1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhyes Civ 4 map converted and adjusted

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by ecv, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ozon

ozon Chieftain

I might have a hint concerning the crashes while playing this map...
    I removed via WB teams of civs and city states, and till now (1000 AD) it´s working fine.
    Maybe one should keep an eye on this, maybe some of the various "cross relations" which may emerge from these teams results in crashes. (Maybe someone has a clue how to check this properly?)

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Restarted as Egypt and am now well past 1000 AD - no crash. :crazyeye:

3. Sayounara

Sayounara Chieftain

Best Earth map so far

4. Monyu

Monyu Chieftain

Really? I'm looking through WB right now but I see they are all all on different team..?

5. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yeah, that can´t be it. Anywho, I´m now around 1750 AD, still crashless. :)

6. Art Grin

Art Grin Chieftain

Nice map, it's good to see Rhyes Earth in Civ5.
    Can I use this Earthmap in order to create a Civ5 scenario?

7. Cashie

Cashie Chieftain

Thanks, now I need my copy of CiV to arrive in the mail...

8. tim staes

tim staes Chieftain

@JEELEN: which download did you use for your 'crashless' game? and did you make any modification before playing?

I'm really happy someone already converted Rhye's map, as the RFC mod is the only way I ever played CIV4! (and I played it A LOT)

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Which mod? This one. I DLed it from the mod hub. But I now CTDed at 1852 AD... :(

10. tim staes

tim staes Chieftain

what's CTDed? (sorry ben maar een domme belg ;))

11. Puer

Puer Chieftain

ecv & Rhye, thanks for the great map!
    ecv, i suggest to update first post if there is new maps version/download. Also some version nr would be nice to track latest version ;)

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Crash To Desktop. (Dat moeten ze vanzelfs int Belgiekske toch wel kenne, zunne!)

13. ecv

ecv Chieftain

About the CTD
    I have experienced them as well, and from reading around I gather that the CTD may come from saving a game and later loading it while you are in-game (and possibly do it one more time). Ie. only load games from the main menu.
    So far this is supported from my own playing.

I've updated the first post with the newest version. Since the last time i checked I think it had received more downloads than the latest version..

I'm considering removing some of the CSs in Europe. European powers seem to do quite bad compared to the others.

Feel free to use the map for scenarios. Im not sure if it is clear for everyone, but the Civ5 world builder can convert civ4 maps to civ5 maps. All I did (in the first version) was to correct the shorelines a bit and make sure the civs were placed correctly.

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Yes, I´ve been trying out the WB with this map a bit already. Unfortunately my CTDs aren´t load/save-related; they just happen when the game runs through the AI turns after I click End Turn.

15. Silver44Guy

Silver44Guy Chieftain

When I load this map it causes city states to be known as leaders or copies. For instance, I met Edinburgh and it was lead by Caesar and diplomacy involved what you would do with a country, not a city state. This was loading the map with the 'load scenario" decision because otherwise the starting locations were incorrect.

16. Silver44Guy

Silver44Guy Chieftain

Also I wonder if there is a way to eliminate watching combat... Since if I click load scenario it does not let me access the advanced settings screen.

17. Vader1025

Vader1025 Chieftain

What am I missing with this map? I've installed this one and the smaller version of it and it says "invalid mod" and is in red when I try to load it.

18. ozon

ozon Chieftain

To my knowledge this is because in the first upload of the map teams were messed up...
    Maybe you check in WB under "scenario options" if any civilizations and city states share the same team.

19. tim staes

tim staes Chieftain

personally I deleted almost all city states because Europe was way too crowded, so that the civs had at least some space to build new cities. I also reorganized the team numbers to avoid mixups. Still quite early in the game (i play on marathon level) but no crashes or bugs so far. I also deleted all African and American civs to keep that part of the world open for colonization. I'm playing with the Romans, looking great so far!

20. OutOfFaze

OutOfFaze Chieftain

Any chance you could upload your file? I've started a game as Britain, and Augustus starts where Napoleon should. I was going to fix it myself, but if it's already been done, that would be sweet.