1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. adecoy95

adecoy95 Warlord

the normal internet mode wont let us see each others game for some reason

2. Milaga

Milaga Prince

I just posted the 1.3 version of Less Dangerous Animals. It includes leashing for Hill Giants and Cyklop and is now in an easy to use module.

Post is here.

3. Mylet

Mylet Chieftain

I also had that problem once (in a local network though) and we were able to solve it by using direct ip connection. If that doesn't work it could be a firewall problem?

4. adecoy95

adecoy95 Warlord

yea, thats what we did when using hamachi, cause we couldent see each others games

5. El Yahpo

El Yahpo Chieftain

My enemy civs won't die:(
    I think it's because I destroyed the cities before their forts, but then I finish there forts and they are still there?

Also, I tried to upload my save but the browser won't see it

6. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Apologies if this has been mentioned before:

The free resources you get based on the tile improvement are a little messed up. For example, on tiles with a Mine on them, I am getting Salt, Marble, and Stone.

The others seem OK, it is just the quarried resources.

Also, another unit that probably needs to be scaled down a bit appeared in my game - the Tyrant. Big in size, but a rather weak unit, like the Roc. It is a lot of fun discovering these big guys, but they seem to slow things down a bit during gameplay.

Probably not a bug, but poor AI, Keelyn/Balseraphs built Loki Turn 564 (normal game speed) and IMO in 1.3 Loki is one killer unit to have early on!;)

7. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Not a bug. Quarries can't be built off resources, so they can't discover any. Mines discover quarry resources. Similiarly, Farms discover Plantation resources and Camps discover Pasture resources.

All animal art needs to be looked at. I didn't mess with the art.

8. TiberiousKirk

TiberiousKirk Chieftain

Has this been solved yet? I know when I posted it a week or two ago no one knew what was going on. Just curious.

9. Domino369

Domino369 Warlord

*sigh* Another late game repeatable CtD, sometimes I wish DnD wasn't only one night a week :(
    This one is with the Illians and again I have no idea why it's CtDing.

10. Tschuggi

Tschuggi SNAFU

Moin,

two things:
    1. Bug? Turn 45... 5 Kraken (age 27) watching from the coast my little scout pooping scared to hell in his pants . Now I refuse to research the naval techs... :crazyeye:

2. Strange things happens in 50% of all my games: all is slowed down, turns take very long loading time and things (buildings, actions, movement, etc.) seem to happen delayed. The other 50% of the games are fast. But playing makes no fun when you have to wait 1-3 minutes per turn... but I really don't know why (it's not the hardware!)? Do you guys know the reason?

Greez,

Tschuggi

11. El Yahpo

El Yahpo Chieftain

learned from valk in another thread that invisible chests keep them alive and to delete them in wb, it should still be fixed though, I don't like having to check every little island:scan:

12. BiffQJ

BiffQJ Warlord

So update on my lack of Orthus. I just saw Acheron pop up in my current game (very late in the game, but maybe the Barbarians were just slow). Still no Orthus and I realized I haven't seen Zarcaz either since switching to 1.3. Any chance that these Barbarian heroes aren't spawning for a reason?

13. Retrospect

Retrospect Warlord

Sorry if this is know and for the lack of info on my part! (no screen or save as I am posting using my iPhone)

In my latest game I encountered a barbarian caravel I immediately sent a frigate out to intercept and it was hot by a meteorite for 84% damage! Acheron must be near by I thought. After destroying the caravel a few turns later I receive the message 'Acheron has been killed' turns out he was inside the caravel and subsequently gave me the easiest victory I've had over him.
    Seems to me that large creatures should not be able to board transports!

14. Valkrionn

The only thing that would block them from spawning is if you have the "No Orthus" gameoption on.

If you can get me a save, I'll check it.

15. Niveras

Niveras Prince

The (presumably unitcombat-less) Mount Pegasus promotion allows even capture beasts to mount a pegasus. Make your own jokes.

Myself, I captured the Leviathan. I now have a flying Leviathan. Tremble, mortals, and despair: carp has come to this world.

16. legowarrior

legowarrior Chieftain

The movement rates of the Malakim seem to be uneven. Sometimes warriors can move two spaces in the desert, and sometimes only one space. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Starting in a desert space doesn't change the outcome either it seems.

17. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

In the same game, I later had Wine 'spawn' under a farm tile.

So, what you are saying is that the spawned resources have nothing to do with the improvement on the tile? In 1.23 in always seemed to be dependent on the improvement. Now it is just random?

18. Valkrionn

No, that is not what I am saying. Firstly... Wine is now a Plantation resource, the Winery was cut as it only had a single resource. Not a good thing.

Farms can spawn Farm and Plantation resources. Camps can spawn Camp and Pasture resources. Mines can spawn Mine and Quarry resources.

In each case, one of the three 'main' improvements, buildable anywhere, is paired with one of the 'secondary' improvements, buildable only on specific resources. This allows us to have all resources capable of spawning, even though you cannot build the improvements necessary for some of them without the resource itself.

19. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

HI,

1 bug and 1 "balance/bug"

1) created a grigori game ;
    start with no settler .. how come ? (no save sorry)

2) is it normal that doviello start without a +1:food: on taiga ?
    tundra and iglacier is very limited in small map and taiga was most plentiful.
    very difficult start without any river (well, 1st river was 7-8 tile south in... desert ! ) and the new health...

Attached Files:

20. Valkrionn

1. The mana guardian spawned on it. Rare occurrence, but possible.
    2. Yes, completely normal. They don't receive terrain boosts, they get a unique camp upgrade instead, the Yaranga.