Role Play Challenge, The Next Generation: Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant

Why does the medic have flanking promotions? They're only useful when attacking, and I'd be terrified of attacking with my medic :eek:

Personally, I like to use my medic unit to take out the last unit in a city, but only if it's been reduced enough to get 95+% odds (total with Flanking/Tactics promotions). With leadership you get at least 2XP per kill, quickly creating an über-medic. It's not like their healing ability is reduced if they're not at full power.

Actually I am thinking of trying to get our Medic III unit to get all of the Great General Only promotions. Next is leadership.

95%+ still means one chance in 20 of dying; I guess I'm too cowardly!

After I bombard a city and take out all but the last unit, my medic usually has >99.9% odds. I like building up the most powerful general in the world though, so even if it's ~96% I'll take the chance. Just make sure you have extra units to follow him in and prevent a counter-attack.

Actually I am thinking of trying to get our Medic III unit to get all of the Great General Only promotions. Next is leadership.

I generally find Morale's +1 movement useless on the medic. Combat VI as well. You don't really want your medic defending the stack, which the Combat line will usually have him do. (Luckily mounted units don't get defensive bonuses). Tactics, Leadership, and Medic III are where it's at for Great General Only promotions.

Unfortunately, the downside to mounted units is they don't have a lot of promotions. After Leadership I'd go March, Cover, Charge, then maybe Morale. Archers generally won't attack your stack, but they're often the last ones standing in a city, so Cover is a good promotion. Siege units can't kill your general unless he's attacking, so that's what Charge is for. The other two... screw it. Why not?

I generally find Morale's +1 movement useless on the medic. Combat VI as well. You don't really want your medic defending the stack, which the Combat line will usually have him do. (Luckily mounted units don't get defensive bonuses). Tactics, Leadership, and Medic III are where it's at for Great General Only promotions.

I find morale much more useful on a medic. Having the 3-move medic means that I can shuttle him between stacks to heal. Often with the extra move, you can make it through even enemy territory to be able to get between stacks. Otherwise it can take forever to catch up.

I always use my super medic to get the last easy kills, I usually end up with a blitz, morale, strength 1-6, march, heal 3, pinch and some variable amounts of drill in my, by that time, super helicopter/cavalry.

The blitz part, along with the ability to ride along with tanks, is extremely handy against anti tanks, and well.. everything else really, it usually ends up being stronger than anything, being capable of taking a city without planes or artillery bombing it to shreds, if it were not for the fact that helicopters can't capture cities :(

Sid Meier, The Civilized Tyrant: Letters from Egypt

Addressed to the Noble Sid Meier,

Kind sir, obvious this war has been a mistake from the beginning. Somehow the peace loving civilization has upset the mighty Civfanatics empire and I wish to readdress any misunderstandings. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM KILLING EGYPTIANS.

I know trust is always so important for such a distinguished leader as yourself, so I prostrate myself at you feet as a willing vassal and offer the wonderful technology of metal casting whereby you can construct Triemes to rule the seas and blasksmith forges which I asure you will increase your productivity and bring additional happiness from your precious metals and gems.

I merely suggest that perhaps you are being misled by the miscreants called the Civfanatics who want nothing more than to entertain themselves at your suffering and expense.

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Your handservent in Waiting, Hatshepsut.

Response to The Queen of Egypt

Lovely Hatshepsut, I understand and appreciate the gesture. Surely my days (and nights!) would be much sweeter with your eternal company. Any wise and good king would certainly accept such an offer.

HOWEVER, I am NOT a good King and my wisdom has been questioned in the past. In addition the insults to the wonderful Civfanatic community was quite rude. Perhaps accurate, but rude nevertheless.

I feel I have no choice but to simply take the last Egyptian cities and place them under proper management, for the admiration of my fellow computer geeks in much preferable to the lovely womanly charms of a grand Egyptian Queen.

So for now, farewell

Sid Meier, future God of the World.

As Hatty was seen fleeing towards the NorthEast to find any refuge from the rampaging Civfanatic army, Sid shed a tear of disappointment but quickly recovered and placed Shyuhe in Charge of the former Egyptian Capital.

At the same time the Maori statues were completely in the City of KMadCandy which is to be the major producer of the Civfanatic navy, especially once Sid finished researching metal casting.

Addressed to Kig Sid, Mighty of all rulers on this earth

My higness Sid, I implore you to reconsider this campaign, for it is not too late to heal the wounds that have torn our peaople apart.

I beg you sir, for there is nothing I will not do to save the peoples of Egypt.

Hatshepsut, Ultimate Damsel in Distress

To the Eternally Beuatiful Hatshepsut of Egypt

TIME TO DIE MADAME!

So ended the empire of Egypt, as the last city was given to the governance of Vicawoo. Hatshepsut cast herself into the sea as the armies approach, for the brutality of the Civfanatic community was well known. Her remains were never found.

Onto more imprtant matters, we finished

And peaked at the tech situation.

Giulgamesh and Stalin are chumps and Mao begins to pull away a bit. Time to start righting the economy and leverage the Financial Trait, UB, and empire size to our advantage. War-Mongering is put on the backbruner for now.

The latest Great General was settled in

With Vassalage our Navy all comewith 2 promotions.

Mao offers us a trade

While we proceed down the MAchinery path to be followed by Civil Service.

And while Sid stubbornly awaits a Great Prophet from the City of Mad Scientist you can all see that the City of Neal will eventually make an excellent GP farm.

I think our chief military city will be one of the internal cities to avoid any early Amphibious assaults as the City of TheMeInTeam simply will not cut it, adequate early on but the future lies internally.

At long last, the long Awaited Great Prophet emerges from the City of MadScientist

Who builds

Which helps to start righting the economy. That and a whole lot of courthouses being whipped.

Once Machinery was finished, we were faced with these potential techs to research

Which is where Sid saved to ask his counsil of Civfanatics what to do next. Civil Service for maces seams about right, however a fast research of Literature can open up a few key national wonders.

Understand that we do have a slightly overwhelming stack lingering on the Russian Border

And note that Both Stalin and Mao "Have Enough on Their Hands!" Frankly I am certain Stalin vassals to Mao if we attack, not that we care that much.

But how is the Civfanatic empire doing?

Gilgamesh is a vassal of Mao, and you can see we are the least popular amongst the leaders.

Techs are

A concern as Mao has Maces/Pikes/Trebs/Knights to out Numidians and war elephants.

Demographics show

That we are doing very well in Land, soldiers, food, and production. However we need to increase gold and beakers.

And the Cities

So where does Sid go now???

Attachments

• Sid Meier AD-1190.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
There's no direct border with Mao, if I remember correctly ?

Then
  • leverage your traits as planned
  • build a suitable (defensive) navy (I suppose you're on it ;) )
  • Kill Stalin regardless of consequences

If Mao declares, you'd be able to capture Tianjin and (incidentally :D) raze Lagash to get rid of that annoying sumerian motherland:mad:

Shouldn't you name the GG's after Civfanatics members also?

Unless he reserved the most warmongery players for the GG's I don't see why.

VOTE: Another_Pacifist for the Super medic.

So where does Sid go now???
James Hetfield taught me once, that to secure peace, is to prepare for war!

Preparation is the key. You must build up the economy first, maybe also using caste system for a while so Neal can pop out some babies. Supporting an army is costly, but an army at war is costlier which you can't afford now, so bide your time and dispand the odd unpromoted unit. Prepare for DOW from a bribed Stalin, and watch Maos power numbers.

Open borders with Giggles and buddy up to Mao and Stalin, trying to sell or gift chinese techs to Russia, and sumerian techs to China.

When cities come online with basic specialization, it's clubbing time. Build lots and lots of siege weapons, and extra horsies, and smack the Chinese Kingdom to kingdom come, bringing Stalin in on the deal if possible.

Be sure to build a massive fleet to protect you seafood, and to sail out and meet some strangers. Cothons everywhere!

Alternative: Kill Stalin and raze his cities! You'll catch up later.

VOTE: Another_Pacifist for the Super medic.

I agree...

In the meantime, Mad, you should build up the economy. Build your military too, but don't start hemorrhaging funds. We already had one Satan game, and that was enough ;).

And where's Sis's city?

Loved the communication with Hatty. :lol:

Prepare your navy for a Mao attack by sea while building your economy. Mao is only one of 7 leaders who have a 20% for WarPleased. What that actually means, I'm not sure, but I do know Mao is one of the least trustworthy bastards in the game. Luckily his unitprob is only 25%, and the naval barrier keeps his legion of spies away from you.

economy is the key. Id spend your time for a while now consolidating your economy, so that your more competitive in the tech race, a massive horde is good, but against cutting edge units its much less worthwhile, and with mao pulling away it doesn;t take one long to wonder whats going on over the wide blue seas. Where human inteference may not have slown the techrace.

You sould also start getting a navy up and running, sure you have stalin to kill but once he's done and dusted you want to have the ability to conquer the infidels as soon as possible (and defend from raiders) instead of having to waste valuable time building ships. (and besides you might be able to scout out mao's lands in the interim before you kill stalin.)

maybe beeline to optics so you can trade and catch up w/ Mao.

Oh Great Sid...

Let us be more philosophical now, and try make it for some (Funny enough Philosophy) its a nice trading tech... and it grants further acces to what we appreciate so much... Liberalism... and a free tech... :D

I think you allso should go ahead and find a new Capital, not that the Grand city of MadScientist is bad but, centraizing the Nervecentral of this great empire will ease our pressed economy for now. And you might find a better candidate to run Bureaucracy in...

Allso, starting a war now will further cripple our "relations" with the other, socalled leaders.

Hail - McThomas...

I think you allso should go ahead and find a new Capital, not that the Grand city of MadScientist is bad but, centraizing the Nervecentral of this great empire will ease our pressed economy for now. ...

Bah, How can Sid expect to win without the best Civfanatic player controlling the capital :rolleyes:

Seriously, I already built the Forbidden Palace mid-continent so the advantage of moving the capitla is sort of lost. Also I am not really planning on swapping out of Vassalage until I can utilize the draft.

Top Bottom