Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I always play Normal speed.

I should probably list all my game parameters, just in case: Huge Tectonics map, Earthlike (70% water), temperate climate.

Game Options I had in this game were the following: Orcish Swarms, Wildlands, Blessings of Amathaon, Living World, Wild Mana, Feral Mana, Mana Guardians, No Liberation, All Unique Features, Broader Alignments, Dark Forests.

I doubt that either my Game Options or the map parameters affected the Blight, but there it is.

After numerous multiplayer games I found that when an AI civilization attacks a barbarian unit with a ranged attack - this will always result in an Out Of Synch error which only can be resolved with loading the last (auto)save.

I believe Snarko had said he fixed this; Maybe it was just in one of the SVN versions, and not an actual patch? Not sober enough to remember.

I'll try to check in the morning. Afternoon. Whenever I wake up. :lol:

Must be in one of the SVN versions, because I know I'm playing with the latest patch (1.31), including the latest hotfix. Anyway, just wanted to report the problem and apparent solution.

I just found this mod and installed it, and I'm noticing that after a while (or sometimes as soon as they are built) I lose the button in the interface to automate a worker. At first I thought it was something unique to the jotnar, since I started with them and couldn't get the thrall militia to automate, but then I played an amurite game and some of those workers lost the ability to automate over time too. When it happens, they no longer have any of the interface buttons to automate, and don't respond to the A key. They still are able to build improvements if I manually control them, though.

Automating workers doesn't really work that well in the first place to be honest, you'd be much better off just manually controlling your workers.

I've played wood elves for times and I found the appearance of their town/hamlet/cottage/village always be two types.One may looks right but the other seems a little strange.Is there anything wrong with the graphic?(I mean the left one:))
test.jpg

I've played wood elves for times and I found the appearance of their town/hamlet/cottage/village always be two types.One may looks right but the other seems a little strange.Is there anything wrong with the graphic?(I mean the left one:))
View attachment 291251

Is it just me or do those look a little like the town graphics from HoMM5?:confused:
Maybe those are building graphics and not actual city graphics?

Is it just me or do those look a little like the town graphics from HoMM5?:confused:
Maybe those are building graphics and not actual city graphics?

I don't know.The attachment I post is just two towns(improvement),and I think the left one may not be suitable for elven.:confused:

Getting a repeatable CtD at the end of this turn. I tried replaying from the most recent autosave and doing a few different things, but no matter what I do the game crashes at the end of this turn -- just hit "Enter."

Is one of them on a hill?

Neither of them,they're both on a plain.

And I found the dark elf may be too more powerful than the wood elf.More easy to capture animals to build special buildings and the animal's blood also give many strong promotions to the recon units but Svartalfar's recon units is already strong enough.(especially with the trait Treacherous).All the leaders of Svartalfar are evil that makes most agonistic civilizations have a good attitude to them so the dark elf also be more safer in the early game(also makes them have enough time to capture more animals).The most important is I still have no idea with the forest stealth.Hawks and float eyes both can't see them!:eek:

And I found the dark elf may be too more powerful than the wood elf.More easy to capture animals to build special buildings and the animal's blood also give many strong promotions to the recon units but Svartalfar's recon units is already strong enough.(especially with the trait Treacherous).All the leaders of Svartalfar are evil that makes most agonistic civilizations have a good attitude to them so the dark elf also be more safer in the early game(also makes them have enough time to capture more animals).The most important is I still have no idea with the forest stealth.Hawks and float eyes both can't see them!:eek:

That's the point of the svartalfar elves, they are a ba recon focused civ and the ljosalfar are archery unit focused(they get a pretty good buff for all archers and they get a special marksman with blitz). They both have no access to siege weapons and alchemy labs, as well as musketmen. Then create a safety zone by chopping forests around your territory, as soon as their recon units are in the open, send in some mounted units to mop up the defensively weak svart recon units(if you have terraforming and land that is not in a city radius, change it to desert to give yourself an even bigger advantage).

I get games where there is only one evil civ(besides my civ) and there are 4-5 good or neutral civs; I mean if your saying their OP because their evil I can just as easily say the bannorn are OP because they have a good alignment in a game where most civ's are good or neutral. Besides, what's the point of being evil if you don't have a numerical advantage?:mischief:

You can also just limit or choose the other leaders so they are more balanced for your game.:goodjob:

I think the End of Winter option is bugged, unless you've intentionally made it much much much much slower than in base FfH2.

My current game, playing on Normal speed, I'm up to turn 401 and, although I've had resources change "due to the warming climate," the terrain is still Frost, Tundra, or Taiga. (The exception is in the Coastal tiles, where the initial Ice disappeared to expose water.)

I remember in base FfH2 the world usually warmed up much more quickly, maybe by turn 100 (?). So as I said, maybe it's intentional in RifE to have the End of Winter cause wintry terrain to last much longer, but I wanted to report it in case it isn't.

EDIT: D'oh! I should have searched the forums a bit more, I just saw in the Fall Further thread that the last version of FF (0.43), added an "Extended" End of Winter option to replace the old End of Winter option, so maybe that was carried over into RifE? So if that's the case, then never mind.

How big is your map? The option doesn't scale properly on larger maps, and the warming effect ends by around turn 200. Net result is that much of the world remains ice on larger maps.

How big is your map? The option doesn't scale properly on larger maps, and the warming effect ends by around turn 200. Net result is that much of the world remains ice on larger maps.

I didn't think of that. Playing on a Huge map, that's probably it.

Why doesn't it just remove all ice tiles after turn 200 as a fail safe? Just saying...:coffee:

Top Bottom