RFormica's Modding Help Thread

RFormica

Imperator Silvae
Remember in the earlier governments thread, when I decided to do new policies? Well, they don't work... :blush:
I basically copied the Free Imperial Cities trait but replaced SLOT_MILITARY with SLOT_WILDCARD...

Game Defines file is attached below.

Attachments

• RF_UrNammu_GameDefines.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 68
I was not sure where to post these questions, but based on the title I guess this thread is for general modding questions.

1) How to you put line breaks in the Description section under Mod Info? Cause just pressing enter 2 times does not reflect in game, so I am guessing the is code I could put in there to tell it to do a line break.
Spoiler ScreenShot :

upload_2017-9-18_1-15-18.png

2) I made my mod in ModBuddy (Steam), but if I also want to upload it to this website, how do I put it in a format so people who don't have Steam can use it?

3) My mod is meant to give human players playing on Deity a little extra start of the game boost, but I wonder if it is OP or balance for what I am trying to achieve. Thoughts?
Mages Guild (Building): +1 Culture, +1 Faith, +1 Science, +2 Food, +2 Gold, +2 Production, +1 Housing, +1 Amenities, and a Free Builder.
Sorcerer (Unit): 5 Combat Strength, 10 Ranged Strength with a Range of 2, 3 Movement, and +30 Combat Strength vs. barbarians.

1) I believe that it's <NEWLINE>

2) Go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI, and take your mod folder and upload it from there. I believe that steam is the only way to use Civ6.

3) I think that it's a bit OP. Maybe get rid of some of the yields and turn the range to 1.

1) I believe that it's <NEWLINE>

This did not work, it resulted in the following with an error message:
Spoiler screenshot :

upload_2017-9-18_16-15-12.png

After some googling, I found the command "%0D%0A", but it did not work either and resulted in the following output:
Spoiler screenshot :

upload_2017-9-18_16-17-53.png

There has to be a way to but line breaks in here, but how?

2) Go to Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI, and take your mod folder and upload it from there. I believe that steam is the only way to use Civ6.

Thanks for the info.

3) I think that it's a bit OP. Maybe get rid of some of the yields and turn the range to 1.

How about this:
Mages Guild (Building): +1 Science, +2 Gold, +1 Production, +1 Housing, +1 Amenities, and a Free Builder.
Sorcerer (Unit): 3 Movement, 5 Combat Strength, 10 Ranged Strength with a Range of 1, and +30 Combat Strength vs. barbarians.

Top Bottom