Rhye's and Fall of Asia - RFCA

Indo-Greeks are way to powerfull,in some games they conquer India!
They don't even had that many influence.
They are the most advanced civ in most of my games,even more then China!
They are almost always first or second in ranking.
And they don't collapse,even long after their fall in reality.

The SVN has a nerfed Indo-Greek civilization, which is weaker and gets destroyed by the Hephtalites sooner most of the times (~300AD).
Saying this, me an merijn did all our updates in the SVN, and it's been already 1 and a half months since the Beta was released. At least a patch would be appropiate for those who don't use SVN. Let's say that i'll upload a patch (v1.1) on December 27.
I already stated though that i don't think it's not that bigga deal if the Greeks survive longer than in history, even if they end up to be one of the stronger civs in the game. I had no idea that the Indo-Greek Kingdom even existed before i came in touch with the modmod, and as i read about them it blew my mind. Making them last for 300 years (40 turns maybe) wouldn't be worth including them at all, but they are too interesting for me to not have them.

I totally support your support for the Indo-greeks. them and the Kushans were pretty much what convinced me I had to make my own mod. if I could go back to any time and place that would be it. hopefully more archaeology will happen there in the future.

I too support them, but shouldn't we rather move this discussion to the thread regarding the current version and not the old thread ;)

bug report:just 5 min ago I turned to play tang from qin after the rise of tang ,the qin was destoried by system event and tang get luoyang ,but i can not found the kongmiao and daimiao which had bulit when I played qin!!!!so i think maybe the system event (destory of civs) caused this bug.

bug report:just 5 min ago I turned to play tang from qin after the rise of tang ,the qin was destoried by system event and tang get luoyang ,but i can not found the kongmiao and daimiao which had bulit when I played qin!!!!so i think maybe the system event (destory of civs) caused this bug.
:aargh:
That is new but actually very plausible that this happens. As it turns out, Shrines aren't grouped along with the wonders but the normal buildings in python. I'll think about a solution.
Thanks for pointing that out:goodjob:

Is this mod dead? I've taken a hiatus from civ, but had been hoping this would be polished by the time I came back. Did it ever make it to 1.0?

If you looked a little further, you could have seen there is a new thread. The most recent version is 1.2. (Unlike the title of the thread.) You can download it from the first link. (download repository)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=454364

Unfortunately, the development is somewhat death. Since 1.2, there have been a very few updates in the SVN, but those never came to a new version. (None of those updates change the gameplay)

What happened to civ-addicted?
In the past the development and support of this mod was quite active.
This is one of my favourite mods and I hope it isn't dead.

I thought the mod was kinda finalized. Only thing left was making Ming playable IIRC.

I have no idea what happened to civaddicted. I guess he doesn't have time to mod/play RFCA. IIRC, he was in around his examing period when the development was very active. I think he has found a job now.

I have made a very few minor updates since last release. The major development is stopped, as I don't have the coding capabilities to take over the coding business. I will keep making the minor updates like the last ones I made, but don't expect to much of it.

Then please tell me where Almaliq is on the map.

The one the Chagatai are supposed to found.

I can't find any reference to the Chagatai in the barbs.py. And there is not barb/indepdent city that will spawn by itself with that name. So I can't give you the coordinates.

I guess you won't find them in barbs.py because the Chagatai is a "UH-path" you can take when playings as the Mongols. One of the UHVs is to found Almaliq and make it big. Which makes for a silly guessing game where that city spot belongs.

Oops, sorry. Forgot about that.

According to the code, 4 tiles are validate.
X = 14 or 15
Y = 56 or 57
That means that (X=14, Y=56), (X=14, Y=57), (X=15, Y=56) and (X=15, Y=56) are validate.

I will add the info to the civilopedia.

The area actually gets highlighted in my version *( v. 1.2 I guess ) and I send my second settler over there after founding Karakorum. but when I settle the area, the naming of the city is either Turfan or Beshbalik. I manually name it to Almalik. *( spelling as per the UHV text ) . I'm not sure if its supposed to be that way.

The area actually gets highlighted in my version *( v. 1.2 I guess ) and I send my second settler over there after founding Karakorum. but when I settle the area, the naming of the city is either Turfan or Beshbalik. I manually name it to Almalik. *( spelling as per the UHV text ) . I'm not sure if its supposed to be that way.

Definitly not :think: I'll change it right away

I fixed (actually, created from scratch since there wasn't one) the Mongolian CNM map after you went on hiatus. The city name is correct on the SVN version.

Top Bottom