1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Trengilly

Trengilly Warlord

I've had AI Korea in two games now. Both times she got a good start in science but then slowed down as she proceeded to surround her Seowons with other districts.

The AI doesn't appear to understand how they work and wasn't any threat.

2. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

I noticed that with AI Seondeok too. That's why the passive "if happy, extra Great Scientist points" bonus of Scotland makes for a stronger AI. The AI in general does better with passive bonuses (like Mvemba a Nzinga/Afonso of Kongo whose huge growth bonuses make him a science threat).

ZubieMaster likes this.
  3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Yeah I forgot about Pingala's last promotion, and I didn't have him promoted up. I was using Magnus who gets a decent production boost with the adjacent industrial zone bonus. Builder charges may stack with Pingala, I'll have to keep that in mind in the future. Builders probably is the way to go with royal society. Especially since my spaceship parts come in spurts as I'm waiting on further research to get the other 2 parts. I usually go for Robotics first, but then I usually have a bunch of techs to catch up with for the other 2 (since I don't research the bottom half of the tree after steel). So my builder charges helped speed the other 2 parts along that Korolev or Sagan wouldn't have been able to help (I didn't have the Mausoleum this game for Korolev to get 2 charges).

Turns out Sergei Korolev came up after I recruited a great engineer, and I bought him for 14,000 gold, he seems way cheaper than Sagan, granted he gives less production, but still enough to finish the last spaceship part in 1 turn. And does the production even matter? I heard they don't overflow anymore, does anyone know for sure?

4. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

Now I know some non dedication era points:

1. Converting enemy cities to your religion during war
    2. overthrowing suzerainity of your enemies on a city states
    3. Converting holy cities to your religion
    4. First units using strategic resource
    5. First caravel
    6. Absorb free cities
    7. Overthrow governors
    8. Great people patronage using faiths/money
    9. Great people patronage using great people points
    10. First religion
    11. First techs and civics for each era.
    12. First circumnavigation (without actually navigating, by opening maps due to alliances is acceptable)
    13. Complete all four of your religion beliefs
    14. Starting inquisition.
    15. World Wonders (boy, AIs are making them more and more, Robert the Bruce for particular)
    16. Fully promote a governor

I put the list on this article https://steemit.com/civilization/@zenstrive/how-to-earn-era-points-for-civilization-vi-rise-and-fall

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  5. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

There's a complete list ingame in the civilopedia.

6. NuclearWeapons

NuclearWeapons Chieftain

Quick question for anyone who's played more Georgia than me. Do you have to be in a protectorate war before the extra envoy ability works? This morning I added an envoy to a CS which had my majority religion and it only added one.

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

No, you don't. Are you certain you actually had your majority religion in your own city? And did you close the envoy screen and open it again? Otherwise it doesn't refresh. If the answer to both is yes, this is a bug.

Regarding the spaceship projects, I'll admit I used the Royal Society in my recent SV, but it's not like I needed it. I don't know where all the problems come from, but starting a bunch of trade routes in a city with a lot of mines and Ruhr Valley (domestic if no Ecommmerce, foreign if Ecommerce) is on standard speed enough to be able to build the Mars parts in some five turns each without boosts, and then I wasn't even trying to stack production (I actually built a part in 15 turns in a secondary city with less trade routes and of course no Ruhr Valley). I did really stack production in an earlier game, shortly before R&F, and I actually needed like three or four turns per project. And that's without Great People.

8. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

no one reads civiliopedia :p

Katakanja likes this.
  9. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I am living counterproof.

10. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Very true, it's why no one knows about the list. I myself had to be told before I went to look for it :lol:

11. leandrombraz

leandrombraz King

I didn't test it yet (I'm getting there) but War department should work for religious too:

Abilities that doesn't specify a type of unit works for religious too. When they say "all units" they really mean it.

12. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

Having problems with Yet not another map pack mod not starting and bumping me back to the main menu. I thought there was a fix for this but can’t seem to find it

13. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

14. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

How do you change the AI bonuses for higher difficulties again? Emperor and above is just URGH with the extra settler. That and the city state rampage and they already have three cities before I even get my second. D: No fun. Especially when it happens all around me, cutting me short of land.

PS: Is the city state rampage actually a symptom of the extra settler as I assume or are they just more aggressive towards them on higher difficulties?

15. Athmos

Athmos Warlord

they were already more aggressive toward CS at higher difficulties, but they become even more so since R&F release.

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Aspyr has begun qa work on something for Mac. Presumably this is the patch to go with R&F when it comes out next month. It doesn't have R&F on the build yet.

Siptah, Thormodr and Ondolindë like this.
  17. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

In general, they are more aggressive towards CS in R&F.
    Quo's mod and (IIRC) AI+ try to counter that by giving CS city walls
    and units. (Check, though, because I don't use them.)
    There was a mod for Civ6 that tweaked emperor level to not
    give the AIs a 2nd settler. Not sure if it works yet with R&F.
    Good luck!

18. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Second that. Long live the people who read the civilopedia! :D

19. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

AI+ doesn't give them walls.

I think you may be thinking of the mod Deity++ for starting unit tweaks? I would assume it still works with R&F, but I haven't played with it since.

Ferocitus likes this.
  20. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Quite right. AI+ lets them make more units.

Nor me. I don't want them to get bonuses like that. :)