1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The GP spells are known (forgot the new buttons when making the patch).

Not sure what you mean about the Frozen, I'll check them out.

2. Locust-71

Locust-71 King of Athel Loren

Casting the spell "dispell magic" often result in ctd. Not repeatable. After loading autosave game continous, even after casting same spell on same spot on same unit.

3. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan Chieftain

Will all the GP have Teleport in the next version?

(D'Tesh slaves created by recon units desperately need it, too...)

4. Valkrionn

Yes, but the D'teshi slaves will not. Those you have to funnel back on your own... ;)

On the upside, D'teshi recon have a different style invisibility. Goes away after combat, and can also be toggled off if need be.

5. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan Chieftain

Thumbs up on the toggle. I can't even count how many slaves I lost because my level 30 hunter was incapable of protecting them.

6. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Chieftain

This is ridiculous. My last three games, in a row, have all crashed at around 125 turns. I'm running completely un-modded, pure RIFE. I end my turn and the game crashes, quitting to desktop. There's no way around it. Reloading the game and playing the turn again doesn't help, it just crashes again.

This is ruining the entire game for me, I literally cannot get a game to last. Can anyone pleeeease help me?

Attached are the three save files, which should be at the last turn possible. The Hippus file may be some turns prior. Sidar is most recent.

Attached Files:

7. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan Chieftain

A couple of Jotnar issues. First, as far as I can tell, none of their units can create whaling boats. I think this may be an oversight from when they had radius 1 cities, but I figure I ought to ask.

Second, because they're set up to spread religion through their own priest-like unit, they don't get the customary single disciple upon finishing the relevant tech. Which means if they don't found a religion (funny) it doesn't appear in their cities once the tech is researched. So if RoK is founded on the other side of the map, for example, they'll never see it. This is important because you can't convert to a religion without it being present in at least one city. And their religion spreading unit only spreads the state religion.

I think the easiest fix is to give them the usual disciple. Alternatively, the Mouth of the Divine could be given the ability to spread any religion whose requisite tech is known to them.

8. maglock

maglock Coatlann Tamer

Possibly a bug:

In the save game below, I had 3 civs die one after the other and then this insanely overpowered Griffon with Fear promotion rocks up on my doorstep at ~turn 100.

Can't kill it - it's on the water and killing one unit per turn.
    Surely Griffons aren't supposed to be able to enter ones borders.

RiFE 1.23 with super secret Python fix ;)

Attached Files:

9. Oranos

Oranos Chieftain

My computer keeps crashing, and only while playing Rife. I started a new game as the Malakim, and everything was going fine. Around turn 300 or so, my computer died. No bluescreen, no ctd, just shut off. And it kept happening. I started another new game as the Malakim, it crashed on the first turn. I started a couple other new games as different civs, crashed within the first few turns everytime. I can leave Rife on the main menu, and nothing will happen. I'm currently reinstalling Rife to see if that fixes the issue.

10. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Chieftain

Sounds like a power supply issue, how old is your comp?

11. Oranos

Oranos Chieftain

That was my reaction initially, but I don't know why it would happen only in Rife. My laptop's about 3 years old, dead battery. I had to get a new ac adapter so it's in excellent condition.

12. Atronarch

Atronarch Chieftain

Maybe the CPU temperature is the problem. When the CPU become too hot generally the computer stop to prevent CPU to break cause of heat, this is because Civ4 use a large amount of CPU.

13. Alexiel

Alexiel Chieftain

I don't know if this bug is mentioned. I played a game with mechanos, and i had wild mana on.

When I sent an adeptus over an shadow mana node there wasnt any button to build a refinery or the refinery is only for the normal mana node????

14. Korias

Korias Chieftain

Yeah, You've got to clear the mana type first, since you can only refine untyped mana.

15. Valkrionn

Research Divination (think that's the one; All four mana techs grant abilities, though) and your Adeptus/Techpriest units gain the ability to dispel.

16. isthmus

isthmus Chieftain

With refineries and other nodes, other types of mana can only be build on 'normal' mana.
    You need to use the dispel the mana node to convert it to a normal node. In Rife your adeptus can use the dispel spell once researching a certain second tier arcane tech... forgotten what one it was but it's either divination, necromancy, alteration or elementalism.
    Probably divination, but I could be wrong.

edit: ah, ninja'd.
    twice. I am ashamed. :p

17. Alexiel

Alexiel Chieftain

Thanks a lot for the quick answer. I haven't researched any tech from the arcane tree and i didn't that promotion.

18. Valkrionn

Past the initial 4 manasphere techs, the Mechanos don't benefit from Arcane techs. I just didn't want the tree to be entirely useless.

19. smithroadtrip

smithroadtrip Chieftain

I've just installed the newest version of RifE and it's patch, and I'm having a problem.

When I am moving a unit, and am still holding the right mouse button down, sometimes, the unit moves anyway, as if I had released the mouse button. This has happened in both games I have tried. The first as the Lurchirp (sp), the second as the Hippus. The happened several times in both games, in some cases, getting my unit killed, because the unit moved to a space with an enemy.

Is anyone else having this problem, and is there any other information you would like me to provide?

20. joemag

joemag Chieftain

@ Oranos: I had the same problem on a laptop with FFH in general. I think it was a problem with my fan/overheating in general, especially since the computer was quite hot at the auto-shutdown.