Rise of Mankind 2.81 feedback and bug reports

All Earth's continents were populated 40 000BC :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know; but since the game starts at 6000 BC, there's no sense it trying to simulate something that would have happened 34000 years earlier. I guess if you wanted realism though, you could give civilizations with the seafaring trait a better than normal chance of surviving the storms. ;)

Yeah, I know; but since the game starts at 6000 BC, there's no sense it trying to simulate something that would have happened 34000 years earlier. I guess if you wanted realism though, you could give civilizations with the seafaring trait a better than normal chance of surviving the storms. ;)
That's true... I guess I should just include your ocean travel module as optional since some like it when they are limited to discovering the new world after they find Astronomy. Keeping the mod fun for everyone is a difficult task. Hmm, I can't remember how ocean travel was handled in BtS...

That's true... I guess I should just include your ocean travel module as optional since some like it when they are limited to discovering the new world after they find Astronomy. Keeping the mod fun for everyone is a difficult task. Hmm, I can't remember how ocean travel was handled in BtS...

It would also be nice if you disabled "No Random Events" option from the custom game setup, since it's rather exploitable.

PS. Did you see the feature sound effect tag I got added to RevDCM 2.7? You better make use of it for storms, I added it just for you. ;)

PS. Did you see the feature sound effect tag I got added to RevDCM 2.7? You better make use of it for storms, I added it just for you. ;)
Haven't read the changelog yet... that's cool, nice to get that feature working :)

ORLY? Antarctica was settled in 40,000BCE? :rolleyes:
:crazyeye:

Well yeah. What do you think modern day penguins are? They're the mutated descendants of the original British settlers, adapting to their environment. (Why British, you say? Who else wears such nifty suits all the time!)

I'm developing a RoM modmd, so I'm running Civ in debug mode.
The attached Python exception traceback call stack pops up sometimes when I just play with the game. (My modmod is not running just RoM with AND. I think the excaption came from BUG part of RoM). Hope with this a potential bug can be repaired.

Your stack trace looks alot like the one I had. What stopped me from going forward was that the stack errors never mentionned a method/function in the c++ files.

If you have any luck or ideas on how to fix it would you tell me ? I'd appreciate it alot. Thanks

PS : I have posted that my winXP, 4 gig of DDR2 RAM, Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz and Nvidia 9800GTX+ was crashing alot when playing a Huge or Gigantic map in this mod. I have come to the conclusion (having tested RoM 2.81 on my new laptop) that my WinXP's memory limit of 3 gig may be causing the game to crash. So far I have played like 10 games on my Athlon X64 QL-65 processor, 4 gigs of RAM and HD3200 on Windows 7 and I have had no problems what so ever.

Well yeah. What do you think modern day penguins are? They're the mutated descendants of the original British settlers, adapting to their environment. (Why British, you say? Who else wears such nifty suits all the time!)

:goodjob: awesome joke

Hi!
So I downloaded the Mega version of the mod, installed it, then installed the 2.81 patch. Also my BTS is fully patched to 3.19. I have 4GB RAM AMD 9500 CPU and a Nvid GeF 9600 512 MB video card. I use win vista business 32Bit. I don't have non-english chars in my game path or my docs folder, and I run the game as administrator. I never had any crashes/problems with my Civ and it always loads fast, but when I load the mod, it loads for like a minute, and when I click on Single Player it loads for about another 15 secs and then I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Also I noticed that if I click on Civilopedia or View Hall of Fame the game does nothing. And I really mean nothing, no crash no nothing, the background animation and the music continues and nothing happens. Screenshot attached.
Please help me, the mod really seems to be worth playing. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• civrom crash2.jpg
    civrom crash2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 108
:lol::lol::rotfl:That was great!

Hi,

I can’t get this mod to work :(

I have listed what I try to play.
Civ: Viking
Map type: Random
Map size: Gigantic
Game speed: Epic

The game is starting to load. When it’s done and the game should start it crashes to desktop :confused:

Cheers/
Niklas

Have you updated to BTS 3.19? Where is the mod located, what folder?

Hi!
So I downloaded the Mega version of the mod, installed it, then installed the 2.81 patch. Also my BTS is fully patched to 3.19. I have 4GB RAM AMD 9500 CPU and a Nvid GeF 9600 512 MB video card. I use win vista business 32Bit. I don't have non-english chars in my game path or my docs folder, and I run the game as administrator. I never had any crashes/problems with my Civ and it always loads fast, but when I load the mod, it loads for like a minute, and when I click on Single Player it loads for about another 15 secs and then I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error. Also I noticed that if I click on Civilopedia or View Hall of Fame the game does nothing. And I really mean nothing, no crash no nothing, the background animation and the music continues and nothing happens. Screenshot attached.
Please help me, the mod really seems to be worth playing. Thanks in advance.

Try 2.8Lite 1st, then patch it to 2.81. Test to see if it will start. If it does and you can play. Then try 2.8Full patched to 2.81. Again test. If successful stay with it as you system will most likely continue to have problems with Mega2.8. You may want 50 civs in a game but your computer doesn't.

JosEPh :)

I've dl the full version of the mod and patched to 2.81. BtS also have the right patch.

A number of different units are all missing their textures(they are pink).

I've found out that all the pink units are missing entries in the civilopia, so it'll be easy to find all the units with this problem, even those I haven't encountered yet.

I haven't enabled the 'animation frozen' which the FAQ explains could be the problem.
I've tried to find a solution to the problem on the forum, but all I've been able to find out is that they apparently can't find the files needed, not how I can make sure they can find the files.

Since I can't upgrade the pink units and it's difficult to tell them apart(and not exactly appealing to look upon), I would really like to solve this problem. So any help that might be given will be appreciated

-Gubbie

That sounds like a faulty installation. Are you sure you've installed the mod to the Civ IV/BtS/Mods/RoM directory?

Yes, it's in the right place, I've also tried to reinstall
And I've tried to re dl, just in case that was the problem

Folder is named "Rise of Mankind" ? Modfiles are directly in that folder, no extra RoM/Rise of Mankind named subfolder ?

Also, I would try to start a new game with Standard Mapsize first so see if everything works ok. Giant and Gigantic mapsizes can cause problems, even on new PCs.

The folder can only be named Rise of Mankind. A New Dawn fits into that folder, as does the 2.81 patch.

Top Bottom