Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Are events disabled or something?

After almost 800 turns I realized I hadn't had a single event pop-up. And I had the double events option turned on.

Trying a second game to see if I have the same problem.

Run a "play now game" before.
You probably have the hidden "No Events" option enabled from playing another mod.
Running a Play Now game resets that option.
Just have to start a game and then immediately exit.

I'll give that a try, but the only other mod I play is Legends of Revolutions and I certainly have events there.

Edit: Just got an event. Going to try again with double events turned on.

The issue is game options are not consistent between games. However, the ini that stores what options are on IS consistent across the entire game... And it just stores them by order. Meaning you may have option X on in one mod, but that causes option Y to be on in another mod. Running a Play Now! game any time you switch mods prevents issues from that.

Yeah, that seems to have been the problem. Does that persist if you load a save?

Also it figures, the first three events are bad. :(

I can confirm the Malakim desert moverate wonkiness. Very irritating.

Also, barbarian forts pop up in the culture of barbarian factions, like the Clan. I had a barbfort pop in the tile next to my capital with no way of getting rid of it :(

Just won a game with the high to low option enabled and I didn't get the trophy.

The Sidar declared war on me, so I killed them. Now I have two of their cities spreading mist, and I have no way of stopping them.

Also, if you try to explore Aifron isle, most of the time it won't do anything. You can click the explore lair icon many more times, and usually you'll end up getting the big bad lair defender event. After a while, you can get a golden age or a free tech, but that's all I've seen so far.

Units seem to be unable to keep their apperance. I started playing as the D'Tesh, none of the units had unique art unless I selected them. Same thing happened with another game, where I played as the Scions. The Centeni kept on changing back to vanilla art for a warrior. I also noticed that a nearby goblin archer looked like a vanilla archer.

Also, it is intentional for there to be only two maps to play in?

Units seem to be unable to keep their apperance. I started playing as the D'Tesh, none of the units had unique art unless I selected them. Same thing happened with another game, where I played as the Scions. The Centeni kept on changing back to vanilla art for a warrior. I also noticed that a nearby goblin archer looked like a vanilla archer.

Also, it is intentional for there to be only two maps to play in?

Turn off the "Frozen Animations" game option.

As for the maps... Yes, but you can activate others using the launcher, quite easily. The two that are on by default have features other maps do not, which were designed with the mod in mind.

Just noticed that playing as Kuriotates a Muskeval Scout can upgrade into a Centaur. Is this intended (two different races)

Turn off the "Frozen Animations" game option.

As for the maps... Yes, but you can activate others using the launcher, quite easily. The two that are on by default have features other maps do not, which were designed with the mod in mind.

Worked like a charm, thanks.

because it's handled as double, so whatever numbering you use, keep in mind that it should be convertible to double
side note: basic module conflict check implemented

Ugh, I had a whole spiel about how there is no accepted standard for version numbers and how some people think that it goes 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 and some think 1.8, 1.9, 2.0. They are both right of course, but I am too tired tonight. And I have a feeling RiFE will be using the method I prefer, so I'll just move on.

Well, just put a massive thing saying that it can lead to false positives, blah, blah, blah on it? :p

I think the message should be a warning. These modules might have a conflict, and if any problems or unexpected behavior one or both of the authors should be contacted. Suggest that if problems persist, one of the modules should be disabled.

Is this leading towards wanting profiles for module configuration? I'm not quite there, but with the rate modules are being released (and how I'm using lots of small modules instead of one or a few big ones) I can see that on the horizon.

Well, there's something definitely wrong here. I don't know if its Fall Under's fault, but every game I play crashes in the near of the 100th turn.

I am starting to feel bad about releasing modules so soon after Rife 1.3, before any bugs could be quashed. If you are having problems with the game in this manner, please disable all modules (except, I guess, the Bannor one, since that's been with Rife since it was called FF+.) If you still have a problem, it's definitely RiFE's fault, and the modders can sleep easy. :)

The Sidar declared war on me, so I killed them. Now I have two of their cities spreading mist, and I have no way of stopping them.

That's an awesome, but most unfortunate bug.

First, the Sidar city thing: Yeah, will be fixed by the same code that fixes it for razed cities.

Ugh, I had a whole spiel about how there is no accepted standard for version numbers and how some people think that it goes 1.8, 1.9, 1.10 and some think 1.8, 1.9, 2.0. They are both right of course, but I am too tired tonight. And I have a feeling RiFE will be using the method I prefer, so I'll just move on.

Well, we kinda use both? Jump whole numbers for massive changes (the one planned for 2.0 will literally change the way you can play the game, and no I'm not overstating it, though you may misunderstand easily... :p), jump tenth for goalpost versions, and hundredths for small versions. So the next one will be 1.31... But there may never be a 1.35, for example.

I think the message should be a warning. These modules might have a conflict, and if any problems or unexpected behavior one or both of the authors should be contacted. Suggest that if problems persist, one of the modules should be disabled.

Is this leading towards wanting profiles for module configuration? I'm not quite there, but with the rate modules are being released (and how I'm using lots of small modules instead of one or a few big ones) I can see that on the horizon.

I already stated how I think it should be done in the launcher thread.

And yes, profiles could be possible, I think. No idea if it will ever be in though.

I am starting to feel bad about releasing modules so soon after Rife 1.3, before any bugs could be quashed. If you are having problems with the game in this manner, please disable all modules (except, I guess, the Bannor one, since that's been with Rife since it was called FF+.) If you still have a problem, it's definitely RiFE's fault, and the modders can sleep easy. :)

That's an awesome, but most unfortunate bug.

Pretty much exactly what I'd suggest, though I'd leave the Mekara as well; It's a semi-official module and had a LONG development, with lots of input from the team... It works, aside from the two known issues in the version that shipped with 1.3. Which are both fixed by the updated version in it's thread.

I got a CTD with Amurites as well. I killed Orthus myself some 30 turns ago. Havent found a way around via savegames.
Reading this thread makes me feel a bit crazy because i have acitvated all the modules from the download thread. :blush:.
Looking for the last savegame in the launcher would be easier if detailed view would be standard. But i shouldnt be lazy and switch manually of course :D.

Oh, wait. is that 100 turn CTD depending on the speed setting? I`m always playing marathon or slower. As you can see mine was on turn 312

Attachments

• No Itu Lover Turn_0312.CivBeyondSwordSave
    251.4 KB · Views: 47
I too received the persistent turn 101 ctd. I disabled all of my modules and now am not experiencing the crash. I plan on reactivating them one by one to find out what module or combination of modules is causing the problem.

Here's my latest save game. I'm playing as Mekaran and it's turn 163. No Orthus or Zarcaz yet...

Sorry to be a pain and bump this (and I'm sorry if there was a response and I missed it), but is there any idea of a solution for this yet? Or should I just resign myself to never seeing Orthus or Zarcaz again...I miss that axe...:hammer:

Ok, another one with Calabim this time. Orthus got killed by myself again but Zarcaz got just created. I doubt that those have any influence.

Attachments

• No Itu Lover Turn_0310.CivBeyondSwordSave
    244.4 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom