1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. basimrocks

basimrocks Chieftain

it crashes a few turns in

2. Joe Gev

Joe Gev Chieftain

I'm very deep in a game with the D'tesg.

First, very interesting civ. The no XP increment for military/arcane units is a nice twist.

About the XP - no XP for commander units and not other benifits for them renders them usless. I tried to force fights (can only defend so I put them in front of barbarians) but that wasn't very successful

The terrain gradual change is very nice - Placing the tombs really expedits it but the main problem is the resources use - Reagents are needed for high level arcane units but you cannot work them (I had to "take" a worked tile from a neighbour). The ash idea is nice nice (help the economy) but since irrigation is not an option on land, converting kelp to ash should be prevented (I think kelp should die in wastland area of effect)

Rituals -
    I killed a civ and could perform Stir from slumber (Drifa arrived and left but the option was available)
    The genesis ritual should be blocked as it conterdics the whole idea of wastland (perhaps an opposite ritual should be considered)

Techs-
    The tech tree for scouts is not understood - I could not understand when subdue beast was available or why beast master is not available.

AI-
    As I notices and commented in the last game I played - AI is slow and stupid, even at Prince level. At one point the luc civ send all there heros and armies to fight Archon. Needless to say, they died a shameful/useless death.

Super beasts - Again, All of them appeared in the same game one after the other. Seemed like the barbarians were on a quest to raise Archon because in one of my saves, when I didn't raise a barb city, he popped there and when I did, he popped in the next one etc. (until he popped in a city too far from my civ limits).

D'tesh lord (the stronger hero) - I remember that he is immortal and yet I lost him to a low level barb unit (last in a group of 8 attackers)
    How to improve the D'tesh - Nothing much, pretty worked out. Just need to fix the techs.

3. Niveras

Niveras Prince

D'tesh commanders still gain experience when units under their command gain experience from combat. This is actually faster than other commanders because the D'tesh primary military units are their Binders, which - when empowered - get a guaranteed +1xp from combat and +100% experience. Combined with Leadership and a base 5 unit command limit, Dullahan level faster than most other commanders. Empowerement is slightly bugged and is not wearing off, but that will only affect management of your invading armies rather than the efficiency of your commanders.

D'tesh are only prevented from gaining passive non-combat experience, they still get plenty from combat. I think this also only applies to mage and commander units (including fort commanders), I vaguely recall that my melee units were getting training from training yards etc.

I actually somewhat like this bug, although given Civ and FFH isn't balanced around what I do with it, it is a little exploitative. If I eliminate a Civ who's still around in phantom form (e.g. very low score but no visible units or even forts), I "sue" them for peace: offer peace and take all the technology they have that I do not. Helped me immensely in a recent Immortal game, and it reminds me of stealing techs when you conquer cities in Alpha Centauri. However, I don't think it's a mechanic that should be maintained when the phantom civ problem gets fixed.

4. Dukko

Dukko Chieftain

After a clean reinstall of Civ4, RifE has no UI.
    How can I fix this?

5. Blacklanner

Blacklanner Chieftain

You probably have bug or another mod installed in your custom assesets directory that isn't compatable with RIFE. The easiest way to fix that is to open your ini file for rife and add this line under the [config] heading.
    Code:
    NoCustomAssets = 1
    You can find the file you need to edit in the mod folder for rife, it's called "Rise from Erebus.ini" Easy enough to edit in notepad

I'm getting a strange bug with defensive strikes, and subdue animal on Korinna the Black Lady. I think its related to either fear and/or stealth. Sometimes nearby foes trigger defense strikes without attacking her, even animals which never attack on their own. She has blitz too, so it can be hilarious with large stacks moving near her. Subdue animal just works randomly when i defeat animals. Or not. I'm not sure what is causeing her not to capture animals sometimes. I've seen it very rarely with normal hunters in other games with rife but just shrugged it off b/c it was very rare. Very common for her. Save from the game in question attached, i'm guessing if you play a few turns, she'll show the defensive strike bug with the hordes of trolls/frostlings around her.:p

6. Dukko

Dukko Chieftain

My fault, the game was not in English :D

7. Niveras

Niveras Prince

Are you sure all the animals you are attacking are still animals? They might be old enough to have become Beasts, which requires Subdue Beasts. In my experience, because the recon line is very frequently low priority, I often find that by the time I get around to wanting to capture animals, they've all become beasts.

8. Blacklanner

Blacklanner Chieftain

I'm not 100% certain, although i've had the game crash, reloaded auto save, and had different results as far as which ones i captured or didn't. A lot of the ones in that game that fail are very old. I remember seeing 75% vs animals on the combat odds tooltip for some that failed as well, rather than 50% vs beasts. I also saw an elephant runing around with no promos and +60% str that was attacking stuff. idk what was up with that. I'm careful about attacking animals anymore, especially tigers after i lost an adventurer hunter with combat V, heroic str 2, subdue, and drill III or so to the mother of all tigers.

9. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

1. Related to Cultural Control, and will be fixed eventually but is a bit low priority.
    2. Hyborem has never been leashed to his territory, AFAIK.

On the no-xp; Melee/Mounted gain absolutely no xp. Arcane does... It just doesn't get it for free. :p They are the core of your army and should be used to attack with, as well as cast spells.

On Reagents: Woooops. :eek: How has that never come up? I'll fix it somehow.

On Kelp: They won't be ashing kelp any longer. Can't have it be removed from their territory though, at least not easily; The passive terraforming doesn't affect water tiles.

On Rituals: Stir from Slumber has been fixed to correctly require White Hand. Genesis will likely be redone like Vitalize; It will place appropriate terrains for the civ.

On Techs: What exactly do you mean?

On AI: That is something actively being worked on.

On Acheron: He is VERY cheap to build, so barb cities can spit him out fast.

On D'tesh: He is immortal, has to die twice in the same turn.

It won't be, no, though I like the idea of stealing techs via warfare (for some civs, at least, if not all).

Non-English languages are currently broken. It's been fixed in 1.31.

Odd... I'll check her out.

10. Blacklanner

Blacklanner Chieftain

I think Niveras was right about whats going on with subdue. I've been paying very close attention and its always working on animal units, there are just a lot upgraded to beasts mixed in in that game.

11. MaxAstro

MaxAstro Spiral Knight

The D'Teshi do not require reagents for their arcane line, btw. I had the same "what do you mean I can't connect them?!" freakout, but then noticed they are in fact unnecessary. That said, I think they ~should~ be necessary; the D'Teshi have basically no resources they actually need, which is one of several things I think is currently OP about them.

12. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Ah, then that fix is not needed.

No, for me to have them require reagents would require the addition of a new improvement (or allowing them to build a standard one; just as bad, IMO).

13. Tsukasa

Tsukasa Warlord

i had problems with the guardian of prist pass not showing up in my last games.
    i placed it with world builder and got the 3 parts of the tree force but i wasnt able to use it on the improvement plot.

14. Gravage

Gravage Oh yeah.

Are you using reduced mountain settings for your maps? I've been using that option for ages now, and apparantly, the map doesnt spawn the Guardian then. Maybe its limited to being connected to at least 4 mountains, where with reduced settings I think the max possible is 3.

15. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

Wyverns can get Wintered, but it can't be dispelled off them.

The same may go for other Magic Resistant units (I haven't checked)

16. Tsukasa

Tsukasa Warlord

yes, that seems to be the reason why i have to place it with world builder (this should be changed - if i use ALL UNIQUE FEATURES it should be forced to be placed on the map - maybe place some mountains as well or something)

BUT does anybody has the same problem with the 3 parts of the triforce? i cant use the spell on the feature plot...

17. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Your unit must be exactly in the feature plot and have the 3 shards. That means climbing the mountain if the pass is located there. One downside of the triforce is that you must sacrifice that unit to generate the "guardian". Better to give the shards to a useless unit. Ah, also I think is a spell, maybe Arcane Lacuna is preventing you to use it?

18. isthmus

isthmus Warlord

Just played a game as WH Khazad (thanks, fateroller!) and upon building drifa I'm shocked to discover that she's not a dragon, just a really big dwarf...

Spoiler :

(Drifa has the dwarf racial promo, not dragon)

19. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

Giant flying dwarves FTW!! :lol:

20. Makarius

Makarius Chieftain

Hi, I downloaded 1.30 and the AI is a little bit scared: shortly after start the barbarians (some minotaurs and a 3-pack of troll(or orc)-Leaders with 14/10 strength kept harassing some AI (got killed) an me. After I managed to create a large stack to kill this leaders (they were invincible and had to be killed twice a round - cost me some units to find this out), I could spread my civ over the map. Edith: 3 Ogre Warchiefs

There were only 4 Civs left by then. One started to grow and declare war on me. After wiping them I continued to spread. There were 3 other civs, but they only had a Capital with a massive stack and 2 minor cities with normal defence (2 or 3 units).

My question: why dident the other civs did expand? Known bug? I did not read through all the 45 pages and I did not found a known-bugs page without a lot of search.

Greetings:

Makarius

Edith: link added