1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. lordrune

lordrune Prince

An older version used to do this very frequently, but I've found the most recent version to be almost perfectly stable.
    You may need to reinstall RiFe.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Make sure you have the patch installed; That was one of two possible symptoms of a bug in the main download. The other being that all terrain would slowly become ice.

3. MacGyverInSpace

MacGyverInSpace Monarch

Will retry patch...
    I think I had a brain fart and never downloaded the patch.

Installed patch and it works.

4. Moos

Moos Chieftain

I have to disagree on the stability issue. I'm having CTD's now and then even under the latest released patch. Usually non-reapeatable however.
    But here is a repeatable one. And the logs don't tell me anything. So I'm having a bit of a trouble searching for a possibly cause.
    Perhaps someone else has better luck?
    Or knows where to look besides in "beyond the sword/logs" directory?
    Or knows how I can best much about in the save file?

Thanks you!

Attached Files:

5. Iskar Jarak

Iskar Jarak Chieftain

getting a bug with Foxford, playing Austrin, can only only take do the come back later option.

6. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

You can't take the neutral/good option for that event if you have the adventurer promotion already, I believe the austrin recon units all start with adventurer (or at least some of them do). You could actually pick an option if you became evil or went to foxford with a non-adventurer promotion unit

7. tatva

tatva Chieftain

Hello I have last patch installed. Im playing a Malakim game in Erebus continents.
    When I am in city screen, in my capital golden leane, if I hit the numeric key down arrow to go to Timberlane, the game crashes and goes out, and the "send us the error" message from windows xp appears. This has never happened to me with the original or any mod of the game.
    This happened twice, once some turns before and now again. Im sure if I try again it happens again, but reloading the game is a loooong process.

I will atach the last save game.

View attachment 250857

(BTW, Im finding this mod excelent, if not the better, but its too early to say it)

8. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

I've just tried that out and it happened to me as well :)
    I think that's a hotkey issue.. I think I remember there being something in FF about a key that they had to change from something, to taking you to the capital city because it kept CTDing with its original function. Just tried it out and it seems to be that all the numerical directional buttons are causing a CTD.
    Not sure what numerical directional keys are meant to do.. are they meant to cycle between cities then? If so then I'd advise using the left and right (non numerical) keys to do that, they definitely work.

9. Wodan

Wodan Deity

All of the hotkeys need to be catalogued and reassigned. Or else disabled entirely and removed across the board. The current situation, which is apparently that they've been ignored, with inadvertent duplication and misassignment, is kind of bad.

10. Vavdichal

Vavdichal Chieftain

Hello,

Basium/Mercurian is nameless in the goldtrade and goldperturntrade notifications.

11. joemag

joemag Chieftain

When starting a new game as Ophelia/Sheaim, I had no starting settler. I had mana guardians on, so that may have had an impact.

Restarted, tried to summon and switch to Hyborem, but it would not move me away from my old map and view of the world. I couldn't access my Infernal units or their locations, and I still had my old diplomacy from the Sheaim (read: I was at war with everyone to make Manes).

Also, I can't seem to build Mage Guilds when I first discover CotE, but they pop up after a few turns.

Feedback (sorry I am putting it here): the religion-based interfaces are a great idea but are just too overpowering at the moment. The colors (especially for Order) are too much in general, and I don't find changing the color to be as creative as the concept could be.

12. Viconia

Viconia Chieftain

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the cast of sanctuary immedieatly destroyed my economy playing as elohim. I was running Arisotocracy, Religion, Agrarianism, Apprenticeship, and overcouncil, while in a war with both Sheaim and Illians, and had just killed Auric. Taranis had, in addition recently been summoned. Any ideas?
    PS (by destroyed I mean running a 15 gold surplus at 80% science, to a -2 deficit at 30%)

13. Wodan

Wodan Deity

A pirate ship blockading me as Kuriotates was taking 175:gold: per turn (about 25% of my treasury). Seems a bit excessive.

edit update: within 2 turns, even at 0% research, my units were on strike. Clearly, if I didn't already have Triremes or something else capable of taking out the pirate, then at 0% research I wasn't going to get them. This seems like a no-win scenario. Game over, all because of one pirate.

I'm guessing the blockage gold algorithm computes a % of the blockaded city's income. It was probably designed for normal BtS and didn't have Kuriotates in mind. There probably needs to be a cap or something added.

14. joemag

joemag Chieftain

Just tried reloading my Ophelia/Infernal save before the switch, and the same thing happened. I skipped the turn and the switch happened, but I kept the same diplomacy as before and I had no settlers. Furthermore, I got a notice that my champion had defeated some opponent in combat.

15. Valkrionn

You have to save/reload. Known issue. ;)

As for Religion Based Interfaces... Yeah, that was added by FF. I don't personally use it, nor do I tend to remember it exists. :lol:

16. mickyd47

mickyd47 Resident Lurker

Maybe it cuts all your trade routes off too that's the only thing I can think of.

17. jeffreyac

jeffreyac Mostly Harmless

I think this one shows a repeatable crash - I get the CTD with the standard error message (saying the program stopped working) at the end of a turn or two...

No real idea why. :confused:

Attached Files:

18. banath

banath Chieftain

while playing as the frozen, the white hand religion didnt stick to my cities, not on the outside or in my city screen. I can spread and keep spreading the white hand, but the next turn it dissapears. This didnt include my holy city, there it sticks.

19. Valkrionn

Known bug, caused by some left over code that was ported from the Infernals.

It's already fixed in the team version. ;)

20. pupu

pupu Chieftain

playing with actual version. patch included. singleplayer. no other mods(or modmodmods).
    game is hanging in "waiting for other players" forever. reproducable. i also tried to load an autosave made 2 turns before. no change. exactly 2 turns later, the game is hanging in "waiting for other players" again.
    this is no freeze or crash, the game just wont continue to move the ki or barbarians (i can move around the map, go into my cities and so on...)
    i have attached the savegame.

Attached Files: