Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Oops, didn't realize that the variable names weren't necessarily the same... For some reason I assumed that .NET stored the variable names as well. Either way, .NET Reflector is awesome - I recommend it if you need it for something. The only other time I've used it was because there was a program that was published as Open Source (it said open source, the license was an open source license, etc), but I couldn't find source anywhere and was unsuccessful in several attempts at contacting the author. I needed to see how he did some things for a work project I was working on, and it was supposedly Open Source, so bam... :goodjob:

Sorry for not asking your permission first, but I figured it was for debugging purposes...

:D it's ok, source code for launcher will be released anyway (( probably at same time as dll source ))

I used Worldbuilder to add Tame to my captured elephant. Then I upgraded it to a War Elephant. The War Elephant could still use Hunter's Trophy, which is probably not right. It could build improvements with a fairly decent work rate. I'm sure that's also not right, but might be the reason why they aren't getting the Tame promotion in the first place.

Thre is an event about "There is civil unrest near the X city of X...". The 3rd choice requires espionage points, which are not in RifE.

Sheut stones due to their other-dimensional floating nature revert to marble at the end of turn. When placed in worldbuilder, revert to marble regardless. Nature of existence does not tolerate this abomination...

D´Teshi Great General UU (Dullahan) dont get the Wasteland-Defender Promotion (and so slowing down my Stack of Doom ^^)

First of all, contrary to what was said earlier in this thread multiplayer works perfectly fine for me, no first turn OOS and the OOS from barbarian ranged attacks are fixed as well.

We did however get an OOS when the Elohin (human, non-host) cast their wordspell, doing so would cause the game to go out of sync without the spell being cast in the host's game.

It's not really that much of a problem as you can continue your game by loading the Elohim's safegame but it sounds like something caused by a simple bug so I thought I should report it anyway.

Additionally both the Temple of the Empyrean and the Dies Diei have missing thumbnails.

These may have been raised before, but I'm not going to hunt through six dozen posts on the off-chance... I'm writing these up from memory as it's lunch-hour at work.

I have got the treasure event several times and purchased maps but the treasure chest never appears. I'm guessing this bug is related to the new visibility code.

Missing icons and text strings. Archer has TXT_UPGRADE_ARCHER. I think the Heron throne shows up as a pink blob when you've built it in your city.

Don't know if this is a bug or not but Workers are way too slow. I'm playing on normal speed as Grigori. I've got Agriculture, but it still takes my Skilled 3 worker about 10 turns to build a Farm. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could swear that this only takes about 4 turns on FfH.

The Healers are called "Healer 2" and "Healer 7" and the like. If you're stuck for names I suggest "Valkrionn" whose quote can be "You appear to have pick up a few bugs. Let me patch you up, so you can run rife once more." ;)

So I don't got access to my xp computer atm and am using my 64-bit windows vista. I can get Civilization to work just fine but when I try to load the mod it just gives me errors. Please help cause I really want to play >_<!

I used Worldbuilder to add Tame to my captured elephant. Then I upgraded it to a War Elephant. The War Elephant could still use Hunter's Trophy, which is probably not right. It could build improvements with a fairly decent work rate. I'm sure that's also not right, but might be the reason why they aren't getting the Tame promotion in the first place.

It's a bug for the Elephant to not get tame... And I will block it for the War Elephant. And the Mammoth Rider. :lol:

I believe Vermicious added the workrate some time ago; Not sure if that will stay or not.

Thre is an event about "There is civil unrest near the X city of X...". The 3rd choice requires espionage points, which are not in RifE.

That needs to be fixed.

Sheut stones due to their other-dimensional floating nature revert to marble at the end of turn. When placed in worldbuilder, revert to marble regardless. Nature of existence does not tolerate this abomination...

That would be because Sheut Stones are a hell resource. The plot counter must be higher than 51, otherwise it will revert back to marble.

D´Teshi Great General UU (Dullahan) dont get the Wasteland-Defender Promotion (and so slowing down my Stack of Doom ^^)

Will be fixed. Just left off that one unitcombat. :lol:

First of all, contrary to what was said earlier in this thread multiplayer works perfectly fine for me, no first turn OOS and the OOS from barbarian ranged attacks are fixed as well.

We did however get an OOS when the Elohin (human, non-host) cast their wordspell, doing so would cause the game to go out of sync without the spell being cast in the host's game.

It's not really that much of a problem as you can continue your game by loading the Elohim's safegame but it sounds like something caused by a simple bug so I thought I should report it anyway.

Additionally both the Temple of the Empyrean and the Dies Diei have missing thumbnails.

Glad to hear it! :goodjob:

I'll look into the issue with the Elohim worldspell if possible.

These may have been raised before, but I'm not going to hunt through six dozen posts on the off-chance... I'm writing these up from memory as it's lunch-hour at work.

I have got the treasure event several times and purchased maps but the treasure chest never appears. I'm guessing this bug is related to the new visibility code.

Missing icons and text strings. Archer has TXT_UPGRADE_ARCHER. I think the Heron throne shows up as a pink blob when you've built it in your city.

Don't know if this is a bug or not but Workers are way too slow. I'm playing on normal speed as Grigori. I've got Agriculture, but it still takes my Skilled 3 worker about 10 turns to build a Farm. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could swear that this only takes about 4 turns on FfH.

The Healers are called "Healer 2" and "Healer 7" and the like. If you're stuck for names I suggest "Valkrionn" whose quote can be "You appear to have pick up a few bugs. Let me patch you up, so you can run rife once more." ;)

The treasure chest has been broken for a while. Need to find out why.

The buildspeed isn't a bug, but may have been reduced too far.

And we have some healers, just need to add it... Though I like your quote there. :lol:

So I don't got access to my xp computer atm and am using my 64-bit windows vista. I can get Civilization to work just fine but when I try to load the mod it just gives me errors. Please help cause I really want to play >_<!

Did you update civilization to 3.19?

Nobody will be able to give you any help if you just tell us: "My game is not working, fix it.", you should go into more detail about when the error occurs (when stating the launcher or when starting rife proper, during game initializing or when you try to load a map etc.), what kind of error you see (generic CTD or something more informative?), if you have tried running 1.23 on the same comp before etc.

And I don't think Vista is at fault here since I got no problems on my W7 64-bit and my 32-bit Vista computers. Then again, Vista is Vista and 7 is 7.

Edit: Ninjaed. -.-

Game runs a lot more stable than 1.23 for sure, but in almost all the games I've started so far I get a crash to desktop within the first 25 turns of the game. All my games are fairly standard map setups with only timid animals on. Also, loading the last autosave after the crash the game continues just fine from there on out. I have no idea what could be causing it, but its not really a bit issue since I can continue after restarting it.

Edit: The crash happens between turns 10-25 regardless of game speed, forgot to add.

This is more of a question than bug report since I guess this might be intended, but on my last game as balseraphs, when I researched octopus overlords I got a thane of kilmorph instead of overlords, is that normal? (I was not the first to research it)

Edit #2: Had not chosen any state religion yet. Both Kilmorph and Overlords were researched by other players.

I've started a handful of games on ErebusContinent - standard settings - and played one through to around the Iron Working stage. No crashes yet. I haven't tried the Erebus PerfectWorld script yet.

A question re Haunted Lands. I had a few tiles of them in my empire, and wanted to clear them in my Elohim game so I assumed that once I researched Sanitation (which allows 'Clear Jungle) I'd be able to take them out. However, my worker doesn't get an option to Clear Jungle when on the tile. Not sure if its a bug or if it's intended that there's now no way to clear HL.

Moin,

played with Khazad, round 320. Crashed when Bambur was attacked by a barbarian (cernunnos) Hillgiant...:sad: I reloaded it and the crash did not repeat itself.

Modmen... please make the game stable. Don't put so much stuff in it but make it stable. I don't need ten more civs, a lot of items or crazy launchers but a game that is stable. Don't loose yourself in details but work on the main and most important issue: stability. No crashes. Don't want to put riavalty in game but look at wm or orbis. Both very stable. Rife: the modmod with a lot of very good ideas and concepts but every game a crash. 100%.

So far I will continue "testing" untill the stable version will come out - 1.4, 1.5, 2.0???

Greez,

Tschuggi

Modmen... please make the game stable. Don't put so much stuff in it but make it stable. I don't need ten more civs, a lot of items or crazy launchers but a game that is stable. Don't loose yourself in details but work on the main and most important issue: stability. No crashes. Don't want to put riavalty in game but look at wm or orbis. Both very stable. Rife: the modmod with a lot of very good ideas and concepts but every game a crash. 100%.

What size maps are you playing on? Try dropping down a size and a couple of civs, see if stability improves.

tschuggi please stop complaining...

bug:
arcane laguna cast on turn 1

had a poisoned scout who just couldnt explore the graveyard he stood on. 3 turns later a clan warrior explored it(i'll see if i can reproduce it)

a stag wakes up nearby units

Hi guys,

so I'll keep it short (sry for my english):

- deleted the old RifE folder completely

- installed 1.3 via it's exe-file (changed from german to english within, just to be sure)

- used launcher

got this:

- tried to blindly skip through the setup

- entered game

- got this:

De- and reinstalling the mod doesn't help at all :(

I don't even know, where this german descriptions came from :crazyeye:

Could anyone provide some tipps here? :confused::cry:

You have to switch the in game language from German to English.

Launcher -> edit .ini file -> Language -> set from "2" for German to "0" for English.

I have to echo that this version is much more stable than 1.23 and there doesn't appear to be the massive slowdown between turns like before.

I did however get one CTD when I was exploring and ran into this humongous bird or griffin or something. I should have done a screenshot. It honestly filled my screen, which shook a bit, then I was kicked out to Windows. Now, that is one hell of a unit!

One other thing: what is up with the Balseraph Freaks in this version. When I build one it has only that green 'mutate' icon, but no other mutations. I have kept them around awhile as Freaks, promoted them to Swordmen/Hunters, and nothing happens.

Love the free Mimics I got early on from lairs!

My earlier bug reports about multiplayer OOS wasn't entirely accurate. I only got a first turn OOS three times, it hasn't happened since.

Although most barbarian units don't cause OOS when they use ranged attacks, twice in my current game, I've gotten one immediately after a Scorpion Clan uses a ranged attack on one of my fort commanders.

Top Bottom