Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Here's the save where I can't create Ascension. If there's any way around this, any files I can edit, anything short of using worldbuilder to clone Auric..let me know. AA is the only reason I was playing the Illians, and even though the result of the game is a given at this point, I'd really like to finish it, I just hate using WB.

Attachments

• Auric Ulvin Turn_0311.CivBeyondSwordSave
    786 KB · Views: 68
Mary Morbus doesn't give +2 unhealth like she's supposed to. (This was also in 1.23).

Also, civs still hang around after their last city is destroyed (without require complete kills) if they have forts.

There is no limit to the amount of frostlings each Priest of Winter can summon. I don't know if it's a bug, but if it's an intended feature it looks very unbalanced, since those frostlings pay no upkeep.

On my current game, instead of a CTD the game simply stops at "waiting for other Civilizations.." at end of turn. The game doesn't lock up, I can scroll around and use the menu interface but the AI doesn't finish his turn.

The game is with Ljosalfar, it happens at end of turn 340 every time I try to end the turn. Huge map, no barb/demon/animal factions, wild and feral mana + guardians, double bonuses and frequency of events.

Bit of a bummer, this particular game was turning interesting.

Attachments

• Ljos turn 340 stuck on enemy turn.CivBeyondSwordSave
    709.2 KB · Views: 62
A hill giant killed my fort commander and moved on without claiming the fort. After that I couldn't add a new fort commander, though I still owned the fort.

Is it possible there is an invisible animal or other unit on the fort, like a D'Tesh recon or Sidar Trackless unit?

If it was me, I'd simply have placed all the speed-dict in their own module and initialized them when the game starts or loads; letting any module that needs them import them on their own. Use the fact that modules are essentially singletons.
Um...I'm not using any modules besides the ones that were enabled by default and I did not modify any of the mod files. Maybe this is not what you meant,in which case I apologize,but that's the impression I got.

Anyway,got the same problem as lnodiv. Upgraded Auric or not,there is no ritual.:sad:
Also,the Ascension link in the pedia entry for The Draw takes you to the Mekara ability instead of the ritual.

Acheron gets a range 0 leash if you manage to capture him.
Also,what's up with the strength change for dragons? Acheron got 35 strength now, and Drifa got 41.:eek:

Whenever the Kuriotates capture a city,it gets a "(set)" added in front of it's name on the city bar. Just in case it matters,they only captured barbarian cities.

If you have Nox Noctis and forget to make your fort commander visible,your enemies can just move to the tile and raze the fort. The unit that razed my for was a Sidar Ghost,if it matters.

Got another exception,this time when exploring the Aifon Island:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 9026, in exploreLairBigBad

File "BasicFunctions", line 115, in addUnitFixed

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

The result i got was "A powerful enemy has arisen to defend the lair",though no visible enemy spawned. And i got a CTD after ending my turn.

I added Tame to a captured Elephant using WB. Later on I upgraded it to an Elephant rider, only cost 3 gold btw, and it kept the hunters prize & Elephants blood ability but not the building one.

would really like to see the AI figure out not to cast world spells at the beginning of the game... arcane lacuna on the first turn for instance, or the clan of embers spell *can't recall the name*. just seems kinda odd that they do it that early. looking forward to the patch, but still enjoying what i've played of it so far.

Most likely a known bug, but if you have a unit that can create slaves and that is also a werewolf (such as through Foxford), it sometimes generates two new units after combat, one werewolf-version of the defeated unit, and one slave. This is obviously a bit strange.

Known, and problematic to fix.

Mazatl (probably Cualli too):
Create Swamp ability does not seem to work at all.
After learning Sanitation, building any improvement that is tied to Remove Jungle will cause the Shaper to remove the jungle rather than building inside of it.
Cottages in Jungle require fresh water (is this a bug?)

Will check Create Swamp, and the rest is a bug. (well, not sure about the cottage)

Mammoth Stampede (I think, I'm writing during lunch hour at work) is pink. Just a missing art icon.

Known. Whole mechanic is going away anyway.

Not working for me - I should have included a screenshot. I wonder if this has something to do with a directory problem?

One question:

In my first game I captured a couple of forts. When they grew to Citadels, I got the customary cross you get with the expansion of territory. However, in my second game, as the Amurites, my forts turned into Citadels are only giving me the territory you would get with the next lower fortification (I forget the name). Are Amurite Citadels unique in this?

If you could get me a screenshot, that would be great. :p

Citadels control the territory better, but do not expand it.

A hill giant killed my fort commander and moved on without claiming the fort. After that I couldn't add a new fort commander, though I still owned the fort.

Will add a spell allowing you to create a new commander, probably with some cost.

I can't build lumbermills in ancient forest I hope this is realy a bug and not planned and I hope this bug isn't posted already:mischief:

Not a bug. Lumbermills could never be built in Ancient Forests. And should not be able to.

Mechanos' Mobile Fortress could not move after I lifted it off. Tried to land and lift off again, no change.

Question: How do you use Mechanos worldspell?

Can only move on railroads.

All worldspells must be cast from the city itself. Not a unit.

Is it me, or Hall of Fame is no longer functional?

EDIT:

If that is annoying you, modify your civ.ini and change the line
HidePythonExceptions = 0
to HidePythonExceptions = 1

Please show a screenshot of your HoF.

And please do not turn off pyexceptions if you'd like to be able to have your bugs fixed in future versions.

A few problems with playing the Jotanr

Whenever I try to either upgrade a unit with packmaster promotion to enything higher than Jarl, or try to promote anything higher then Jarl to packmaster the game CTD.

Same thing happens when I try the Paladin promotion.

I have yet to fine a situation in which the "part water" spell is enabled.

Thanks

Will check it, but again, Jotnar are changing.

Trails don't give swamps +1 :commerce: anymore but roads do.

May be intended, not sure.

I can't create ascension as the Illians. The Draw is complete and I have omniscience.

Issue with the python controlling it's creation.

While playing an emergent leader I accidentally an entire civilization early on. Now it nags me to take the aggressive trait Every Single Turn. I don't want it. It's kind of annoying. Don't know if that counts as a bug though. A line of code that is detrimental to enjoyable game-play?

The code just checks to see if you've killed a civ. No simple way to change it, but it will be changed completely in 1.4.

Sorry, I was wrong about the No City Razing part, later in the game when Buboes & Yersinia attacked Hexam the message box just said that the Demons had captured Hexam; although the result was the same. A CTD when trying to load and a City bar showing with no number for Pop & no name & no visible city.

Demons should not be able to capture cities; Supposed to autoraze them. Demons and Animals (2nd and 3rd barb civs) cause issues if they capture cities.

Mary Morbus doesn't give +2 unhealth like she's supposed to. (This was also in 1.23).

Also, civs still hang around after their last city is destroyed (without require complete kills) if they have forts.

Will check it.

And yes, need to fix that.

There is no limit to the amount of frostlings each Priest of Winter can summon. I don't know if it's a bug, but if it's an intended feature it looks very unbalanced, since those frostlings pay no upkeep.

Ugh. I thought I'd rebalanced that. :lol:

Um...I'm not using any modules besides the ones that were enabled by default and I did not modify any of the mod files. Maybe this is not what you meant,in which case I apologize,but that's the impression I got.

Anyway,got the same problem as lnodiv. Upgraded Auric or not,there is no ritual.:sad:
Also,the Ascension link in the pedia entry for The Draw takes you to the Mekara ability instead of the ritual.

Acheron gets a range 0 leash if you manage to capture him.
Also,what's up with the strength change for dragons? Acheron got 35 strength now, and Drifa got 41.:eek:

Whenever the Kuriotates capture a city,it gets a "(set)" added in front of it's name on the city bar. Just in case it matters,they only captured barbarian cities.

If you have Nox Noctis and forget to make your fort commander visible,your enemies can just move to the tile and raze the fort. The unit that razed my for was a Sidar Ghost,if it matters.

Got another exception,this time when exploring the Aifon Island:

File "CvSpellInterface", line 9026, in exploreLairBigBad

File "BasicFunctions", line 115, in addUnitFixed

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

The result i got was "A powerful enemy has arisen to defend the lair",though no visible enemy spawned. And i got a CTD after ending my turn.

He meant a different kind of module. A python file. Not something you did.

Python issue.

Acheron should have his leash wiped. I'll check him out. Most likely, an issue with the way randleashes are wiped (may have wiped it to the wrong value). And dragons are all stronger, as are many other large units.

The (set) means Settlement.

Will look at it.

Known issue.

hi, its me again :king:

how are the sync issues in this latest version?

Seems to be fairly good, with a few exceptions.

Autocasting, and City Spells, both seem to cause OOS.

would really like to see the AI figure out not to cast world spells at the beginning of the game... arcane lacuna on the first turn for instance, or the clan of embers spell *can't recall the name*. just seems kinda odd that they do it that early. looking forward to the patch, but still enjoying what i've played of it so far.

It will. :p

Mobile fortresses move only on railroads. For the thousandth time :p. (Everyone asks that, even I did xD)

Maybe it's not too obvious? :p I thought it was a bug for sure.

All worldspells must be cast from the city itself. Not a unit.

Another well hidden button (or maybe I'm just blind ;) ). I don't think I have yet seen this trigger for worldspells.

Perhaps add some more tips to in-game civpedia ?

sounds like progress :D

does the legion and kuronites still cause OOS, along with ranged attacks?

Definitely is, as the first can be completely avoided. :lol:

Not sure about Legion and Kurios (believe not, Snarko fixed a bug there). Ranged Attacks can apparently cause an OOS if it is a barb unit, not if a regular AI unit.

Maybe it's not too obvious? :p I thought it was a bug for sure.

Another well hidden button (or maybe I'm just blind ;) ). I don't think I have yet seen this trigger for worldspells.

Perhaps add some more tips to in-game civpedia ?

It says "Route Native Railroad" on the unit. Will improve the display (comes from the original modcomp it was merged from). Or at least, it should say so, if anw hadn't messed up that file. :lol: Fixed for 1.31.

Worldspells are on the right. If it's not showing, when you have all other reqs, make sure Arcane Lacuna hasn't be cast; If that's not it, run a play now game (let the map load) to make sure any saved options are cleared, and start a fresh game. You'd have a hidden option on which blocks worldspells.

is agraianism supposed to give +1 health, -1 food, +1 hammer if so why the change from 1.23

sounds like progress :D

does the legion and kuronites still cause OOS, along with ranged attacks?

Legion definitely doesn't cause OOS, that being said they are so horribly unbalanced that you have to ban them from mp games anyway unless your buddies enjoy seeing you research Mithril Working before they get Bronze Working. (actually happened)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast
File "<string>", line 0, in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 2971, in reqRessurection
File "CustomFunctions", line 2047, in getHero
KeyError: 'Bannor'
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

error appeared when i built an archer that had resurrection from cave of ancestors. Didn't crash game but it did pop back up everytime I selected a promotion for the archer that turn. This is a game with Fall Under enabled, so Mr Underhill might need to take a look also. Error also appeared whenever I tried any action with that unit. Deleted unit.

Playing on the Mechano's, I've noticed this bug has not been fixed. This bug is that if you have that feral mana game mechanic on, Mechano's cannot make a refinery on top of a non-raw mana resource. This cripples the use of Mechano's special mana points. I recommend that this bug should be fixed.

I start to see some TXT_ stuff on some of the tech's info before you select your next research. Most of them are from "Hired units".

when I launch the launcher, I always get this "notset\privatemaps" issue that pop up. there is no "notset\" folder.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "CvSpellInterface", line 119, in canCast
File "<string>", line 0, in ?
File "CvSpellInterface", line 2971, in reqRessurection
File "CustomFunctions", line 2047, in getHero
KeyError: 'Bannor'
ERR: Python function canCast failed, module CvSpellInterface

error appeared when i built an archer that had resurrection from cave of ancestors. Didn't crash game but it did pop back up everytime I selected a promotion for the archer that turn. This is a game with Fall Under enabled, so Mr Underhill might need to take a look also.

Known issue, trying to fix it.

Playing on the Mechano's, I've noticed this bug has not been fixed. This bug is that if you have that feral mana game mechanic on, Mechano's cannot make a refinery on top of a non-raw mana resource. This cripples the use of Mechano's special mana points. I recommend that this bug should be fixed.

I start to see some TXT_ stuff on some of the tech's info before you select your next research. Most of them are from "Hired units".

when I launch the launcher, I always get this "notset\privatemaps" issue that pop up. there is no "notset\" folder.

That is not a bug, nor an issue. Your Adeptus and Techpriests units gain spells from the four Mana School techs. One of them (Alteration or Divination) grants Dispel, which allows you to wipe the node. It is not a bug, has never been a bug, and indeed has existed in this form as long as the Mechanos have been in RifE.

Known, just missing textkeys.

Your RifE folder is readonly, clear that setting from the folder and the error will vanish.

Known issue, trying to fix it.

That is not a bug, nor an issue. Your Adeptus and Techpriests units gain spells from the four Mana School techs. One of them (Alteration or Divination) grants Dispel, which allows you to wipe the node. It is not a bug, has never been a bug, and indeed has existed in this form as long as the Mechanos have been in RifE.

Known, just missing textkeys.

Your RifE folder is readonly, clear that setting from the folder and the error will vanish.

thank you, I forgot about that dispel magic! :lol:

Top Bottom