RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

The Grigori Sidequest thing... each turn the unit gets "lost" and wanders. Apparently it doesn't check for permission to move to the tile, because it can go into non-Open borders, it can go to impassable tiles, etc. Not sure if it can go to water tiles (haven't seen that yet) but that wouldn't surprise me, given that it can go to mountains.

Not only forest grows in shallows, now there are water-walking bears!
Though my lightbringer still unable to move there...

Water walking bears are working as designed (though they are gone in the next version).

Also, I've still not seen a pic of a forest growing on coast; The one you had was directed at a blackedout plot.

The Grigori Sidequest thing... each turn the unit gets "lost" and wanders. Apparently it doesn't check for permission to move to the tile, because it can go into non-Open borders, it can go to impassable tiles, etc. Not sure if it can go to water tiles (haven't seen that yet) but that wouldn't surprise me, given that it can go to mountains.

Mountains are not impassable; They are a separate grouping, which is why it can push you into mountains. Neglected to update that.

Also, I've still not seen a pic of a forest growing on coast; The one you had was directed at a blackedout plot.
If you shall pay attention to square i had outlined (the one with arrow is the hinted seaforest) then you shall notice the forest 'remnant' (as the forest squares sprout some extra trees on the adjacent ones) upon it close to shallow tile , although this square itself has no forest. And darn it if it matters whether theres a texture or not - because stats are there.

Also this very game has ctded when shot lightbringer was attacked by the scorpion. Alas, the closest save was a while ago and after rld there were no scorp. But have this save anyway so you can look at seaforest. (Hint: it is just right from seabear)

Attachments

• Lugus Turn_0153.CivBeyondSwordSave
    500.6 KB · Views: 47
Mountains are not impassable; They are a separate grouping, which is why it can push you into mountains. Neglected to update that.
Yeah, I know they aren't literally impassable. I said "impassable" because the in-game text still uses the term "impassable" for them. (Which by the way I hope is being updated, broken record again.) ;)

Try Sidequest on adepts and Great commanders while you can :). Enjoy awesome commanders and free archmages until it has been fixed :p.

(It's supposed to be a bug report, you know, Valkrionn ;)).

Try Sidequest on adepts and Great commanders while you can :). Enjoy awesome commanders and free archmages until it has been fixed :p.

(It's supposed to be a bug report, you know, Valkrionn ;)).

Actually, I was going to ask about that. Sidequests on Adventurers and GCs seems strange, but then again I suppose that's one of the benefits of the Grigori. Multiple sidequests basically turns anybody into an Adventurer, but you have to sideline them for 100 turns.

Also seems strange to be able to sidequest animals and beasts.

Are you saying adepts are changed in the new version? I don't see a problem being able to sidequest adepts. I guess it's strong, but so is being able to sidequest well, anybody. If sidequesting adepts is broken (actually I guess I can see it, now that I'm thinking about it), isn't that also true of priests and heroes, or anybody that can get spells (lots of UUs can get them).

Actually, I was going to ask about that. Sidequests on Adventurers and GCs seems strange, but then again I suppose that's one of the benefits of the Grigori. Multiple sidequests basically turns anybody into an Adventurer, but you have to sideline them for 100 turns.

Also seems strange to be able to sidequest animals and beasts.

I'm thinking of making it Adventurer only.

Perhaps just lower the upper limit on how much experience can be gained? I don't know. I'm testing it now and it is kind of powerful.

Edit, actually what is powerful is the first few levels you can gain for so little input. Perhaps make the ability tied to a minimum level. Like 6?

The game crashed right after I get this error.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0027.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 73
Now I'm getting a bunch of CTDs in my new game. :( Not sure if I can even figure out what might be the likely culprit.

When are you crashing? I had a game where it would crash during the animal civ's turn about half the time, so I entered the worldbuilder and deleted all their units. It worked, but only for the next 20-30 turns.

I have no idea what was causing it, though, since they were all normal units, and I didn't notice anything unusual.

I've been having crashes around turn 200-some. When I first start RifE I get a message saying that there was an error in AUSTRIN_INFO or something along those lines, but when I click OK everything continues as normal. Does the crash have something to do with the Austrin being in the game? If so, a quick trip to worldbuilder to delete the Austrin should do the trick, correct?

D'Tesh are still affected by the -1 population because of disease event...I though this will be fixed in this patch... :(

D'Tesh are still affected by the -1 population because of disease event...I though this will be fixed in this patch... :(

No, but it will be in the next one. We've decided to break the next version up into several smaller patches, so we can get it out faster; Not sure yet when 1.3 will be out, but hopefully within a week or so.

I'm pretty sure the AI is unable to pick up items they did not create. I see treasure chests all over the place on the map of healing potions, alazkhan's mirror, and orthus' axe. Actually last game was pretty funny.. I was using a sidar unseen to wander through an enemies territory and past a treasure chest on the ground. I was so worried that the computer would step on it and take it before I got to see what it was that I was prepared to enter the world editor to check it.

Fortunately not a single computer even moved onto the square.. turns out. it was orthus' axe..

The AI will pick up any item they stand on, if I remember correctly, but they won't move onto a square with an item for the express purpose of picking it up. In other words, if they accidentally move onto a square with an item on it, they'll pick it up, but if they have no reason to move onto the tile, they never will.

Animals that walk directly near your borders stay within if culture expands. After that they wouldnt be pushed out(even with timid animals enabled), but just keep walking in your territory and killing units, after "entering" like this, they can walk everywhere(and kill the unfortunate player).

after my new city was converted by loki to balseraphs, i conquired it after like 50 turns back and than something strange happened: city gained legendary culture, expanded the borders and stayed like that for quite long before just falling down back to 0 culture.

Animals that walk directly near your borders stay within if culture expands. After that they wouldnt be pushed out(even with timid animals enabled), but just keep walking in your territory and killing units, after "entering" like this, they can walk everywhere(and kill the unfortunate player).

That's one of two ways they are allowed to enter borders, regardless of whether that option is on or off. The other is if they cross over directly from someone else's borders; IE, if they enter Doviello territory (at peace, can enter as they choose) and then cross over to you.

The option just prevents them from entering freely with the bExploreRivalTerritory tag. Which animals gain as they grow.

Top Bottom