1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RFC] The History of the Arab World

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Jusos2108, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

@Eduhum: I'll do want I can.:D

@AOS9001: I am letting stability finish her, so that my stability doesn't suffer too much. Spain can be tricky, but bringing your biggest guns (vet. camel archers) usually gets it done.

@Kullervo: Don't forget that my UP gives me Islamic temple and cathedral in every city, so building Madrassa in every city makes each of them produce 9 culture. I doubt that even Paris can beat that.

@MrBanana: Do mean the shrine goal? I think you have build the shrines too..

2. AOS9001

AOS9001 Slightly over 9000.

3. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

I say victory.

Make China Tribituary to get extra production for missionaries after other UHVs!

4. AOS9001

But China is often pretty powerful, and by 1300, they're usually destroyed by Mongols. Usually. If they aren't, they're super powerful.

5. Sicky

Sicky Chieftain

Love this story! Moar!

6. west india man

west india man Immortal

7. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

This is really awesome!

Let's see if this story will ever continue, all that crap is quite annoying. Sorry for the ones who actually followed it..

8. Bobbtjoe

Bobbtjoe Emperor

Well, when you have the most popular story on the forum and the writer is gone for a week, what did you expect? Did you ever read The Cuban Isolists?

9. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

I was gone, because I didn't bother writing with all that crap you posted here. And I said numerous times that I don't like it. I guess that was a bit difficult for you to understand?

I write the story on my pace, if you don't like, don't follow it. Some stories here have been going on for years.

10. Kullervo

Kullervo Mahler/Sibelius Freak

Has China gotten any of the UHV's yet? Generally, if it gets the first two, then there is nothing to stop it from having 120 units. At least in most of my games. Also, what religion is the Europe region (IE anywhere from Portugal to Russia)? Islam (You said that the Christian HC was destroyed)?

Apologies for going off topic, by the way.

11. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

No worries I decided to continue the story, I hate to leave things unfinished. Although my succession game with blizzrd and Rhye is taking some of my time as is Embryodead's great new mod the Sword of Islam. Anyways I'll try to update on sunday at the latest.

12. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

13. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

With the Iberian peninsula mostly under Arabian control Marwan II ordered his Indian armies to advance south towards the new capital of the Pala Empire, Hyderabad. The old Emperor Pharmapala had already passed away at the age of 62. However, his son, Devapala, was crowned as Emperor in Hyderabad and the Pala Empire managed to endure.

Nontheless, Devapala's armies weren't as magnificent as his fathers and the Arabian veterans Beduain, Omani and Iraqi Riders managed to inflict a massive defeat to him outside Hyderabad and the city fell to Arabia. However, Devapala and his lifeguard fought bravely and managed to avoid the decisive defeat. The crumbling Pala Empire had still hope.

Marwan II also sent a smaller army led by the Yemeni Riders to conquer former Persian city state The Ghorid Kingdom based in Qandahar in order to connect India to Persia. The Ghorid Sultanate had caused much trouble by raiding the caravans travelling from India Persia.

Manwhile Marwan himself met many emissaries from Europe and Asia. Marwan promised them all peace, but as a reward he wanted them to acknowledge Arabia's hegemony status in Asia, Europe and Africa. Particularly the Far Eastern nations of Khmers and Chinese were hostile towards the newcomers. However, European kingdoms were eager to trade with Arabia to solidify the peace. Especially a northern Tsardom of Russia proved to be an excellent trading partner.

The last Umayyad Era of Expansion is consired to be the moment when the Caliphate of Arabia entered Renaissance Era.

14. jokoneli

jokoneli Warlord

Wow, well atleast we got an update up and running.

I am really sorry from my spamming, i'm serious.

15. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

Whoa, two whole pages gone. Great update regardless. I'm following this story closely.

16. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

Thanks!:) I'll try to update again on sunday, perhaps, as this one was semi-short.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot to answer the China questions. I doubt that I'll attack China, although taking Indonesia from the Khmers is very likely. However vassalising China would be nice and I haven't remembered to check their UHVs, though I doubt they have them.

17. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Woohoo!
    We called the moderators, and they came, just like Superman, and stopped successfully the cool story invasion!

18. Gruekiller

19. AOS9001

I lost nothing but a slice of maturity.

And to stay on topic... Good update. Gonna go down to East Africa at all?

20. Gruekiller