Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Well, we kinda use both? Jump whole numbers for massive changes (the one planned for 2.0 will literally change the way you can play the game, and no I'm not overstating it, though you may misunderstand easily... :p)

Oh god, you're porting it to the Wii! :woohoo:

Well I have a very strange CTD: It's certainly Deirdra's turn as I saw from the log file, just at the start it crashed to the desktop, however, no message is displayed, just it banish to the Desktop. Shall I upload the save file for examining?

I haven't read through the whole thread so this may have been reported already.

I have python exceptions enabled. When attempting to switch religions when I have religion-specific units/heroes, python gives a popup error, the text of which I don't remember, but of course is related to the popup that informs you units will abandon you if you change religions. I can't change religions when this happens. It's fairly easy to just manually delete the units then change religions, of course. I don't know if there is a similar/related issue with python exceptions disabled.

found a bug with one of the sea unique features:
its the one you can claim and get the fort commander (forgot the name)

so i got the fort commander and the culture radius and forgot about it for the next ~30 turns.
after that i noticed that the whole feature was gone and instead there was the "asterioid" water feature on the plot. also the culture radius was still there but demonic.
i dont know if this was because of the "asterioids" grow over the unique feature or if the demonic 'guardian of priest pass' fort and culture a few titles away caused this problem.

Well I have a very strange CTD: It's certainly Deirdra's turn as I saw from the log file, just at the start it crashed to the desktop, however, no message is displayed, just it banish to the Desktop. Shall I upload the save file for examining?

Now I'm screwed: I've comed back 25 turns. all the autosaves I've had, and, even after that, the strange CTD still HAPPENED, in the same turn it did. Can you believe that?
I've deleted the Austrin, still happened (the log says that it's the start of their turn, and there it stops). I've deleted other civs, nothing. I've never had this kind of CTD before, and for the circunstances, I'm afraid that I just have to let it go.
Still, I think it would be interesting to reply the CTD so you can fix it, shall I upload the save?

EDIT: The last thing that PythonDbg text file said is "GameTurn: 300

Austrin" nothing more. If I delete them, some "0"'s appear there, but then "Austrin" and nothing else. It stops there, it crash there.

EDIT: I've tried again, but interesting to note some other entries in the debug file:
Spoiler :

GameTurn: 300

Austrin

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

Rank Hero Check1

Rank Hero Check2

cata check1

warplan check1

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

Rank Hero Check1

Rank Hero Check2

cata check1

warplan check1

leaves temple check1

leaves disciple check1

div tower check1

lib epic check1

nat epic check1

heroic epic check1

championshrine check1

cata check1

warplan check1

It ends there.

The last lines of the MPL log, I don't know if hold something interesting
Spoiler :
Player 12 Turn ON
Player 12 Unit 901151 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to -2147483647:-2147483647
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 72:15 to 71:15
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to 70:16
Player 12 Unit 909314 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 70:16 to 69:17
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 71:15 to 70:16
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 70:16 to 69:17
Player 12 Unit 925726 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 69:17 to 68:18
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 74:21 to 73:21
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 73:21 to 72:21
Player 12 Unit 933911 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 72:21 to 71:20
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 80:21 to 79:21
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 79:21 to 78:22
Player 12 Unit 942113 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Air Elemental) moving from 78:22 to 77:23
Player 12 Unit 204818 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Worker) moving from 77:13 to 77:12
Player 12 Unit 729102 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 77:13 to 77:12
Player 12 Unit 204818 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Worker) moving from 77:12 to 77:11
Player 12 Unit 729102 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 77:12 to 77:11
Player 12 Unit 892949 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Catapult) moving from 79:18 to 80:19
Player 12 Unit 385051 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Settler) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Unit 712715 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 74:16 to 73:16
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 73:16 to 72:17
Player 12 Unit 720909 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Tracker) moving from 72:17 to 71:18
Player 12 Turn OFF
Player 12 Unit 958495 (TXT_KEY_LEADER_DEIRDRA's Catapult) moving from -2147483647:-2147483647 to 75:15
Player 50 Turn ON
It ends there. (See the last line, they moved a catapult after their turn ended)

EDIT: I sense that catapult is glitched.

Sorry to be a pain and bump this (and I'm sorry if there was a response and I missed it), but is there any idea of a solution for this yet? Or should I just resign myself to never seeing Orthus or Zarcaz again...I miss that axe...:hammer:

I have no idea why exactly that's happening for you... I can't load your game myself (too many changes on my end), but the post just below you mentions both of them spawning in a game. :confused:

Oh god, you're porting it to the Wii! :woohoo:

:lol: No.

I haven't read through the whole thread so this may have been reported already.

I have python exceptions enabled. When attempting to switch religions when I have religion-specific units/heroes, python gives a popup error, the text of which I don't remember, but of course is related to the popup that informs you units will abandon you if you change religions. I can't change religions when this happens. It's fairly easy to just manually delete the units then change religions, of course. I don't know if there is a similar/related issue with python exceptions disabled.

I'll check it out.

found a bug with one of the sea unique features:
its the one you can claim and get the fort commander (forgot the name)

so i got the fort commander and the culture radius and forgot about it for the next ~30 turns.
after that i noticed that the whole feature was gone and instead there was the "asterioid" water feature on the plot. also the culture radius was still there but demonic.
i dont know if this was because of the "asterioids" grow over the unique feature or if the demonic 'guardian of priest pass' fort and culture a few titles away caused this problem.

Sounds like Reefs grew over it somehow....

Scions questions:

Playing Scions - I have not played these in a LONG time so perhaps all these things are intentional:

-awakened which spawn cannot be added to cities, but can create new cities.
-Fully matured (rooted?) creepers cannot make haunted lands
-Korinna the black cannot hide
-captured animals cannot cast 'cage' to return to the scion capital.

Any ideas? Playing with some minor mods (shiny mana, build xp) but nothing which changes the scions.

EDIT

-and Scion great commanders can't command units
-Alcion (sp?) cannot create the thaumaturge's keep.

Ok I know there is a problem here - playing other civs does not give these problems, it's only the Scions.

I have no idea why exactly that's happening for you... I can't load your game myself (too many changes on my end), but the post just below you mentions both of them spawning in a game. :confused:

Oh well...still a great mod! Thanks for your hard work.

Recently, and for no apparent reason, all my settings (resolution, music, graphics) are resetting to defaults. What's going on :confused: ?

Oh well...still a great mod! Thanks for your hard work.

Hey Biff. I have started with wiping my whole RifE Folder and got me a clean download of the the new version plus modules. Perhaps its something from an older version or another mod thats interfering? ive played 5 games so far with thoseModules and the most recent RifE in the last 2 days and always got Orthus and Zarcaz, shortly after that Archeron.

There is some kind of glitch in the upgrade mechanic. Remember I found mazatl paladins building plantation improvements? In my current game, I met a friendly vampire building windmills. No strange promotions on it either... however, it's age is from Start+5 turns, so probably had to be upgraded from a warrior or scout?

Recently, and for no apparent reason, all my settings (resolution, music, graphics) are resetting to defaults. What's going on :confused: ?

This also happens to me, and appears to depend on how I close down the game (in practice, which type of crash ends the game: Endless waiting, CTD, Blue Death, etc..). My custom game options also seem to randomly get wiped or remembered, perhaps depending again on how the game crashes.

I always keep a backup of my settings for that reason. Maybe anw should add a backup ini functionality to the launcher? :p (Like backup and restore backup buttons).

Scions questions:

Playing Scions - I have not played these in a LONG time so perhaps all these things are intentional:

-awakened which spawn cannot be added to cities, but can create new cities.
-Fully matured (rooted?) creepers cannot make haunted lands
-Korinna the black cannot hide
-captured animals cannot cast 'cage' to return to the scion capital.

Any ideas? Playing with some minor mods (shiny mana, build xp) but nothing which changes the scions.

EDIT

-and Scion great commanders can't command units
-Alcion (sp?) cannot create the thaumaturge's keep.

Ok I know there is a problem here - playing other civs does not give these problems, it's only the Scions.

I discovered what did this - and no it wasn't the Amurite world spell. Bizzarely, it was the module 'Maogata'. With module loaded, even without any Moagata Civ in the game, Scions cannot do any of the above. I would have thought it was the same for all civs, but haven't tried them. With Maogata module unloaded, everything works fine.

I'll also post this in the Moagata thread.

every time i play, it crashes a few turns in! any ideas?

Got the first python exception when Buboes was created.
And the second came when I hovered on the ice tiles around Bruti.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0104.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Civ4ScreenShot0105.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0105.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 72
Can't cast Hyborem's Whisper?
When you get Malevolent Designs the button appears in the city screens but you can't select it

Top Bottom