1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Personally, I'm okay with the balance. By the time it stops, I have Reborn nearly ready.

It just means strategies need to be adjusted. :p

2. Torugu

Torugu Prince

There's no problem with the current balance, I was just saying that forcing players to use Reborn isn't really an argument against declining spawn rates as the decline could be balanced to fulfil the same purpose.

3. Valkrionn

This is true. I guess my point of view on it right now is there's no real balance issue, so I don't want to spend the time on it. Will likely change in 1.4 or 1.5, but not right now.

4. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

How about the national limit of 4 Reborn at any given time? I'm not really sure why that limit is there (the limit on Awakened doesn't really matter as it is since while you're getting Awakened you can get them where they need to go pretty quickly), except to make wars and the occasional barbarian pack less helpful.

Maybe I'm just having a hard time 'getting' the Scions because I got used to D'tesh first.

5. Valkrionn

IIRC, that's mostly to limit the number you get from combat.

6. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

Doesn't it (any national unit limit, for that matter) count any that are under construction as well? I guess my question is 'are they supposed to be behind D'tesh in terms of population?'

7. Valkrionn

Yes, those under construction are counted.

Yes and no. Honestly, they have an easier time getting their early pop, but the D'tesh have an easier time getting the later pop assuming they do okay early on.

8. legowarrior

legowarrior Chieftain

My game keeps freezing on opponents turn on turn 444. No matter what I do different in the 3-4 turns running up to it, on turn 444 it freezes up. Also, I'm building the last stage of the alter, and no one has declared war on me, especially not my vassal states, who probably know better.

9. odalrick

odalrick Emperor

When I asked the question, the answer was to stop the AI from building too many.

So on top of an almost non-existent chance to capture units, a chance to capture worthless warriors or scouts instead and priests so weak that they can barely scape up a victory in the first place; you feel the need to limit the number gained to four less whatever you happen to have in production? Does it even work, or will a lucky victory mess up your build-queues?

Not to mention that does nothing to explain the limit on Awakened.

I think it was one of those decisions that were made in the dawning of time that no one understands but no one cares enough to change it either.

10. Valkrionn

Honestly, I stopped paying attention to the Scions quite some time ago. They were balanced well enough for me. :lol:

That said, after I stopped playing them Tarq introduced the new priest system (weak outside your borders, convert more than just into reborn, etc); That may need to be reverted.

It's really just one of those things I don't think about doing, don't have time to do, and never address. So your last statement is correct. :lol:

11. Moosh

Moosh Chieftain

So I got a question. I'm playing this one game, turn 188, and no matter what I do, after I end my turn, the computer does a couple of AI turns and then the game just crashes. What steps should I take to try and debug it so I can figure out what's wrong? I'd would just post the game, but some people aren't using the modmods I am so you wouldn't be able to load it correctly anyways. Any suggestions? I really liked how this game was going to, heh.

-Moosh

12. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

Hi,

playing with D'Tesh, Lort D'Tesh, Immortal, single city, raging barbs, no settlers, lots of other stuff... standard map size. Round 154, my hunter (subdue animal) is attacking a giant spider - CRASH.

I already mentioned it: I like your mod:) But: I hate the continuing crashes:mad:
    So: When is RifE 1.3 ready???
    Hope: It will be a stand-alone with no zip-files, no patches, just download and play.

Greez,

Tschuggi

13. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

It will be a stand alone download yes. But that there will be patches soon after release is kinda inevitable even if we have testers testing the mod all the time they are just not as many as you guys and are bound to have missed something.

All I can say about the 1.3 release date is that it will be soon. Hopefully very soon.

14. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

Ok, you are right, patches are inevitable... but that's ok. Thanks a lot for the stand-alone:) and I can't wait, please hurry;) I want to test everything. I am so curios... good marketing from you guys, you know how to tease.
    But that's not so difficult here. Were are all fans of civ (i am playing since sids first game...) and I love the fantasy background - as an over thirty, family, kids and manager guy with a serious normal live. Here I am a total nerd and proud of it. So please, hurry up!!!

thanks a lot for your hard work. I am also willing to do donations... or translate a part into german or italian.

Greez,

Tschuggi

P.S.: Is there a similar good mod with sf background (not marsnow or planetfall, star trek is not installable...)

15. Valkrionn

The best sci-fi flavored mod I am aware of is Dune Wars. It is literally the only mod other than RifE that I play. ;)

16. tesb

tesb Emperor

hm i liked planetfall more, but i am a big smack sucker, well i adore dune too :)
    i guess i don't like dune wars that much because the units don't scale as well and it makes the same mistake that all the pc strategy games make: it focuses too much on mechanized units, while in the books it was mostly infantry with 'thopter support.

17. Valkrionn

I can agree with that... I love the Thopters.

Speaking of which, look forward to playing the Mechanos next version. :lol:

18. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

dune is ok, but there is a lot to improve... after a while it really get's lame, but the
    original story has so much potential. I read everything from Frank Herbert and all of the stuff of his son and co-authors (quite a lot sucks..., though nothing from F.H.!) - and David Lynch has made the best film out of it. The other stuff (two german films) really sucks.

I like the original sf-mod from civ, but i am missing the troops and the real zoom in to the planets - would be really nice to play the game on two levels: in space with all the starships and planet defences and on the planet with troops, cities and all that other stuff.

Greez,

Tschuggi

P.S.: Just finished a game with Jotnar (Hephaistos) on immortal - conquest victory;)

19. Moosh

Moosh Chieftain

So I can't figure it out. I went back to autosave 179 and played from there differently then I had last night but like clockwork when I end turn 188 the game just crashes. I have no idea why. The modmod(mod?)s I'm using are:

Mana Flares (andstuff)
    Reformed Liches
    Populated Cottages
    Fall Under

If anyone can help I'd appricate it greatly.

-Moosh

Attached Files:

20. stupidnewbie

stupidnewbie Warlord

It would seem that units that die during the first strike phase of combat have a zero percent chance of withdrawing. Is this intended?