RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Hello Guys, I downloaded RIFE, but I´m having a problem. When I play it for a while, sometimes the game start to "THINK" and didn't pass to my turn! It keep Thinking indefinitely...Does it happened to someone more? What I Have to do?! I wanna play this!!! :(

Happened to me a few times. No way around it that I could see, even if I reloaded a save from several turns before. It's a issue with this version that may be fixed in 1.3, which I hear could be out sometime between tomorrow or next week or next month or next year or the next decade.
I actually don't know. I've been playing for 3 weeks, and have heard about this patch, but others say that the rumor has been around for longer.

I will say this, the developer is good at getting in touch with people and he has some pretty ambitious goals for this next patch. I can't wait to see the results.

The rumor of imminence has been floating around for about a month, but it was mistaken at the time. Opera mentioned something she had to do for 1.3, but wouldn't be done with for at least a week, and that somehow got translated into "OMG 1.3'll be out in a week!" Some of us, myself included, have a running joke in pestering Valkrionn for release dates, which may have confused the issue. I'm pretty sure the first time Valk himself made a statement indicating a one week timeframe was in the last day or two, as he puts the last touches on the new barbarian system.

AFAIK he hasn't given the "don't start any new games right now" warning, so my completely speculative guess is that it'll be sometime into this week. Though I'd love to see it tomorrow, as my afternoon's pretty open.

Defeating Ophelia needs a text resource ( you just get the txt_key message ).

If you have a treasure chest on a square with a unit, if you click the chest it doesn't select so it looks like you are still selecting your unit, but you cannot move or control them.

The join city action icon for most of the great people is a blank purple box.

Escape appears to be available randomly on great people rescued from dungeons ( if there is some reason why sometime they can cast it and sometimes they can't, it's not obvious to me )

Not really a bug, but mutate seems to favor illogical combinations like strong + weak or light + heavy - some of them should probably block others.

Spider units are absurbly imbalanced - it's possible to convert a baby spider into an empire destroying rhagodessa spider swarm in under 20 turns on marathon.

The rumor of imminence has been floating around for about a month, but it was mistaken at the time. Opera mentioned something she had to do for 1.3, but wouldn't be done with for at least a week, and that somehow got translated into "OMG 1.3'll be out in a week!" Some of us, myself included, have a running joke in pestering Valkrionn for release dates, which may have confused the issue. I'm pretty sure the first time Valk himself made a statement indicating a one week timeframe was in the last day or two, as he puts the last touches on the new barbarian system.

AFAIK he hasn't given the "don't start any new games right now" warning, so my completely speculative guess is that it'll be sometime into this week. Though I'd love to see it tomorrow, as my afternoon's pretty open.

I'd like it to be within a week. Next weekend would be the best bet, though. Decided to basically rebalance the barb units completely, while adding the new mechanic, rather than just adapt them to it. Worth the extra time.

Defeating Ophelia needs a text resource ( you just get the txt_key message ).

If you have a treasure chest on a square with a unit, if you click the chest it doesn't select so it looks like you are still selecting your unit, but you cannot move or control them.

The join city action icon for most of the great people is a blank purple box.

Escape appears to be available randomly on great people rescued from dungeons ( if there is some reason why sometime they can cast it and sometimes they can't, it's not obvious to me )

Not really a bug, but mutate seems to favor illogical combinations like strong + weak or light + heavy - some of them should probably block others.

Spider units are absurbly imbalanced - it's possible to convert a baby spider into an empire destroying rhagodessa spider swarm in under 20 turns on marathon.

• Ophelia needs text, yes.
  • That's because the chest is communal property. Any player can open it.
  • Forgot some icons in 1.22, is all.
  • Depends on the GP. It was meant to be on all, was left off one or two.
  • Mutate has been completely redesigned.
  • No animals upgrade via combat in 1.3.

Don't know if this is a bug or if answered before..

But whenever I summon hybo\basium and switch to them the screen doesn't redirect me to them.

I found a way with editor to get the screen in the right place..

But is there any solid fixes for this?

About Ophelia, please remove her from the Sheaim line, neutral and Sheaim just doesn't fit.
Also all the ocassion I've met Ophelia as a Sheaim she worshiped all religions but AV, (I add sheaim to my game hoping that the AC counter rises a bit to the game, but she spoils that!)

About Ophelia, please remove her from the Sheaim line, neutral and Sheaim just doesn't fit.
Also all the ocassion I've met Ophelia as a Sheaim she worshiped all religions but AV, (I add sheaim to my game hoping that the AC counter rises a bit to the game, but she spoils that!)

She won't spoil that in the next version.

For that matter, no Sheaim leader will. They will all try to raise the AC, as it is a civflavor they have. They will pursue AV (spreading it raises AC), and take whatever action is necessary to raise it and bring Armageddon. Thank Snarko.

And Ophelia won't be removed. I like her. ;)

Will religion be a civflavor for all/most civs in the next version? It gets kinda weird when you have Bannor worshiping the AV and the Sheaim with RoK.

No, civflavors are for specific things. The only reason AV enters into it for the Sheaim is they seek to cause armageddon.

CivFlavors are things such as High_Pop, High_Food, etc. Those two combined for the Calabim cause them to want to grow past the happy cap, helping them utilize their Governor's Mannor and the Feed spell.

Yeah, but the values in the leaders file is a bit low. So the AI doesn't care much. Expect that to change later.

FYI stuff:

Exponential Awakened-spawning drop off rather than sudden:
This is true. I guess my point of view on it right now is there's no real balance issue, so I don't want to spend the time on it.

Exactly. :)
I like sudden, but it should really be linked to time-passed, which could be difficult to balance. (Though, come to think of it: Screw balance. Err on the side of too-few Awakened and it sounds fun.)

A gradual system is what I would have used originally, but:
1) Would have been harder to judge what the balance was like - though I agree they can be equivalent.
2) A sudden cut-off was far easier, given my monkey-see-monkey-do python skill.

Reborn unit limit.
When I asked the question, the answer was to stop the AI from building too many.

Yeah. Pretty lame... it was a "dawn of time/never bothered to change" thing.

Tarqueline, maybe rather than exponential in the formula based on population, you could multiply by a factor of 1/2 every time the player gains a method of gaining Reborn-like building their first Legate (or upgrade), building the first Cathedral of Rebirth, or getting Pelemoc. Or for getting the techs that make those possible. Or maybe just put a penalty (by subtraction) in the formula for the population outside the capitol.

I just ran into a very strange bug playing as Mordmorgan. A named goblin wolf rider apparently ignored my starting city's two defenders and plowed through it to get at my worker on the other side, killing me in the process. I have no idea what caused this, but when I reloaded a save from a few turns earlier and took the exact same actions my warriors were able to defend just fine.

Don't know if u guys already know about this and have fixed whatever caused it, but there it is.

Hello all, I'm a refugee of the FF hiatus that is currently ongoing. I've played a couple of games over the last few weeks and in each of my games there comes a point where I can no longer proceed because of a game crash. The crash occurs between turns while the AI is processing their moves, then BAM - "Civ has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I've perused the bug forums a bit, but this is a tricky problem to search for. If anyone had some advice I would greatly appreciate it!! The changes from FF are great and I'm really looking forward to 1.3!!

From what I gather 1.3 is supposed to be much more stable, so at this point I'd say patience is the key.

Top Bottom