[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

I fired up my first game and I must say I had forgotten how awful the unmodded UI is, makes the game almost unplayable for me. The good thing is a modded UI will arrive and fix this. Anyway, this game was only on emperor, I was playing Korea, going fast for science and, while I was preparing for iron, with a good army of a few warriors, some archers and a couple of chariots, I decided to teach Wilhelmina a lession. You won't believe what happened next. I get swarmed with Swordsmen, Chariots, Archers and even a few Catapults for good measure. She didn't have a single warrior or slinger. This has never happened to me before. Yeah, I was playing sloppy, I didn't check her Military Score (I'm too used to CQUI and without it informations is so many clicks away it really gets tiresome), but my game was going well and I was certain, based on previous games, I had the upper hand. Guess not. Actually I had to plead for peace, which I got for free. Guess now I'll just have to wait for a proper UI and maybe this game will be fine one day! :)

Oh no, one click + hovering your mouse over for half a second for a tooltip.

Having fun playing with france. But has anyone gotten their spies' success rate to 100%? I have a master spy with the promotion for stealing great works & the t2 spy gov building. Highest I got is 90% success rate. Is 90% the max or I will be able to get to 100% with 2 quarter masters at home?

I just wish they also included a way to steal art work from palaces/wonders and a way to free captured spies. Also, they should make it so you can neutralize the diplomat governor, only mission available on CS is the fabricate scandal.

Has anyone had issues with making alliances?

Are you using the alliances button on the bottom of the main diplomatic screen? I made the mistake of trying the alliance trade under the deal proposal, they forgot to remove that and you can never make an alliance that way, you have to use the afore mentioned alliance button.

And for the above post 90% is the highest you can get, I like to choose ace driver just in case.

Are you using the alliances button on the bottom of the main diplomatic screen? I made the mistake of trying the alliance trade under the deal proposal, they forgot to remove that and you can never make an alliance that way, you have to use the afore mentioned alliance button.

And for the above post 90% is the highest you can get, I like to choose ace driver just in case.

Have you tried the alliance trade thing in a different game? In my last game I didn't know there was an alliance button on the main screen for most of the game. I initiated and then twice renewed my alliance with Tamar (75 turns total) using the trade screen and offering an alliance each time it expired.

Interesting. Only Macedon likes me, but I am not super liked by him, so that may be why. Everyone else hates my warmongering.

Do alliances such as economic alliance no longer share maps? I can't see some of the land near Macedon.

Interesting. Only Macedon likes me, but I am not super liked by him, so that may be why. Everyone else hates my warmongering.

Do alliances such as economic alliance no longer share maps? I can't see some of the land near Macedon.

Poundmaker's ability gives shared vision to alliances, which implies that they don't normally have that anymore. An economic alliance does give suzerainty bonuses at the highest level though, I believe the last game my level 3 economic alliance gave me vision with all the CSs of my ally.

The diplomatic modifier thing might be what was up with your alliance trading. Mine was ridiculously high, it was something like +25-30 or something with Tamar (all cities had walls, she was Cultured and I had high Culture, same government, etc.)

Shared visibility is if you have a level 2 or 3 military alliance, an emerency or if you play Poundmaker.

are era points much harder to earn in the atomic and information eras, or am i missing something?

I guess the promotions that are specific are somewhat not useful in the long run?

Oh they are useful. I chose to siphon funds easier and my level 3 spy can get 90% even without establishing sources first. If you plan on doing a lot of something, it's worth it. Ace driver is probably the best to take first, however. Poor Australia is suffering from my greedy spies, he he. I've hit him 5 times in a row.

Anyone else see an AI civ have a total loyalty collapse and lose all their cities? Just happened to Japan, I hit a golden age, he hit a dark age, and 4 of his 5 cities ended up flipping over to me in succession. Wonder what the hell happened to his governors. Did not expect to just be gifted 4 free cities on Immortal but maybe the AI does not get difficulty bonuses to loyalty.

Having fun playing with france. But has anyone gotten their spies' success rate to 100%? I have a master spy with the promotion for stealing great works & the t2 spy gov building. Highest I got is 90% success rate. Is 90% the max or I will be able to get to 100% with 2 quarter masters at home?
Spies do not work like that.
2 quartmasters do stack and will be helpful

90% is the max but remember just because its 90% does not mean you will get 90%.
That value does not include the enemy defensive spy, cold war/police state or anything else for that matter. They will drop your level values
Also the 90% is inaccurate. Within 90% success there is a %chance you will be detected and if you get detected you have to successfully espace which is not so easy. You can end up getting that great work (and you do get it regardless) but your spy can be captured/killed fairly easily.
Enemy spies level up fast, they are used by most civs looking at the files (you can even work out where they are going if you wanted to cheat)

The Cree seems the problem with France, never spy on them.

Look at the Spy info thread in my signature for stats

See the housing guide pinned in the strategy and tips forum for all the details on placing an aquaduct. Simply being next to a mountain or river is not complete. And it's been that way since the base game was released.

So, what about this one? Still not a bug?

Why do you even bother?

Anyway, defend the UI all you want, it's not going to get any better. And it is poor, no denying.

Because that 'statement' that makes up the second sentence of your post is extremely subjective and I vehemently disagree with it.

I actually tried CQUI, you know, but all it did was give me a headache and annoy the hell out of me with that stupid builder lens obscuring what the tiles look like with all kinds of badly chosen bright colours.

Still not a bug. Again, that tile only borders the river where your city is, not anywhere else. Just think of it like this. Imagine where the aquaduct can come from, and where it has to go (the city). If it's both the same spot, it's not possible.

In the base game Teddy (environmental) and Gandhi (nukes) have preferred 2nd agendas that they will always get. These are the first that I have seen that only cause it to be a percentage more likely.

@thecrazyscot has a mod that removes the preferred 2nd agendas for Ted and Gandhi in vanilla, maybe he will be making one for RF?

It's been changed - Gandhi now has a 70% chance for Nuke Happy, 20% for Populous. Teddy has a 33% chance for Environmentalist.
[Source - Base Game Agenda XML File]

Still not a bug. Again, that tile only borders the river where your city is, not anywhere else. Just think of it like this. Imagine where the aquaduct can come from, and where it has to go (the city). If it's both the same spot, it's not possible.

When do we start our aqueduct architects' business together Leyrann? :goodjob:

It seems mostly OK... but not 100%, that unhighlighted grassland has a river side not feeding the capital and so I would have imagined should be included (a curved aqueduct, it is no different to the bottom highlighted one), the lower one not.
upload_2018-2-10_11-45-19.png

When do we start our aqueduct architects' business together Leyrann?
Somewhere far away? Neverland? :mischief:

Last edited:
Top Bottom