Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

After a clean reinstall of Civ4, RifE has no UI.
How can I fix this?

How can I fix this?

You probably have bug or another mod installed in your custom assesets directory that isn't compatable with RIFE. The easiest way to fix that is to open your ini file for rife and add this line under the [config] heading.
Code:
NoCustomAssets = 1
You can find the file you need to edit in the mod folder for rife, it's called "Rise from Erebus.ini" Easy enough to edit in notepad

I'm getting a strange bug with defensive strikes, and subdue animal on Korinna the Black Lady. I think its related to either fear and/or stealth. Sometimes nearby foes trigger defense strikes without attacking her, even animals which never attack on their own. She has blitz too, so it can be hilarious with large stacks moving near her. Subdue animal just works randomly when i defeat animals. Or not. I'm not sure what is causeing her not to capture animals sometimes. I've seen it very rarely with normal hunters in other games with rife but just shrugged it off b/c it was very rare. Very common for her. Save from the game in question attached, i'm guessing if you play a few turns, she'll show the defensive strike bug with the hordes of trolls/frostlings around her.:p

Subdue animal just works randomly when i defeat animals. Or not. I'm not sure what is causeing her not to capture animals sometimes.

Are you sure all the animals you are attacking are still animals? They might be old enough to have become Beasts, which requires Subdue Beasts. In my experience, because the recon line is very frequently low priority, I often find that by the time I get around to wanting to capture animals, they've all become beasts.

Are you sure all the animals you are attacking are still animals? They might be old enough to have become Beasts, which requires Subdue Beasts. In my experience, because the recon line is very frequently low priority, I often find that by the time I get around to wanting to capture animals, they've all become beasts.

I'm not 100% certain, although i've had the game crash, reloaded auto save, and had different results as far as which ones i captured or didn't. A lot of the ones in that game that fail are very old. I remember seeing 75% vs animals on the combat odds tooltip for some that failed as well, rather than 50% vs beasts. I also saw an elephant runing around with no promos and +60% str that was attacking stuff. idk what was up with that. I'm careful about attacking animals anymore, especially tigers after i lost an adventurer hunter with combat V, heroic str 2, subdue, and drill III or so to the mother of all tigers.

FFH2 Bug Repeat? - I've gotten several respawning civilizations in the very late game. After defeat, along with the standard defeated message, they'll sometimes be respawned "invisibly." No cities, no units, etc.. At least none that can be seen. They'll stay stagnant at their last score, forever researching whatever it was they were researching. They'll even submit to vassalage. Though, obviously, they don't have anything to trade and I don't think they have any gold to barter with unless someone gives them some. (Has happened with both Normal and Summoned civs.)

IIRC, this is a bug in FFH2 as well. But, I seem to be getting it more in RiFE than I did in FFH2.

Hyborem broke his leash? Isn't Hyborem supposed to be leashed/constrained to his own cultural territory? In a recent game, Hyborem had open borders with Tyrannus <sp> and spent a great deal of time running around the Frozen kingdom (taking damage from the cold, btw) with a stack of units. He also enjoyed the safety of Tyrannus' defenses.. He appeared to "run away" from my SOD in order to hide in the Frozen capital until I went away. :) (I rather enjoyed that, to be honest. But, I don't know if he would have left such territory to go on a rampage into enemy lands. If so, that might be... interesting.)

1. Related to Cultural Control, and will be fixed eventually but is a bit low priority.
  2. Hyborem has never been leashed to his territory, AFAIK.

I'm very deep in a game with the D'tesg.

First, very interesting civ. The no XP increment for military/arcane units is a nice twist.

About the XP - no XP for commander units and not other benifits for them renders them usless. I tried to force fights (can only defend so I put them in front of barbarians) but that wasn't very successful

The terrain gradual change is very nice - Placing the tombs really expedits it but the main problem is the resources use - Reagents are needed for high level arcane units but you cannot work them (I had to "take" a worked tile from a neighbour). The ash idea is nice nice (help the economy) but since irrigation is not an option on land, converting kelp to ash should be prevented (I think kelp should die in wastland area of effect)

Rituals -
I killed a civ and could perform Stir from slumber (Drifa arrived and left but the option was available)
The genesis ritual should be blocked as it conterdics the whole idea of wastland (perhaps an opposite ritual should be considered)

Techs-
The tech tree for scouts is not understood - I could not understand when subdue beast was available or why beast master is not available.

AI-
As I notices and commented in the last game I played - AI is slow and stupid, even at Prince level. At one point the luc civ send all there heros and armies to fight Archon. Needless to say, they died a shameful/useless death.

Super beasts - Again, All of them appeared in the same game one after the other. Seemed like the barbarians were on a quest to raise Archon because in one of my saves, when I didn't raise a barb city, he popped there and when I did, he popped in the next one etc. (until he popped in a city too far from my civ limits).

D'tesh lord (the stronger hero) - I remember that he is immortal and yet I lost him to a low level barb unit (last in a group of 8 attackers)
How to improve the D'tesh - Nothing much, pretty worked out. Just need to fix the techs.

On the no-xp; Melee/Mounted gain absolutely no xp. Arcane does... It just doesn't get it for free. :p They are the core of your army and should be used to attack with, as well as cast spells.

On Reagents: Woooops. :eek: How has that never come up? I'll fix it somehow.

On Kelp: They won't be ashing kelp any longer. Can't have it be removed from their territory though, at least not easily; The passive terraforming doesn't affect water tiles.

On Rituals: Stir from Slumber has been fixed to correctly require White Hand. Genesis will likely be redone like Vitalize; It will place appropriate terrains for the civ.

On Techs: What exactly do you mean?

On AI: That is something actively being worked on.

On Acheron: He is VERY cheap to build, so barb cities can spit him out fast.

On D'tesh: He is immortal, has to die twice in the same turn.

I actually somewhat like this bug, although given Civ and FFH isn't balanced around what I do with it, it is a little exploitative. If I eliminate a Civ who's still around in phantom form (e.g. very low score but no visible units or even forts), I "sue" them for peace: offer peace and take all the technology they have that I do not. Helped me immensely in a recent Immortal game, and it reminds me of stealing techs when you conquer cities in Alpha Centauri. However, I don't think it's a mechanic that should be maintained when the phantom civ problem gets fixed.

It won't be, no, though I like the idea of stealing techs via warfare (for some civs, at least, if not all).

How can I fix this?

Non-English languages are currently broken. It's been fixed in 1.31.

I'm getting a strange bug with defensive strikes, and subdue animal on Korinna the Black Lady. I think its related to either fear and/or stealth. Sometimes nearby foes trigger defense strikes without attacking her, even animals which never attack on their own. She has blitz too, so it can be hilarious with large stacks moving near her. Subdue animal just works randomly when i defeat animals. Or not. I'm not sure what is causeing her not to capture animals sometimes. I've seen it very rarely with normal hunters in other games with rife but just shrugged it off b/c it was very rare. Very common for her. Save from the game in question attached, i'm guessing if you play a few turns, she'll show the defensive strike bug with the hordes of trolls/frostlings around her.:p

Odd... I'll check her out.

I think Niveras was right about whats going on with subdue. I've been paying very close attention and its always working on animal units, there are just a lot upgraded to beasts mixed in in that game.

The D'Teshi do not require reagents for their arcane line, btw. I had the same "what do you mean I can't connect them?!" freakout, but then noticed they are in fact unnecessary. That said, I think they ~should~ be necessary; the D'Teshi have basically no resources they actually need, which is one of several things I think is currently OP about them.

i had problems with the guardian of prist pass not showing up in my last games.
i placed it with world builder and got the 3 parts of the tree force but i wasnt able to use it on the improvement plot.

Are you using reduced mountain settings for your maps? I've been using that option for ages now, and apparantly, the map doesnt spawn the Guardian then. Maybe its limited to being connected to at least 4 mountains, where with reduced settings I think the max possible is 3.

Wyverns can get Wintered, but it can't be dispelled off them.

The same may go for other Magic Resistant units (I haven't checked)

Are you using reduced mountain settings for your maps? I've been using that option for ages now, and apparantly, the map doesnt spawn the Guardian then. Maybe its limited to being connected to at least 4 mountains, where with reduced settings I think the max possible is 3.

yes, that seems to be the reason why i have to place it with world builder (this should be changed - if i use ALL UNIQUE FEATURES it should be forced to be placed on the map - maybe place some mountains as well or something)

BUT does anybody has the same problem with the 3 parts of the triforce? i cant use the spell on the feature plot...

yes, that seems to be the reason why i have to place it with world builder (this should be changed - if i use ALL UNIQUE FEATURES it should be forced to be placed on the map - maybe place some mountains as well or something)

BUT does anybody has the same problem with the 3 parts of the triforce? i cant use the spell on the feature plot...

Your unit must be exactly in the feature plot and have the 3 shards. That means climbing the mountain if the pass is located there. One downside of the triforce is that you must sacrifice that unit to generate the "guardian". Better to give the shards to a useless unit. Ah, also I think is a spell, maybe Arcane Lacuna is preventing you to use it?

Just played a game as WH Khazad (thanks, fateroller!) and upon building drifa I'm shocked to discover that she's not a dragon, just a really big dwarf...

Spoiler :

(Drifa has the dwarf racial promo, not dragon)

Hi, I downloaded 1.30 and the AI is a little bit scared: shortly after start the barbarians (some minotaurs and a 3-pack of troll(or orc)-Leaders with 14/10 strength kept harassing some AI (got killed) an me. After I managed to create a large stack to kill this leaders (they were invincible and had to be killed twice a round - cost me some units to find this out), I could spread my civ over the map. Edith: 3 Ogre Warchiefs

There were only 4 Civs left by then. One started to grow and declare war on me. After wiping them I continued to spread. There were 3 other civs, but they only had a Capital with a massive stack and 2 minor cities with normal defence (2 or 3 units).

My question: why dident the other civs did expand? Known bug? I did not read through all the 45 pages and I did not found a known-bugs page without a lot of search.

Greetings:

Makarius

Edith: link added

Playing an Acknowledgement game as Prime Minister Esirce (the Grigori tolerant minor leader), I was able to cast Awaken Mother in one of the Archos cities, spawning her in my capital. This also cleared my ability to cast the Grigori world spell.

I vaguely recall there was discussion in one of these threads that tolerant leaders aren't supposed to be able to do this (quite obviously), but I can't remember if it is pending for a future patch or if that is supposed to be the case already.

In addition, Birthright Regained did not re-enable the ability to use either spell (my own Grigori spell, which I had never used, nor Awaken Mother when Mother died after I completed the ritual). Might be related to it using Awaken Mother.

Repeatable crash save. Trying out the "No more terraforming" mod so it could be from that.

Attachments

• Jimmy Turn_0312.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1 MB · Views: 63
Top Bottom