RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

I have the pink square too. Forgot to report it.

Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that events were left off ingame by mistake, if so could you point me to the right folder to reactivate them.

Also (and i'm sure this has been asked before) is there any way to get the intro music back?

Hi,

Am I correct in assuming that events were left off ingame by mistake, if so could you point me to the right folder to reactivate them.

Also (and i'm sure this has been asked before) is there any way to get the intro music back?

Events are alive and well, unless you installed something incorrectly.

Same thing goes for intro music.

Best bet is to reinstall RifE 1.20, and then patch to 1.22.2; That way you know it's installed correctly and there aren't any modmods interfering with it. ;)

Events are alive and well, unless you installed something incorrectly.

Same thing goes for intro music.

Best bet is to reinstall RifE 1.20, and then patch to 1.22.2; That way you know it's installed correctly and there aren't any modmods interfering with it. ;)

Hmmm that is strange as the intro music has never worked for me on any version of RIFE from 1.20. The current install is fresh on top of a fresh install of Civ 4. When I looked in the ingame options via the victory screen it said "events off DEBUG"

I'm playing as Volanna/Svartalfar now and I have not seen that problem whether I build the farm on regular forest or Ancient Forest.

I am, however, getting crashes every 20 turns or so. I get kicked out to the desktop, but am able to reload my last save (I save after every turn now) and play on in every case.

With the patch, I get CTDs more often, but they do not kill the games as before without the patch - for me anyway.

Go to the .cfg file for Beyond the Sword and set it to autosave every turn. My computer crashes a lot too, and this is what finally made it bearable for me.

Run a 'Play Now!' game whenever you switch between mods; Saved options are saved in the order they appear in, not name, so you end up with options being turned on that should not be on. I forgot about the 'no events' option as it's hidden.

For the music: It should work fine. It's worked on my end since I added it, and I've never had a bug report on it before. It's from the Machinarum tracks.

Run a 'Play Now!' game whenever you switch between mods; Saved options are saved in the order they appear in, not name, so you end up with options being turned on that should not be on. I forgot about the 'no events' option as it's hidden.

For the music: It should work fine. It's worked on my end since I added it, and I've never had a bug report on it before. It's from the Machinarum tracks.

Ok thanks. Looking forward to getting some good RIFE time in :)

Great stuff, followed your instructions and events are now working properly. But after looking in the mechanos sound folder it struck me that you may have missunderstood what I meant by intro music. Not the mainmenu screen music. But the intro that you get when starting a new game. The one that says "the age of ice is over blah blah".

I get the intro pictures but no sound.

Great stuff, followed your instructions and events are now working properly. But after looking in the mechanos sound folder it struck me that you may have missunderstood what I meant by intro music. Not the mainmenu screen music. But the intro that you get when starting a new game. The one that says "the age of ice is over blah blah".

I get the intro pictures but no sound.

Ah, okay. You can download and install the Media Pack from the FfH bug thread; All it contains is videos, no xml/art so it will function correctly in RifE. Just point the installer to the RifE folder. :goodjob:

Thanks again, I actually already have the media pack but it never occured to me it would work with RIFE *facepalm*

Looking forward to the update, keep up the great work!

I extracted the Media pack into RifE once, but I don't think it worked. Didn't hurt anything either though. Maybe Vista put a stop to it and I didn't notice.

Man, I wish I had XP...

Now I'm getting a bunch of CTDs in my new game. :( Not sure if I can even figure out what might be the likely culprit.

I extracted the Media pack into RifE once, but I don't think it worked. Didn't hurt anything either though. Maybe Vista put a stop to it and I didn't notice.

Man, I wish I had XP...

Quick info on this:

You can indeed extract it to the RIFE folder but it will place it in a Fall From Heaven 2 folder within RIFE so you will have to go into that and take out the assets folder and merge that into the Rife assets.

I'm sure there is a simpler way to do that but thats how I did it and it works fine for me now :goodjob:

Repeatable CTD in my current game, first time round it froze up after ending turn.

Attachments

• QuickSave.CivBeyondSwordSave
    335.7 KB · Views: 60
mazatl workers' ability to remove swamp is not working, found no other way to do this...

Not only forest grows in shallows, now there are water-walking bears!
Though my lightbringer still unable to move there...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom