works in the code, especially the autoraze part. I will have to look at it to see if it can be improved.

Ya please look into this! :D

Also, can someone PLEASE tell me how the Norse are supposed to settle the Crimea that fast?

@The Turk
Spoiler :
Oh, so basically you can just tell me anything off-topic you want, in spoilers and you can get away with it? Moderator Action: No, that's not allowed. Ahh i see, i get it now. Very well, i shall reply to you using spoilers then. And in any case, i was making legitimate suggestions. You sir, do not tell me what to do.

Also I've been having another problem (yes I'm walking down to the Crimea :rolleyes: ), but my weirder problem is that I captured Jorvik (Nottingham, I think it was), but at -2 or -3 stability it immediately declared independence. And when I recaptured it, and my stability dropped once more, AGAIN it declared independence! Can you check up on that, please. Thanks :)

Top Bottom