Rise And Rule Revisited (epic mod)

Biq RARR1.5 removed after 292 downloads.
The current Version of the biq is RARR1.6.

Changes in RARR-biq 1.6:

1. Upgrade path for Russian HMG fixed.
2. Russian Trencher: Hitpoints and Rate of Fire fixed
3. Italian Hussar: Movement Rate fixed
4. Upgrade path for Strategic Bombers fixed.

Fixes in the RARR-Patch, uploaded 03.01.2016:

The patch needs the RARR-mainfile, uploaded 25.10.2015, that holds all fixes from former RARR-Patches and replaces some entries in the pediaicons and civilopedia file of the RARR text-folder.
Simply zip and overwrite the pediaicons and the civilopedia text files in the text folder of RARR with the new files.

A big thank you very much to Madviking, Node60, Samez, keli, Fortis1, Uaargh!?, jlvfr, Kestrel18, Lord Plebian, TechieTubbies, Mr. Constantin, ynot56, rudy2, Tigris of Gaul, Hirmuolio and Izengrimm for reporting the errors! :)

The link to the new biq and the new mainfile can be found in post 1 of this thread.

With the default maps graphics it is VERY difficult to tell the difference between the (jeez, what do you call it), not coastal waters, but the next rung and the full open sea. Normally that is not an issue. BUT for Polynesian, it is a very big deal. The outrigger can safely traverse that middle rung, but can be lost in the open ocean. Without additional suggestions, I guess I will have to explore different map options.

For all civers who have problems with the contrast of the Vuldacon terrain between the sea- and the ocean-tiles, there is a nice fix done by CrackedCrystal many years ago (at that time for the Snoopy terrain, what is a part of the combination terrain done by Vuldacon). Simply replace the wCSO.pcx graphics by the graphics file done by CrackedCrystal in the terrain folder of CCM or RARR (after making a backup of that file). As this post concerns both epic mods CCM and RARR I post it in both threads.

The wCSO.pcx graphics of CrackedCrystal can be found here.

There are two problems with generic "Destroyer WWI".

1. The lack of an upgrade to the next model of the destroyer - no trigger "Upgrade Unit":

2. Mismatch data of Civilopedia with data of game - the unit in Civilopedia has bombardiment, it really is not.

New bug:

In ini-file it is necessary to clean excess underlinings in names of flc-files:

[Animations]
BLANK=
DEFAULT=AiracobraDefault.flc
WALK=
RUN=AiracobraRun.flc
ATTACK1=AiracobraAttack.flc
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEFEND=
DEATH=AiracobraDeath.flc
DEAD=
FORTIFY=
FORTIFYHOLD=
FIDGET=AiracobraDefault.flc

Still a question about destroyers.

I correctly understand that now the line of their upgrade isn't linear and looks so (for Mongols):

1. Destroyer WWI (16.14.8, Unionization) -> Asian Destroyer (Destroyer) (20.16.8, Sonar) -> Missile Destroyer (26.18.8, Advanced Computers)

and

2. Skory Class (Modern Destroyer) (23.17.8, Vertical Flight) -> Missile Destroyer (26.18.8, Advanced Computers)

?

- Camels are not required for (Eastern) Camel Archers/Riders. Camels are in the strategic recourse part...
- Elephants are not required for the 3 Elephant units. Also, the link to the resource in their Civilopedia entry doesn't work.
- Statue of Liberty link in the 'Government Specific Improvements' part of the civilopedia doesn't work.
- Blood temple link in the 'Government Specific Improvements' part of the civilopedia doesn't work.

Still a question about destroyers.

I correctly understand that now the line of their upgrade isn't linear and looks so (for Mongols):

1. Destroyer WWI (16.14.8, Unionization) -> Asian Destroyer (Destroyer) (20.16.8, Sonar) -> Missile Destroyer (26.18.8, Advanced Computers)

and

2. Skory Class (Modern Destroyer) (23.17.8, Vertical Flight) -> Missile Destroyer (26.18.8, Advanced Computers)

?

Hi Node60, here you reported two errors in the settings of the destroyers.:)
The upgrade chain should be: Destroyers WW I (coming with tech Unionization) => Destroyers WW II (coming with tech Sonar) => Destroyers Cold War (coming with tech Vertical Flight) => Missile Destroyers (coming with tech Advanced Computers).

As you showed in your screenshot the first error is, that in the Destroyer WW I, the upgrade box was forgotten to be enabled.

The second error is, that the upgrade path for the destroyer of the Z Class (the last of the WW II destroyers) must be changed to an upgrade to the Skory Class. The line of the conventional cold war destroyers was set later, as Delta_Strife did some absolutely beautiful cold war destroyers (Daring, Hamburg, etc.) and these ships should be in RARR, too (not only in CCM), but here I forgot to change the upgrade path of the destroyer of the Z Class.

These errors now are fixed for the next version of the RARR biq and all seems to work properly. Thank you very much for reporting these errors. :)

- Camels are not required for (Eastern) Camel Archers/Riders. Camels are in the strategic recourse part...
- Elephants are not required for the 3 Elephant units. Also, the link to the resource in their Civilopedia entry doesn't work.
- Statue of Liberty link in the 'Government Specific Improvements' part of the civilopedia doesn't work.
- Blood temple link in the 'Government Specific Improvements' part of the civilopedia doesn't work.

Hi Theov, RARR uses an advanced methode of dealing with resources required by units to avoid, that the strategic/luxury resources, that are needed for an unit, appear in the resource window at the bottom of the civilopedia entry. The intention of this methode is to cut down the chances of the player to run into the Hyper-link bug.

The camel- and elephant units need the strategic resources, that are described in the text box of the unit (per example camel units need camels and elephant units need elephants, with the exception of the Indian WarElephant that doesn´t need any resource, as it is India´s unique unit, that can trigger a Golden Age).

I made a tutorial about this methode for better techtrees some years ago and in RARR (and the next version of CCM) this methode is combined with the discovery, that no resource appears in the resource box at the bottom of the civilopedia entry of the unit, if the first slot for resources needed for the unit in the editor is left empty. In RARR and the next version of CCM the needed resources of the unit are linked in the text part of the unit´s civilopedia entry to other unit entries (instead of the building entries I used in my tutorial for techtrees long ago).

I will have a look in the reported buildings when I have the time for it.

2. Mismatch data of Civilopedia with data of game - the unit in Civilopedia has bombardiment, it really is not...

Node60, as your screenshot shows, the WWI destroyer has lethal sea bombardement.
Decisive is the setting in the unit abilities box - and here that setting is enabled. What you marked is the disabled graphical setting of missing shots resulting in water splashes when missing the target (and this is intended).

There are two problems with generic "Destroyer WWI".

2. Mismatch data of Civilopedia with data of game - the unit in Civilopedia has bombardiment, it really is not.
I thought the bombardment FX is only visual/sounds. The actual bombardment tag is in the left bottom "Unit abilities".

Civinator
Theov

Thanks for the amendment and information.

However the problem with bombing all the same is.

I will explain.

In game Destroyer WWI has no bombing buttons. Pressing the key "B" doesn't change a cursor form for the bombing.

I give a screenshot. On it - the beginning of turn, any actions isn't made yet.

For comparison - later Asian Destroyer in the same situation.

The Luxury Resources entry says that only the first 11 luxuries have an effect. The Shopping mall entry states that no extra happines is gained from having more than 8 luxuries. (with or without shopping mall).

I believed it was 8. But you might want to clarify this discrepancy.

Cotton plantation states that you need wine. But you need cotton instead.

Civinator
Theov

Thanks for the amendment and information.

However the problem with bombing all the same is.

I will explain.

In game Destroyer WWI has no bombing buttons. Pressing the key "B" doesn't change a cursor form for the bombing.

I give a screenshot. On it - the beginning of turn, any actions isn't made yet.

For comparison - later Asian Destroyer in the same situation.

Now I got the error. :bounce: In the box for the special actions of the WW I Destroyer the box "Bombard" was not enabled. Node60, thank you very much for reporting that error. :)

The Luxury Resources entry says that only the first 11 luxuries have an effect. The Shopping mall entry states that no extra happines is gained from having more than 8 luxuries. (with or without shopping mall).

Theov, thank you very much for your reports about the buildings. :) I will have a look on them when I have the time for it (what I hope can be next weekend).

hi guys is there a walkthrough as how to download this game sorry a bit of a novice.
im just downloading in now from the first page thanks cal

In the summary page of the "Government Specific Improvements" the links to both buildings were wrong (in the civilopedia page of each of the concerning governments, the links to both buildings were and are correct).

Yes, there is an error in the civilopedia text.

Theov, thank you very much for reporting all these errors :) in the civilopedia text. They will be fixed in the next patch or mainfile.

As both texts in the civilopedia about the same concept are different, you are very correct, that there must be an error in them. :) I don´t use that luxury-option and consider it somewhat next to cheating, as this function makes many important buildings next to superfluous. Therefore I consider, to chance the function of that (and similar) buildings to give only cash.

As I don´t use those "luxury buildings" in gameplay, may be my knowledge about them is not the best.
According to the German Civ 3 Wikipedia, the luxury-option of that building should work as following:

+ 0 Civ3Happy.faces for the first and the second luxury resource in the city.
+ 1 Civ3Happy.faces for the third and the fourth luxury resource in the city.
+ 2 Civ3Happy.faces for the fifth and the sixth luxury resource in the city.
+ 3 Civ3Happy.faces for the seventh and the eighth luxury resource in the city.

The border of "eight" in that listing could result from the fact, that the original Civ 3 only holds eight luxury resources and there cannot be more profit from that building, as there are different luxury resources in the game. The result would be, that there are more additional happy faces from that building, if there are more than eight different luxury resources in the game (as it is in RARR). But this is only my guess about a function I dislike, as it makes gameplay much too easy and a lot of interesting buildings (cathedrals, colosseums and so on) are reduced to a much smaller worth.

Hi guys, first of all I´d like to say thanks to Civinator for his great work on this mod.

I´m new with this mod and I´m having a little issue here, when I try to build my 11th city, the game crashes and all I get is that window message "Civ3complete has stopped working"...

Anyone know what may be causing this??

Thanks and sorry for my terrible english.

Top Bottom