1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Playing an Acknowledgement game as Prime Minister Esirce (the Grigori tolerant minor leader), I was able to cast Awaken Mother in one of the Archos cities, spawning her in my capital. This also cleared my ability to cast the Grigori world spell.

I vaguely recall there was discussion in one of these threads that tolerant leaders aren't supposed to be able to do this (quite obviously), but I can't remember if it is pending for a future patch or if that is supposed to be the case already.

In addition, Birthright Regained did not re-enable the ability to use either spell (my own Grigori spell, which I had never used, nor Awaken Mother when Mother died after I completed the ritual). Might be related to it using Awaken Mother.

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Known issue, already been fixed in the next version.

Tolerant/Conqueror leaders are unable to cast GLOBAL cityspells of other nationalities. Standard cityspells (sidar spells are the only ones, atm) are fair game.

3. jimmythes

jimmythes Chieftain

Repeatable crash save. Trying out the "No more terraforming" mod so it could be from that.

Attached Files:

4. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

5. Valkrionn

Yep, known and fixed already. ;)

6. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

OMG, I was exploring a wrecked ship with my Frigate, and then, I had the "glowing portal event" which gives two options, one, is to enter the portal and the other is to leave it. I've chosen to enter the portal, and you know where my Frigate came out? In middle of the continent! In middle of the map! Something must be wrong there!. (I had to kill my frigate, since the next turn it "moved" to a small lake with no exit).

7. MaxAstro

MaxAstro Spiral Knight

This is actually a symptom of what is in my opinion a larger problem - land-based lairs and water-based lairs seem to draw from the same results pool. I've got the lizardmen fighting dwarves event from a shipwreck, which made an equal amount of sense...

8. tokala

tokala Emperor

Probably known, but nevertheless:
    All non-fatal, but #3 is a bit annoying, as it pops up every turn.

9. Valkrionn

On shipwrecks: I'm just about ready to start the lair rework, and they will get their own results.

On the pyexceptions: All been fixed. ;)

10. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I have another complain: I think immortality is not working as it supposed to be: Unlike base FFH2, the immortal is resurrected without using his moves (If attacking) and neither side (attacker-deffender) gets any XP from the combat. Perhaps, the loser immortal could get withdraw xp, and the winner side could get normal xp. Or already fixed?

11. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Two more python exceptions, though I imagine they might already be fixed:

First involves a lair result. Supposedly a big bad was spawned, but there was nothing nearby. Could have been something invisible, like a mistwalker, but it also didn't have a stack of enemies, which even mistwalkers usually get. The game crashed in the next turn as well; not sure if that was related, but I didn't get another exception when it happened. (And the game continued fine when my reloaded exploration produced a normal result.)

Second one involves browsing the map via the minimap after I picked up a world map from one of the AI. I imagine this one might be an issue with the game engine and is relatively minor, it only happens when browsing over the "broken" areas of the map, which has a strange mix of unmapped and Chislev territory. What was curious is that, to my recollection, this exception only appeared when browsing over Chislev territory, despite this sort of thing being present in some other parts.

I also received a python exception when attempting to use Worldbreak, but I neglected to screenshot that.

Attached Files:

12. MaxAstro

MaxAstro Spiral Knight

This has probably been reported already, but is rather hilarious none-the-less. If you get an Austerin recon unit a Pegasus and send him on top of a mountain, he is perfectly capable of founding a city there, which is awesome and kinda OP. :p

Also, I'm not sure if it's intentional that Austerin mages can keep summoning a new Pegasus after their previous one joins with a unit?

13. Jarwy

Jarwy Warlord

Doviello's "kindred spirits" works on Pit Beasts! Though perhaps they do share some traits with demons... even fair Mahala.

And... a funny capture: Gaius Octavius really hates neutral. Being extremist really worked out for him when he dropped out of the game ten turns later.

Attached Files:

14. Valkrionn

You're neutral on two Axes. Good/Evil and Lawful/Neutral.

15. Jarwy

Jarwy Warlord

I know. It's just funny seeing double neutral penalty. ;) It could just add into solid -3. Almost as much fun as having Amurites like you because you have Pagan Temple (+4). Though I last saw that bug in v. 1.23. Assuming it was a bug... this mod is always mocking me for my ignorance.

16. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I don't know if this is intended or not, but that Burning eye unit, it acts for all intents and purposes like a base civ aircraft. Except that it can't scout (the scout mission). Is this intended or a bug?

17. Valkrionn

It is intended for the Burning Eye to be unable to scout.

18. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

I feel bad about asking this, but...... when is the next update coming? ( I understand RL comes ahead of everything..I'd just like to know your thoughts on an ETA )

19. Valkrionn

Well, the module I've been working on is essentially finished, so all that really remains is to redo the lairs.

20. jasonjay77

jasonjay77 Chieftain

Awesome good news. Ummmm..... I suppose you fixed the issue where the game would crash after a few hundred turns?