Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Missing graphics for the hog pen and the bearpen and the gorilla cage when you see a city on the map.
And also the grand menagarie.
It ´s only a pink square.

Sometime when you explore a dungeon/keep/small stone you'll get a 'powerful enemy...' message, but nothing appears. This causes a crash.

Also, I just had Alcinus resurrect as a Dural. I'm pretty sure this isn't WAD, but him being insane, I don't really know. :D

Arggh!, the stupd Amurites cast Arcane Lacuna at the start of any game. The only thing they get is that they miss a good oportunity late game...

Now I'm screwed: I've comed back 25 turns. all the autosaves I've had, and, even after that, the strange CTD still HAPPENED, in the same turn it did. Can you believe that?
I've deleted the Austrin, still happened (the log says that it's the start of their turn, and there it stops). I've deleted other civs, nothing. I've never had this kind of CTD before, and for the circunstances, I'm afraid that I just have to let it go.
Still, I think it would be interesting to reply the CTD so you can fix it, shall I upload the save?

EDIT: The last thing that PythonDbg text file said is "GameTurn: 300

Austrin" nothing more. If I delete them, some "0"'s appear there, but then "Austrin" and nothing else. It stops there, it crash there.

EDIT: I've tried again, but interesting to note some other entries in the debug file:
Spoiler :

GameTurn: 300

Austrin

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

Rank Hero Check1

Rank Hero Check2

cata check1

warplan check1

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

Rank Hero Check1

Rank Hero Check2

cata check1

warplan check1

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

cata check1

warplan check1

It ends there.

The last lines of the MPL log, I don't know if hold something interesting
Spoiler :
Player 12 Turn ON
Player 12 Unit 901151 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 72:15 to 71:15
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to 70:16
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 70:16 to 69:17
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to 70:16
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 70:16 to 69:17
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 69:17 to 68:18
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 74:21 to 73:21
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 73:21 to 72:21
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 72:21 to 71:20
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 80:21 to 79:21
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 79:21 to 78:22
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 78:22 to 77:23
Player 12 Unit 204818 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Worker) moving from 77:13 to 77:12
Player 12 Unit 729102 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 77:13 to 77:12
Player 12 Unit 204818 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Worker) moving from 77:12 to 77:11
Player 12 Unit 729102 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 77:12 to 77:11
Player 12 Unit 892949 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Catapult) moving from 79:18 to 80:19
Player 12 Unit 385051 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Settler) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Unit 712715 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 74:16 to 73:16
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 73:16 to 72:17
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Turn OFF
Player 12 Unit 958495 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Catapult) moving from -2147483647:-2147483647 to 75:15
Player 50 Turn ON
It ends there. (See the last line, they moved a catapult after their turn ended)

EDIT: I sense that catapult is glitched.

I do have a feeling that you do not check savegames, don't you?

Arggh!, the stupd Amurites cast Arcane Lacuna at the start of any game. The only thing they get is that they miss a good oportunity late game...

I do have a feeling that you do not check savegames, don't you?

Yeah, we need to fix their pyreq. It currently just checks for manas worldwide, not that they own, so the Wild Mana game options cause them to cast it immediately.

And generally I do, but I am unable to load them atm and would prefer to hurry up and finish 1.31 then reinstall a copy of 1.30 in order to load it atm.

Just to let you know, actually it is Less Dangerous Animals module which causes, in my games, the 101 CTD. :D

Lord D'tesh is a world unit. World units do not gain civ-specific racial promotions. Therefore, Lord D'tesh does not gain the undead promotion when created.

Moreover, if he defects to the barbarians while passing through haunted lands and you're forced to kill him, he'll drop his orbis orb of death affinity, but there's no ability to pick it up.

I don't think this is working as intended...

(look at the top)

well i installed a few mod and it seems to have fixed my graphic problem but now im crash on turn 5 - 10 when i meet a civ i get a error message bad memory allocation .....

one day i will get to play this game :p

I had a scout unit attached to a GC with the Field Survey I promotion (which grants +1 perception and +1 visibility to all recon units under his command) and when he (the scout) moved out of range of the GC (or vice versa) the game lost focus on the scout. (I was no longer able to see the scout or what he saw, similar to the lost promotion.) This only lasted until the next turn though.

Likely caused by the loss in perception and visibility of the scout?

Beeri Bawl has industious, which gives workers a promotion... but his civilization the luchuirp has not worker class unit? Mud Golems dont seem to have a type?

Ravenous werewolves don't get promotions just the take a level button, I get that. But upon graduating to bloodied and then greater aren't they supposed to get promotions again? Also it skipped bloodied altogether and went straight to greater only bumping it's strength by one. I don't fully get the werewolf mechanic in this mod but that's not the way it worked before 1.30.

Come to think of it, the cant take a promotion bug happened in the old version too. Sometimes it fixed itself but I have no idea how.

Just to let you know, actually it is Less Dangerous Animals module which causes, in my games, the 101 CTD. :D

I am perfectly willing to accept the blame here, but from all of the testing I have done I don't see how Less Dangerous can be the single reason for a crash. But I cannot know all, so maybe I missed something.

I really don't want RiFE developers spending their time trying to fix problems that they did not create, so I'll do what I can.

How did you know it was Less Dangerous that caused the crash? Were you running other modules? Have you tried vanilla RiFE and has that given you any problems?

Can you upload a save file? It will help me snoop around and maybe I will find the cause of the problem. And hopefully clear the Less Dangerous name. ;)

If you want to continue your game Till remove the treasure chest at (53,35). It appears the chest somehow got charmed (most likely, could be another promotion) which of course makes no sense.

I've fixed it by preventing treasure chests from getting non-equipment promotions. That won't fix the problem if the chest already has one.

Apparently, workers that gained the flying promo from pegasi (austrin priest of leaves spell?) can build roads (and maybe other stuff too) in water :D.

How did you know it was Less Dangerous that caused the crash? Were you running other modules? Have you tried vanilla RiFE and has that given you any problems?

Can you upload a save file? It will help me snoop around and maybe I will find the cause of the problem. And hopefully clear the Less Dangerous name. ;)

I encountered exactly the thing Dukko was describing with LDA active, posted a turn 101 save a few days ago. No other modules loaded. With LDA active for me there was a significantly higher incidence of CTDs than without. Win7 64 bit, just in case it matters :crazyeye:

I encountered exactly the thing Dukko was describing with LDA active, posted a turn 101 save a few days ago. No other modules loaded. With LDA active for me there was a significantly higher incidence of CTDs than without. Win7 64 bit, just in case it matters :crazyeye:

I've had constant CTDs on turn 68 (quick speed) over multiple games, they vanished when I disabled Less Dangerous Animals, which, surprisingly, didn't break saves. I'll see if I can find a save, but I won't be able to upload it until I'm back from my vacation tomorrow evening, the Internet is maddening slow here. :sad:

Sometime when you explore a dungeon/keep/small stone you'll get a 'powerful enemy...' message, but nothing appears. This causes a crash.

Also, I just had Alcinus resurrect as a Dural. I'm pretty sure this isn't WAD, but him being insane, I don't really know. :D

I have the same problem, so I've started saving before I enter a lair, then reload if I get the "invisible" enemy.

Top Bottom