Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye,

Are you going to update v2.62? Just asking because of you saying that you are fixing marsh tile setting and wine in North America? I also want to work with a completed mod file for a version of your mod. I was thinking of using your mod to create a WW3 game.

KOC

I started a game as Persia on Emperor (chose Random and hoped for a European/Asian civ) and it's going quite well. I popped a settler at around 2700BC and since then I've been in the lead, score-wise, even though I've been sruggling with science since forever... I managed to trade my way into the middle ages right before conquering India (after a pretty smooth conquest of Babylon) and soon I'm going to probably take out the Hebrews for access to the Mediterranean sea (even though I've already made contact with most of the Europeans through exploration and ROPs with Russia and Austria.)
I was surprised to find that I'm doing fine even with only two cities above size 4. Elephants and Camels helped alot. I'm hoping to pretty much conquer my way to spaceship victory by simply being the only one big enough to build it. This should be interesting.

Rhye, thanks but I'll wait for the completed mod or mods. If I undertake the WW3 it will take awhile and I want to start work with a completed mod.

Thanks

KOC

I just had an idea...
Add a tech called Tourism sometime in the late industrial age, and have it make extra commerce appear in famous major sites of tourism... This could add a little extra realism to modern-day economy where sometimes a (small) country's economy can depend almost entirely on tourism (like Israel, for instance.)
Just a thought. :p

Haha, how about making a government called Tourism, where production is hyper limited, but cashflow is intense, and you can build supercheap buildings which add the benefits of stock markets on in addition to the ones you have. Call them Resorts for seaside cities, and Spas for inland ones. Make worker speed really low, and give them no military support (and troop cost of 3), so that they depend almost entirely on stronger neighbors hahahaha

->Finlandiaciv:

there are many people asking for the Xpack, four people asking for Poland, and one (you) asking for the Vanilla version.
I promised to do it, but I must give the priority to the other works.

In the meantime, I need 2 answers from you:
1) Would you prefer for Vanilla a basic version or do you want it to include some of the things that there'll be in the Xpack?
2) Would you be available to make some test when the Vanilla version is ready? The work of adding the things is quick (especially if you don't want it any addition of the Xpack), but the testing and balancing work is quite long. In fact it means watching how a game develops, make the corrections, start a new game, and on and on. You could speed up this process.

er.... I didn't really get that... 1) I think the Xpack... 2) I can test it, but I'm not good at mod-making... =/ but it would be fun if I can help with SOMETHING :)

The 1) depends on what are the reasons for you'd like in the Vanilla version:
-for the loading times, the world map and the new graphics
-or for the units that will be added in the pack (keep in mind that there will be no new Civs in the Vanilla version, as the maximum n. of civs in that case is 16 :( )

er... I like Vanilla cause I don't got some expansion :) now, it's time for bed! goodnight!

I believe there was a vesel called a Gallivat (pronounced galley-wot) used from about 1700 that might be applicable as an Indian pirate vesel UU.

Oh and on early discussions about colonial wonders - one could be the British East India Company.

The first factor is the size: an increase of one side leads to a great increase of area.

100x100 -> 5000 tiles
140x140-> 9800 tiles
180x180-> 16200 tiles (can be beared with a fast computer)
256x256 -> 32768 tiles (unplayable)
312x312 -> 48672 tiles (you must be crazy :crazyeye: )

but this isn't the only factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom