1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Moosh, the only thing you can do is abandon your game and start another. I started a DEAD DIV GAMES folder and whenever I came upon unrecoverable CTDs or WOCs, I placed the last save in the dead folder. I started another game and would periodically go back to the folder and try to play those games again. Rarely one would actually play on, but most were RIP.

When my folder got upwards of 20 games I decided to stop playing RiFE (Steam had a great sale and I picked up a bunch of games from there!).

However, after some Borderlands, Crysis Warhead, Fallout 3, Indie games, etc. I recently went back to RiFE (actually hoping the new version was out and, like everyone else, disappointed it was not).

Sadly, my first game crashed like yours. My second game same thing. :(

I have a new computer with i7 processor, 9 gb of RAM, nVidia 260, etc. and play only Normal speed games on a Standard size map.

Honestly, the only thing you can do when you hit a wall with the current version games IMO is to start a new game and stand by for the new version which hopefully will solve these problems in addition to giving us the much talked about new content. :)

2. Xerxos

Xerxos Chieftain

D'Tesh game attached. The turn won't continue (Waiting for other players...)

Attached Files:

3. Segolenus

Segolenus Chieftain

Are volcanoes supposed to "collapse" after a certain amount of time? I've never noticed this before.

Attached Files:

4. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Volcanoes are feature like forests, flood plains and haunted lands so they can be replaced with another feature if the right conditions are met. The only way to do this is to turn the tile into haunted lands as scions, though it doesn't seem like that was the case in your example......

5. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

The Jotnar worldspell says it creates units in cities with "Council of the Warchief" which is only available to Chislev. To verify it's not just a text issue, I tried casting it late in a game with several cities that have built all early and mid game buildings (they've built everything available and I only have about a dozen techs to go) and nothing much happened.

Not the Jotnar need a spell which gives them extra units. Speaking of things they don't need, they can currently build Priests of Winter (and the lesser version).

6. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

The Jotnar worldspell currently shows the help text from the Chislev worldspell; It's been fixed. Check it's wiki page for the real effects; Doubles xp.

Need to block those units from them.

7. Cyrusfan

Cyrusfan King

Oh, that's actually kind of a decent effect. I didn't proceed to the next turn, but I guess I'll have a boatload of promos to pick.

8. inuyashasama

inuyashasama Warlord

In my latest game as the D'tesh, once again, my workers are building over my mana nodes, which is all the more annoying considering their importance for the D'tesh. They do this no matter what civ I pick, once I hit a certain tech level, I'm unsure of which.

I just want to make sure this is fixed in 1.3, because the "workers don't replace old improvements" keeps them from re-forming the land around captured cities. I have a bunch of useless farms and pastures outside my Sidar cities because I don't dare disable the "replace old improvements" option

9. Valkrionn

I'm not sure it will be in 1.3, but will certainly be in 1.4. Large scale mana changes.

10. Zai

Zai Chieftain

I did a search on this thread for CIV4TraitInfos and didn't get any hits, so I'll assume this hasn't been mentioned. I don't know if it matters, but there are duplicate entries in the XML for TRAIT_WANDERER and TRAIT_TACTICIAN. They appear to be identical, so I doubt there are any issues arising from it yet.

11. shoggi

shoggi Team RifE Grunt

That was an oversight.
    It was mainly because the traits weren't sorted in anyway.
    Now they're in a neat alphabetically order, so stuff like that doesn't happen anymore.
    So expect the duplicate traits to be gone in 1.3

12. Valkrionn

13. Zai

Zai Chieftain

Sweet. Will the other xmls be in alphabetical order too? I play around with CIV4LeaderHeadInfos a lot (which is why I was going through the traitinfos) and that file is a mess. :p

14. shoggi

shoggi Team RifE Grunt

Some will at least. I know the spell file is, because I did that.
    Maybe promotions too, but I'm not sure about that.
    There were a few people that worked on that. Can't find the thread that had the call for help to sort the xml files, so i don't know for sure what was done.

15. Valkrionn

Actually, it's not, not really; They're in by Civ. Now, the civ order isn't alphabetical, which needs to change, but each leader is in a block with other leaders of the civ.

Most files are now. Promotions are alphabetical, but are also grouped into a few sections; Races, Equipment, Effects, Promotions, Mutations. Think that may be it. Within each, they are alphabetical.

16. KrugSmash

KrugSmash Warlord

Does that mean that unit selections in the worldbuilder will be in some semblance of order now?

17. Valkrionn

Very much so. First Heroes, then GPs, then civ-specific units in alphebetical order by civ (Amurite units, then Archos, then Austrin, etc), then religious units in alphabetical order by religion, then by unitcombat, with Barbs and Animals at the very bottom of the list. :goodjob:

18. shoggi

shoggi Team RifE Grunt

yes they will.
    if i remember it right the order should be: heroes, civ uniques (sorted by civ), religion, normal units.
    maybe it's first religion and then uniques.

edit/
    ninja'd by valk

19. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

This seems to happen often for some people, so I'm doubtful that the attached save game can be rescued, but what the hey. Worth a shot.

It's the usual story, life is hunky-dory up until a certain turn, and then advancing that turn results in a CTD. Unfortunately for me it happened several hundred turns in. Attached is a save file just before turn advancement and ultimate fiery doom -- if anyone wants to have a peek and try to assess what's going on, I'd be grateful. This is a game I want to play out to the end!

If you find anything that is easy to fix in World Builder go ahead and change it. I don't want to look myself because there are still several Civs I haven't met yet. If it doesn't have to do with D'Tesh, Jotnar, Frozen or Calabim I don't need to know what was changed.

Attached Files:

20. Zai

Zai Chieftain

Well ya, but I can't even remember most of the civs let alone where they are in the file. :lol:

Anyway, it wasn't just that. A lot of the leaders are missing (unneeded) values or are structured differently, especially near the bottom of the file with the leaders of the newer civs. It's just easy to tell it's been pieced together by different people over the years. IE the Jotnar leaders are labeled as Jo1 or Jo2 instead of as their actual names, and some leaders are missing the whole gender liking/liked-by block among others (I guess it defaults to 0). Also finding Korinna took me a few passes. :lol:

Not that it matters, it should be set up so it's easiest for you to work on, not me. I don't change much anyway, just a few traits and values every once in a while. I'm sure 99% of the people who play this never even look in there. :p