[RFC:SoI] The New Roman Empire

Great update! Constantinople is the best of the names I think and it was called Nova Roma for a VERY short time.

I don't get the rename. Istanbul is a (Medieval) Greek word that roughly means "In the City". So, if they were trying to Turkishify the city, they utterly failed. Not to mention that Constantinople is a better name to begin with.

;D

Anyways, update!

The siege of Konya has begun. only two of the Triumvirate stand in control of the Ottoman Kingdom, but that will change in the coming years.
Spoiler :

As cities underwent structural improvement, the Catholic Ottomans finally broke the siege of Konya. After a last round of trebutchet strikes, the Royal Lancers that lead the army charged into the city to meet Karamanid archers. While the calvary hit the ranged enemies, foot soldiers engaged Karamanid counterparts, both sides facing their fair share of casualties. The main force of the army, the horse archers, struck down Karamanid calvary as they tried to inflict damage on the infantry. At last, the remaining archers, the last of the city's guard, stood a hopeless last stand against Ottoman horse archers who out-numbered them three to one. At last Konya, the capital of the Karamanids, was Ottoman. The Jews who lived there were exiled, and the city underwent turmoil for a few years after the battle. Though, the general of the army found something of huge significance: A holy relic. The relic was sent to Constantinople for observation. After the battle, it was revealed that the kingdom had a new single leader, Mehmed. The monarchy was restored.
Spoiler :

Research was going well. Ottoman merchants began theorizing different economic systems. Funded by the government, a Catholic Monastery began construction to help spread the faith, it's main goal was Constantinople. Military advisers suggested Mehmed order construction of Castles to influence the people to trust in the government. A year later, Mehmed died and his son Murad II, named after the third Ottoman King, took the throne.
Spoiler :

In Izmir, a Minaret was built. It was then used as a Catholic holy site, to mock Muslim neighbors and strengthen the Catholic faith in the Middle-East. Constantinople increased production to hurry reconstruction, and religious persecutors further established the Ottoman Theocracy. Catholicism was spread to the soon-to-be Ottoman Capital, and a shrine to house the relic recovered from Konya was built there aswell.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Izmir governance began to support a great explorer who in turn would give them maps of the regions he explored. The great castle of Krak des Chevaliers was built with the help of the Great Engineer, Raja ibn Haywah. Constantinople was recognized as the most impenetrable city in the Middle-East, and perhaps the world at that time.
Spoiler :

A new plague originating in Mamluk lands began spreading. In response, Ottoman cities started building structures to improve health. Also, Ottoman trade proved to be the greatest in the region, as recognized by Muhammad Khwandamir.
Spoiler :

As the Kingdom's armies moved out of Konya, Karamanids took back the undefended city, although weakening their other two cities. Their makeshift capital to the east was taken by a barbaric state and a city to the north was conquered by the Ottoman army. The army turned back to face the now-muslim Karamanids at the second battle of Konya.
Spoiler :

Great update!!

VERY GOOD! Really liking it. I will put you in my sig. :goodjob:

nice!!

Good job so far! Subbed!

I just found this, so subbed and nice job! Keep up the good work!

Oh snap

To be honest, I forgot about this. I have more than enough screenshots for multiple updates, just never got around to making one. I'll have one up sometime this weekend.

Top Bottom