Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I've found the key to postponing colonization of Siberia.

I've made a experiment and seen that AI sends a warrior asap to the nearest barbarian camp, and if there isn't a barbarian camp, to the nearest goody hut.
Now, removing the barb units doesn't change this priority. Removing the camp and leaving the units instead changes this: the warrior heads to the goody hut, and ignores the barb. unit, which instead of being attacked, attacks the warrior when it comes near.

For this reasons, limiting the number of the camps and raising the number of the units would mean that barbarians will last much longer.

Rhye said:
i don't know it yet. I need some more tests
I can start testing even before the xpack is underway... If you need me to test a biq, just email it to me and I'll get on it when I can. (Provided you tell me what exactly I should test in it.)

Might I suggest horsemen of some type? It would make more sense for the steppe barbs to be horsies!

:spear:

I know this is a groany wish thing, but I really wish that there was a way to preset city locations for the computer so that they would settle in those spots. It would make life SOOO much easier!

Aeon221 said:
I know this is a groany wish thing, but I really wish that there was a way to preset city locations for the computer so that they would settle in those spots. It would make life SOOO much easier!
Well, the closest thing (which I've seen done) is you take a terrain type, make it the only settlable terrain type, and then put it wherever you want a city...
Rhye, having simple Horsemen (with no changes) placed under barbarian control wouldn't be too far-fetched... Or are those already there?

Currentry northern and central Asia is populated by horsemen and camel riders.

Making one terrain type only settleable may limit heavily the player's freedom of choice.
And that wouldn't mean anything: a French or Portuguese settler may still take the spot next to mongols before anyone.

About the pack,
the flavour units project has changed my plans a bit.
I'm in need of middle eastern ships, and the dhow could be useful.

The fact that I already chose the dhow as Indian 2nd UU force me to think of an alternative Indian unit. I have no clue...have you?

Rhye,
I still think you should use the aegis cruiser as an American UU. You are using naval UU for India, and this is a more realistic UU for America as we are the only ones with them, except if we sell them.
Other than that..I have just played thru a second game, this with your latest version, as the Americans. It played extremely well. Excellent work, thanks.

Rhye said:
If I use flavour units, India will probably no longer have the Dhow.
And America already has its 2nd UU......................the A-Bomb!
Yeah, but everyone has nukes..plus using it alienates the rest of the world, and nobody has aegis except anyone we sell it to, which at this time is 2 countries, Japan and Australia.

Just a quick note..I am sure you aren't competing or anything :) but it appears to me that your thread has the most posts on the forum, for the length of time it has been here at least :)
Ron

navman74 said:
Just a quick note..I am sure you aren't competing or anything :) but it appears to me that your thread has the most posts on the forum, for the length of time it has been here at least :)
Ron

Who said that I'm not competing ;)

I know that this thread has the highest posts/month ratio: about 16 pages per month.
Just to compare: DyP has produced 6 pages/month; TET's mod 4 p/m; Warhammer 8 p/m; The Old Empires 12 p/m; The Great War 15 p/m.
Only Barbarossa seems superior (19 p/m), but as it is only one month old, its statistic isn't much significant.

The warhammer thread is only 8 per month? When I was looking through that thread it seemed more like 8 per day...

Oh. That... that makes a little more sense.

I've found some new links with interesting info.
I could split early ships into oared and non-oared. The higher manouvrability of the oar vessels should be represented by ignoring the coast movement cost (to be increased to 2).

I'm still sure that the 2nd Indian UU must be a ship, possibly a ship used by pirates. They've represented a golden age for Bombay. I only need to know how should I call it and what animation should I use (I can't find anywhere the name of the ship used by indian pirates. All I found is the dhow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom