Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

RFCA (RFC of Asia) is another mod where I'm involved in. It's also working on Sourceforge. I want to upload a new version of it. IIRC, it works the same as releasing a new Beta for RFCE, but I don't know how that works.

When I want to get a new version, I make sure the SVN is updated, then I have a command to "export" the solution, which strips all of the svn information and creates an RFCEurope folder. Then I zip the folder and upload it to the files section of sourceforge. Once the file is uploaded, you need to set it as the default upload. However, you can only do that if you are an "administrator" in the svn project, for RFCE it is you, me and sedna17, I don't know about RFCA.

In your case, you need to find the "export" command in the SVN client that you are using (i.e. tortoise SVN).

for RFCE it is you, me and sedna17, I don't know about RFCA.

Could you also add me there?
In case you are not here when we want to release a new version...

Thanks merijn!
Btw, when do you guys think we should release the next version?
I think we should have another Beta before 3Miro want to release 1.0 in february

Thanks merijn!
Btw, when do you guys think we should release the next version?
I think we should have another Beta before 3Miro want to release 1.0 in february

There has already been quite a few changes, so we can have an RC1 next week (RC = Release Candidate).

The only thing I want to do for next Beta, is adding the Scottish Line Infantry. (And if someone comes up with a new UM that one too) I will do this the comming week, so the new Beta can be released next weekend.

There has already been quite a few changes, so we can have an RC1 next week (RC = Release Candidate).

The only thing I want to do for next Beta, is adding the Scottish Line Infantry. (And if someone comes up with a new UM that one too) I will do this the comming week, so the new Beta can be released next weekend.

I still have a few things WIP, but yeah, we should release it for Christmas and the holidays :)

I take it Papal States will remain unplayable and boring Austrian UHV will stay the same?.. :sad: Austria in particular never becomes Hapsburg Empire...

I take it Papal States will remain unplayable and boring Austrian UHV will stay the same?.. :sad: Austria in particular never becomes Hapsburg Empire...

We can change Austria, the Papal states won't be changed, at least not for the next version
But why did you post this in the starting information thread?

UHV's Papal States
UHV1:Smite the infidels
UHV2:????
UHV3:prophet
What is actually the meaning of this?
I was laughing 5 minutes long when I saw that in the game.
I hope for a playable Papal States.

Yes, that's an error. UHV2 should read "Locate the Antichrist before it's too late."

;)

I just dl'd the mod and reinstalled it. Now there appear to be pretty weird changes.

I first played as the Norse, and my civ name was Viking kingdoms instead of Empire of Denmark and Norway. When I settled a city in Scotland roghly in the location of Edinbugh it was named Birka. When I conquered Eboracum its name didn't change to Jorvik.

I then started a new game as the English. When I settled in the initial starting location the city was named Portsmouth, not London. Also, when independent Eboracum flipped, it retained its name.

These changes seem pretty weird, as if I downloaded a previous version of the mod.

I just dl'd the mod and reinstalled it. Now there appear to be pretty weird changes.

I first played as the Norse, and my civ name was Viking kingdoms instead of Empire of Denmark and Norway. When I settled a city in Scotland roghly in the location of Edinbugh it was named Birka. When I conquered Eboracum its name didn't change to Jorvik.

I then started a new game as the English. When I settled in the initial starting location the city was named Portsmouth, not London. Also, when independent Eboracum flipped, it retained its name.

These changes seem pretty weird, as if I downloaded a previous version of the mod.

Due to the map changes from last game, the Citynames aren't in sync with the map anymore. This will be fixed in the next version.

BTW, this kinds of messages should be in the Playtesting Feedback thread or the Release Candidate thread, not here.

Due to the map changes from last game, the Citynames aren't in sync with the map anymore. This will be fixed in the next version.

BTW, this kinds of messages should be in the Playtesting Feedback thread or the Release Candidate thread, not here.

Ok, thanks. I suppose mods can move this to the relevant location, right? BTW, when is the next version coming out, approximately?

It isn't necessary that it moves to an other thread. It's just you know it for the next time.

3Miro mentioned that a new version will be released when the turn 300 bug is solved (which is solved by now). I thought the next version would come later, so I'm afraid the citynames are still not synced. But they will for Beta 1.0 (which comes in february)

Top Bottom