Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

And what about this?:

I was to capture a city, defenders had potions (a lot of). I've killed them all, and all those potions fell to a treasure chest. However, such treasure chest got destroyed when I've captured the city and those potions were destroyed too. It was fine that time, but other time It was a Chrown of Command that I've missed for that bug.

And what about this?:

You have to lure them out, then dispatch them.

Such a pain when Orthos is in a ciry. You need to park a scout outside for him to kill, then take him. Doesn't always work though. A warrior may come out instead.

Hah, easy to say. As you said, that doesn't always work, and there are many situations in which is impossible to lure a specific unit out of a city. (AI isn't always 100% stupid, you know).
Anyways, I feel it should get fixed. Ain't doing that tactic all the time!

It will be changed so mist is lost on city raze/capture.
I think you will be taking this into account, but anyways: make the mist also disappear when the Sidar just hand over the city peacefully. I started in a mp game as them, built the Mercurian Gate and continued with them (another source of OOS btw). On our conquest of the Illians, they captured a city with a single unit after I took care of the defenders. So I asked them to hand over the city and I got it, but my units couldn't enter it ^^. It's good that some Angels spawned there.

That was the first rife mp game I ever finished by one of the human players winning, or anyone winning for that matter. :lol: I won an altar victory at the right time, the cauldron bug in an enemy city would have meant the end for the game.

I want to add something to this:
I was to capture a city, defenders had potions (a lot of). I've killed them all, and all those potions fell to a treasure chest. However, such treasure chest got destroyed when I've captured the city and those potions were destroyed too. It was fine that time, but other time It was a Chrown of Command that I've missed for that bug.

When I ended my game, on unit's killed statistics: It appeared that I've killed 24 treasure chest. So perhaps, chest are killed on city capture? Not captured like workers?

EDIT: On another notice: A lair event said: "You've disturbed a sleeping ogre, it's not sleeping any more". I was surprised from this because the unit that popped out was not an ogre but turned out to be an "Immortal" unit!, at early game! Imagine that!.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but summoned Frostlings seem to not persist on Glacial tiles. They persist normally on tundra and snow, but as soon as the tile becomes glacial they vanish. Fairly minor bug at the point in the game I am at (just got Drifa ^_^ ), but was annoying back when they were actually useful.

Uh, recently got a python exception and a CTD at end turn (Bhall's): I explored a lair and said "A powerful enemy arised to defend the lair".
No enemy appeared though. But it crashed a while after I ended turn.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 9026, in exploreLairBigBad

File "BasicFunctions", line 115, in addUnitFixed

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function exploreLairBigBad failed, module CvSpellInterface

Do not forget the chest issue and the Immortal from lair thing!

I've gotten equipment from lairs (Shield of Faith, and items that can be bought from outfitters etc.). Unless you're talking about equipment that can be taken by other units, which I have not gotten in this version.

Yeah, you can still get things like poisoned/enchanted Blade too, but not the items you can swap with other units.

Some of those should come from epic lairs, I suppose, but now you can't get them anywhere.

remember the great times where u could use the unit statistic mod? ahhh great times...

it would be great if someone with the ability to fix this great mod would fix it :)

Playing as the Illians, I can't seem to create Ascension despite having just completed The Draw. I have Omniscience researched; as far as I can tell there are no other prereqs.

Saved game attached; note that I am at peace with everyone because I used the Seven Pines immediately after completing The Draw (glad to see that trick still works :) ).

Little disappointing to have been building up to this the entire game and then not have it show up. >.<

Attachments

• MaxAstro Turn_0435.CivBeyondSwordSave
    756.1 KB · Views: 59
Playing as the Illians, I can't seem to create Ascension despite having just completed The Draw. I have Omniscience researched; as far as I can tell there are no other prereqs.

Saved game attached; note that I am at peace with everyone because I used the Seven Pines immediately after completing The Draw (glad to see that trick still works :) ).

Little disappointing to have been building up to this the entire game and then not have it show up. >.<

Yeah, there is an error in the python prereq (must have Auric alive) that makes it impossible to build.

It's been fixed in 1.31.

Drat. I guess that game is getting saved until the patch, unless I can patch up the python myself... ~goes to take a look~

The python change is simple... In the onDeath python for Auric (Auric, Auric (Second level), and Auric Ascended all use the same one), add something like "pPlayer.setCivCounter(X)" with x being anything higher than 0.

Then in the cvgameutils python that determines if you can build it, replace the entire Ascension block with this:

Code:
elif eProject == Project["Ascension"]:
			if pPlayer.getLeaderType() == Leader["Raitlor"]: return True
			if eCiv == Civ["Illians"]:
				if pPlayer.getCivCounterMod() != 0: return True

As you can see... MUCH simpler, no loop through units, nothing complex. Far better implementation.

Edit: onDeathAuric should be this:

Code:
def onDeathAuric(pCaster):
	iPlayer = pCaster.getOwner()
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
	for iTrait in range(gc.getNumTraitInfos()):
		if pPlayer.hasTrait(iTrait):
			pPlayer.setHasTrait(iTrait,False)
	pPlayer.setCivCounterMod(100)

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

Unfortunately, after only a couple turns of raping all of creation with the unholy awesomeness that is Auric Ascended, I ran into a repeated CtD. >.<

Save attached...

Attachments

• MaxAstro Turn_0447.CivBeyondSwordSave
    793.2 KB · Views: 55
FFH2 Bug Repeat? - I've gotten several respawning civilizations in the very late game. After defeat, along with the standard defeated message, they'll sometimes be respawned "invisibly." No cities, no units, etc.. At least none that can be seen. They'll stay stagnant at their last score, forever researching whatever it was they were researching. They'll even submit to vassalage. Though, obviously, they don't have anything to trade and I don't think they have any gold to barter with unless someone gives them some. (Has happened with both Normal and Summoned civs.)

IIRC, this is a bug in FFH2 as well. But, I seem to be getting it more in RiFE than I did in FFH2.

Hyborem broke his leash? Isn't Hyborem supposed to be leashed/constrained to his own cultural territory? In a recent game, Hyborem had open borders with Tyrannus <sp> and spent a great deal of time running around the Frozen kingdom (taking damage from the cold, btw) with a stack of units. He also enjoyed the safety of Tyrannus' defenses.. He appeared to "run away" from my SOD in order to hide in the Frozen capital until I went away. :) (I rather enjoyed that, to be honest. But, I don't know if he would have left such territory to go on a rampage into enemy lands. If so, that might be... interesting.)

it crashes a few turns in

I'm very deep in a game with the D'tesg.

First, very interesting civ. The no XP increment for military/arcane units is a nice twist.

About the XP - no XP for commander units and not other benifits for them renders them usless. I tried to force fights (can only defend so I put them in front of barbarians) but that wasn't very successful

The terrain gradual change is very nice - Placing the tombs really expedits it but the main problem is the resources use - Reagents are needed for high level arcane units but you cannot work them (I had to "take" a worked tile from a neighbour). The ash idea is nice nice (help the economy) but since irrigation is not an option on land, converting kelp to ash should be prevented (I think kelp should die in wastland area of effect)

Rituals -
I killed a civ and could perform Stir from slumber (Drifa arrived and left but the option was available)
The genesis ritual should be blocked as it conterdics the whole idea of wastland (perhaps an opposite ritual should be considered)

Techs-
The tech tree for scouts is not understood - I could not understand when subdue beast was available or why beast master is not available.

AI-
As I notices and commented in the last game I played - AI is slow and stupid, even at Prince level. At one point the luc civ send all there heros and armies to fight Archon. Needless to say, they died a shameful/useless death.

Super beasts - Again, All of them appeared in the same game one after the other. Seemed like the barbarians were on a quest to raise Archon because in one of my saves, when I didn't raise a barb city, he popped there and when I did, he popped in the next one etc. (until he popped in a city too far from my civ limits).

D'tesh lord (the stronger hero) - I remember that he is immortal and yet I lost him to a low level barb unit (last in a group of 8 attackers)
How to improve the D'tesh - Nothing much, pretty worked out. Just need to fix the techs.

D'tesh commanders still gain experience when units under their command gain experience from combat. This is actually faster than other commanders because the D'tesh primary military units are their Binders, which - when empowered - get a guaranteed +1xp from combat and +100% experience. Combined with Leadership and a base 5 unit command limit, Dullahan level faster than most other commanders. Empowerement is slightly bugged and is not wearing off, but that will only affect management of your invading armies rather than the efficiency of your commanders.

D'tesh are only prevented from gaining passive non-combat experience, they still get plenty from combat. I think this also only applies to mage and commander units (including fort commanders), I vaguely recall that my melee units were getting training from training yards etc.

FFH2 Bug Repeat? - I've gotten several respawning civilizations in the very late game. After defeat, along with the standard defeated message, they'll sometimes be respawned "invisibly." No cities, no units, etc.. At least none that can be seen. They'll stay stagnant at their last score, forever researching whatever it was they were researching. They'll even submit to vassalage. Though, obviously, they don't have anything to trade and I don't think they have any gold to barter with unless someone gives them some. (Has happened with both Normal and Summoned civs.)

I actually somewhat like this bug, although given Civ and FFH isn't balanced around what I do with it, it is a little exploitative. If I eliminate a Civ who's still around in phantom form (e.g. very low score but no visible units or even forts), I "sue" them for peace: offer peace and take all the technology they have that I do not. Helped me immensely in a recent Immortal game, and it reminds me of stealing techs when you conquer cities in Alpha Centauri. However, I don't think it's a mechanic that should be maintained when the phantom civ problem gets fixed.

Top Bottom