Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Isak said:
And I emailed the big TF yesterday, and I hope that he replies soon. Though at the moment the server does seem to cope with the pressure. I confess I don't even know what kind of connection the honorable mr. Bernskov has hooked the server to. :)
I didn't receive the email but I am downloading the mod now and will upload it to 3D Downloads ASAP. :) It's going to take me an hour to download at 33 KB/sec. :(

PS: Don't worry about 3D Downloads... I put Warhammer 2.0 there (after putting it on the CFC file server for a week or two) and people can download it just fine. You also get a download counter with it.

i am so excited about this. :)

a few weeks ago was the first time i had read the double your pleasure website and i read the note saying that the mod was being reworked for conquests. i have not ever played double your pleasure but it looked amazing and i was disappointed i couldn't play it right then! i have been wondering off and on since then when the new version would come out, but i honestly had no idea when it would be. this is an unexpected surprise!!!! i am so excited about playing the mod! :)

thank you!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Um, was wondering about 140x140 or 180x180 World map of the game?? Can I easly take KAL-EL's 140x140 World map and add starting locations and it will work good?

Help!?

KOC

Update!!! If you use a graphic terrain mod pack it will only work if you copy it over the Art folder in the main conquest directory. If you try to add it to Rise&Rule it will cause an error. Not sure why, but thats the only way I could get it to work.

KOC

Um, was wondering about 140x140 or 180x180 World map of the game?? Can I easly take KAL-EL's 140x140 World map and add starting locations and it will work good?

No, won't work. You'd have to add the resources. However, the 180x180 map is already done and is tested atm, will be available soon.

i've been playing this mod for hours! it's my first time playing it, i never played DyP even though i knew what it was, i was waiting for this mod instead of installing it. i don't know what it is really that i like so much about the game i just played. it's not just the new stuff, and it's not just because there's so much stuff, it's more like you feel a bit of freedom playing. it feels like you can actually take some time to develope a strategy, to specialize a little bit, to really build a unique civilization that has some merits and is better at one thing or another. i really like it. most civ games i honestly get a little bit irritated because i want to build a wonder or something and the next thing i know i've built up this pile of shields only to have the AI's finish the wonder first and i lose it all, a big waste. or you rush right out to get swordsman so you can get the jump on the AI and stomp on a few cities, or what have you. but with this mod it feels like there is a lot more depth and is more subtle, i was actually able to take time to build up the manufacturing capability of one of my cities without feeling rushed. and there is more time and choices available to create a military for the needs of your particular civilization without just piling spearmen up in your most exposed border town. it just seems like a slower paced game, more strategy and i really like it. i'll be playing a lot of this mod. i know i'm not the first person to enjoy it, just another one! :)

Downloading it now. I've played DYP occasionally over the year(s). I'm really looking forward to this. Although, it's saying that it'll take 2 hours to d/l!!!!! :cry:

Ha, ha, ha I've had it for hours! My computer's fast!

About 7 minutes! :p

I will be downloading this at a later date because I know if I dl it now I will play it instead of work on my mod. I wouldn't be able to resist. Now I have another reason to hurry up and finish my mod. ;)

Top Bottom