RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

even if it was fixed, it would not help your game. 1.3 will completely destroy savegames, no way around it.
No worries. I look forward to starting a new game once 1.3 is released. So far, I am quite impressed with the work the RifE team has done on, dare I say, improving FfH 2. :)

If it's causing issues while initiating graphics, it is a GFC error. Make sure the mod's folder is named Rise from Erebus, any other name will cause that issue.

My file & path is C:\Program Files\2k Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise from Erebus.

when I reinstalled I installed to this point in the game, and I placed the patch here also as it would overwrite the duplicate files. is there a problem here?

Valk, I think you mentioned to someone the other day that there are events in RiFE for the Elohim when they find Unique Improvements. I have Manaflares and Stuff installed, but in the original thread, it says one of the components is said events, so I'm not entirely sure where the problem lies. I'm getting German language options for some of the events (Pyre of the Seraphic for one), but English event descriptions. For Bradeline's Well, I actually got one English option (the one that turns it into a spirit mana node) and one German option.

I'm getting a CTD from bloom :confused:

It lets you cast it but then on the second turn (when the new forest is supposed to appear) it CTDs.

I'm having an interesting problem. I'm playing the Legion of D'Tesh, and I notice that the custom unit graphics appear only erratically. For example, I select my scout and he looks like a zombie, but my starting slaves and settler all look like standard workers and settlers. Then when I select a slave, his unit graphic becomes the dirtier slave graphic, but the scout reverts to a standard scout.

I've never seen this problem before, and I'm baffled. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks!

I'm having an interesting problem. I'm playing the Legion of D'Tesh, and I notice that the custom unit graphics appear only erratically. For example, I select my scout and he looks like a zombie, but my starting slaves and settler all look like standard workers and settlers. Then when I select a slave, his unit graphic becomes the dirtier slave graphic, but the scout reverts to a standard scout.

I've never seen this problem before, and I'm baffled. Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Go into options and turn off "Frozen Animations". That option plays hell with some of the older artwork.

You have been defeated!!!

Has anybody been defeated in 1.23a ?

I've searched the bug thread using 'defeated'

I've found that defeating myself, using Bhall Troll moving through a City to attack a unit bug, is causing a never-ending WoC. Is this an isolated occurence or a more general effect on defeat ?

Caution, if you try to test it's normally overriding Task Manager & you may need to switch computer off to regain control.

Just wondering if you and the testers have squashed any bugs in events? It seems like a lot of my unrepeatable crashes occur at the same time (adter reloading) that another event triggers.

Yay, my first post! Been a long time follower, but, never signed up to the forums.

The bug is as follows,

As the Scions, I casted World Spell: Breach. I am now unable to create Awakened units in my capital.

Yay, my first post! Been a long time follower, but, never signed up to the forums.

The bug is as follows,

As the Scions, I casted World Spell: Breach. I am now unable to create Awakened units in my capital.

Can no longer spawn, or no longer build? If the first, not a bug. Once over a certain pop limit (varies by map, based on amount of land), they stop spawning. If the second, still not a bug; Awakened are national units, can only have so many at once. Settle all the awakened from the spell, and you should be able to build more.

Valk, have you given any consideration to the idea posted a while ago (possibly another thread) to changing the sharp Awakened cutoff to an exponential decay (to keep the mechanic around if in increasingly negligable fashion thus retaining value for the buildings that influence it)? Basically the idea was at something like half of the cap, the rate would be reduced by half, at the cap by to a quarter, at half again the cap to an eighth, etc.

Also do built Awakened count against that cap?

Not sure about it, honestly. Keep in mind, it was put in for a reason; You may not like that reason, but I see it as a completely valid one. Awakened stop spawning in order to force you to go for Reborn. The AI may have issues with that right now, but we're working on that. For example, one change in 1.4 SHOULD allow us to teach the AI how to use units that can increase city population.

No awakened counts against the cap, IIRC. It's just actual population.

That just means you need to balance it properly: If the current population limit is 50 start reducing the spawn rate at 35 and stop spawning at 65, this way the transition from Awakened to Reborn will be smoothed without increasing the number of Awakened available to the player or reducing the need for reborn.

Would be more on terms with the lore as well, it doesn't really make sense for the Awakened to suddenly boycott their empire in the living world.

Top Bottom