1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I figured, just wanted to be sure you didn't try to use that code. Would fail horribly in the released version. :lol:

Yeah... Here's my schedule. :lol:

1. Finishing (and Starting) my research for the English paper tomorrow. Lit Analysis of Peter Pan... Haven't even come up with a thesis, but I've learned the field is pretty much just masterful bull****ting. Which I have down. :lol: 107% on the last paper, which was began 11pm the day before it was due. Finished at 7am that morning. With 7 words over the minimum word count. :p
    2. Start and Finish the project for Into Programming by Sunday. Not even real programming, just a sheet of pseudo-code. Not a big problem.
    3. Finish English paper by Monday.
    4. Finish Religion paper (planned out, not written, but no research for this one and I know the subject quite well) on Gaia Theory by Wednesday. Study for final, also on Wednesday.
    5. Write ~500 word English final on Wednesday.
    6. Anthropology final on Thursday.
    So, assuming all goes well I will have time again next week, but am rather booked atm. :lol:

And yes, the goal of all this is to start a career as a designer. Comp Sci degree, with a good basis in writing/religion/history/psychology. And of course other sciences, as I love science. :mischief:

2. joemag

joemag Chieftain

ie. you want to do everything. best of luck to you and your time management:goodjob:

On topic, is the Baron's attack supposed to increase by one every time he makes a new werewolf? Also, the Baron is currently making Blooded Werewolves, not Ravenous ones, upon kills. Also, it seemed the terrain around the city that built the Baron became tundra and wintery. Comments?

Also, kelp seems to spawn way too much. All of the water within my territory becomes kelp early, and it makes water travel a pain.

3. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Couple of semi-minor things.

Severed Soul probably shouldn't be able to pick up the Dragon's Hoard.

And I figured out why my Bedouin were auto-building a Sit. Turns out that the hotkey for "Build Sit" is the letter 'c', which is also the hotkey for "Center screen on this unit".

4. lordrune

lordrune Prince

Wow that explains why it was happening to me :) Was very annoying to see them popping up in places where I wanted something else instead :)

5. Xiri

Xiri Chieftain

I have a big issue - While playing on hotseat, all the AI's cultural lands are turning slowly to tundra and snow lands. I'm playing with the latest RiFE version with two modmods, the fey and malthusians race addons.

All the settings are as they were before, this is the first time it's happening to me. Any ideas?

-Xiri

6. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Join / Leave army removes the Hidden promotion.

7. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Had a spider with Invisibility on the same tile with an enemy scout. Attacked a unit in an adjacent tile, got a CTD. Perhaps because it tried to create a new spider on the tile with the scout?

8. Korias

Korias King

Have those AIs adopted the White Hand?

9. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Part of the problems is that climate seems to stick, so things like The Bear Constalation become permanent, rather then temporary.

10. Valkrionn

Hmm. Are you sure you are fully patched? I know there had been a bug that did that, but it was fixed a long time ago. Though hotseat may have something to do with it...

Probably supposed to, unless the general is hidden as well. Not sure.

That would be exactly why, yes.

Climate has been upgraded for the next version. ;)

11. Wodan

Wodan Deity

My general was hidden, yes. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought it was an issue.

And, leaving an army should keep the unit hidden regardless of the general's status.

Good guess. ;) You've added it to the list, I imagine.

12. stupidnewbie

stupidnewbie Warlord

The Illian druid UU's Freeze Forest ability doesn't currently interact well with glacial terrain. Should it be updated to pop forests in glaciers, or would that just be ridiculous?

Also, within the reqfreezeforest and towards the end of spellfreezeforest, it checks to see if pPlot does not have the snow feature. Since snow is a terrain and not a feature, it always passes this check, and sets the terrain to snow.

13. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

How the **** am I supposed to start when I get this ?!?

I don't see other way then WB ...

Spoiler :

#removed

(( note: that tooltip belongs to that unit to NW of my settler ))

edit: I wb'd some barbarians on start out. Few turns after (Turn 6) i got repeatable CtD ... i guess RifE don't like me ... ):

edit2: attachment removed ...

edit3: hmm ... that way whole this post loses it's point ... oh great

14. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

You got unlucky, i guess :)
    I think that's how sometimes you get a civ with a score of 4 for the whole game because their settler gets spawned on a barbarian, or gets eaten before they can found a city.

That's also the tester's version, and I think a couple of people (including me) have been having problems with CTDs on turn 6 or 11. Might be worth cutting out the pic to avoid spoilers to everyone though... ;)

15. Lprsti99

Lprsti99 Chieftain

Posting this here, in addition to the Nature In Revolt Issue thread.

If you build Nature's Revolt, putting you at peace with Cernunnos, and then allow another civ to become your vassal state, you immediately declare war on Cernunnos again, I assume because everyone is usually at war with Cern, and an "adopting" civ immediately joins any wars its vassal is in.

16. hix

hix Warlord

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug, but definitely a PITA. Erebus continent spawns a griffon in the first few turns, who proceeds to tour the world, wiping out civ after civ. By the time he got to me about turn 35, he was already at blitz...after me, I imagine he ate the rest of the world....nice first rife experience.

17. Valkrionn

Not an issue with Erebus Continent. The griffon spawning that early is a bug; Actually caused by the Griffon Weyr spawning, which then spawns griffons. Fixed for the next version.

18. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

Try going for the No Lairs option at the moment, will make life a little easier for the AI and prevent deathgriffon from spawning. Also might give you a little more room to explore the new features of RifE since you're pretty new to the mod :)

Lairs will be fixed/improved next version so it's only a temporary thing until that comes out.

19. Kerth Gerson

Kerth Gerson Chieftain

Hi, all. I notice the lizard folk (race name eludes me atm) aren't upgrading their units. This is about turn 260 and they have a guard in a fort and a worker with the blue sparkly glow for the past several turns. Don't know if this is a bug, or if they'll get around to promoting....

20. MacGyverInSpace

MacGyverInSpace Monarch

I seem to have a crash after the end of first turn every time I hit enter, this isn't so much a bug report as a help request. It occurs on a variety of settings.