Role Play Challenge: Stalin's Iron Fist!

Nice! Why don't you try another Conquest OCC sometime? Perhaps as Justinian I on a STANDARD sized map?

Possible rules:
Must only allow Christianity as the last religion on Earth, thus you should beeline Theology and Theocracy (Religions that spread to Constaniople prior to this must be removed with WB and no religious buildings may be built)
A coastal start for a more interesting twist
The Hagia Sophia should try to be built (should be easy considering Theology would be beelined)

Again, I would not play it for quite a well as you just finished Stalin, but it could be interesting :)

I think there is one more OCC game on the RPC horizon. I plan to play as Limcoln for a definite peaceful win. I plan to rename Washington as New York, the greatest city on earth!!!!!!

But this game shall be very near the end of my RPC marathons, probably third from the end!

Churchill?!?!?!.."You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory - victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."
And my all time favorite, "...we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"
So MadScientist...
"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will say, "This was their finest hour." or RPC, whatever the case may be, look forward to it.
Carry on Governor...

YEs, Yes, Yes!!! You have the spirit of the RPC already!!! We shall never surrender!

This was a pretty fun OCC, not to hard really if you got the techadvantage, even without Iron. In my game I decided to save little Liz for last, por girl, didn't get past Muskets.... ;) Only Ragnar was a bit hard in my game, I thought him too far behind but he managed to expand into Hannibals/Joaos lands and did get to Rifles and Cavalry. It took a while and a whole lot more troops than I figured I'd need to break him down, many russian Cossacks died in the Viking war.

A very well played game, once you started attacking not stopping until there was no one left to attack.
a great advert for OCCC!

One point With National Park, (and pre-railroad) Preserves are Better than Lumbermills

Preserve=+1 hammer (Citizen) + 1 with A.W. Priest or Engineer slots
Lumbermill=+1 hammer + 1 with Railroad

870 AD conquest victory.

Attack order: Elizabeth (attacked after Ragnar had declared on her)
Hannibal
Ragnar declares once I had a city of Hannibal down, so I shifted my attention, left Ragnar with a single city in the far south.
Took Joao down.
Joined attack on Hannibal/Ragnar (Vassal)

Built 27 WEs total, and some 14 cats and 10 trebs. I researched towards Construction first, started cats, researched HBR, built some WEs, and started killing people. Got the Wall, Henge, Mids, Oracle (MC), ToA, HG, Great Library, from the top of my head.

It felt like a breeze, I usually don't play marathon but quick, so war was easy. (Though the general pace of the game was sloooooooow). War Elephants (Barracks + Stable + 2/3 instructors) really kick some behind.

After HBR I went towards Machinery - Engineering. I skipped Civil Service and CoL until late in the game.

Digging an old thread up from the grave, but that's ok since it was before I was all that active on the forums. I just went back and shadowed this because it was a short OCC game - totally a fun one. Not that spoiler is needed at this point, but just in case...

Spoiler :
Don't think I've ever fought 4 wars at once in an OCC! I thought of trying to choke all 4 AIs at once, but didn't think I could pull it off - big mistake, I guess, as I read through and saw someone win in the early ADs. I won in 1900 by simply staying out of wars and building almost every early wonder to speed toward cossacks. Built 25 cuirassiers/knights, and used the gold from my settled prophets to upgrade.

Hit 3 of the 4 AIs before rifling and devastated them, pillaging land left and right. Only Rags I couldn't get to, so ended up having to wait until artillery for him ultimately, but then blew him away. The culturespamming capital:

Some of these RPCs are a total blast to replay - fun to raze 49 AI cities (including several in the same spot I had razed before).

Top Bottom