Roll to Dodge - Help NC Get Out of Bed Edition

I speak thus to Takhisis: "Watch out for any underhanded tactics from this guy, ref."

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation)
Underhanded Tactics (When in a Most Honourable Pillow Fight, a successful hit will cause 1d6% Honour damage on himself and twice that amount to his opponent)

My Bushido does not tolerate such behaviour!

(Unless, as explained in Shōgun, if you win)

I decide to become one with the fire and transform into a fire elemental. Since I am in the kitchen I also become a good elemental so the mix of the two is a flaming hot Cheeto elemental.

I summon my Stand, Mr Γ, to publicly discuss modeWAHtor action with me in front of the mod

I enjoy a quiet bus journey free from anything unusual

Had a terrible morning, one day I will get better at this I swear.

I single-handedly destroy the city of Beijing

18: You instant transmission, flying over the top of Beijing and use your Buddhism powers to charge a spirit bomb. Unless you choose to stop or are interrupted, you will destroy Beijing with your spirit bomb by the end of next turn.

The previous Dalai Lamas beg you to stop as this will likely cause WW3 and a nuclear apocolypse, destroying Tibet in the process.

Upon detecting raw DBZ energy amassing above the city, the Peoples' Liberation Army scrambles fighters. ROLL TO DODGE!!!

5: You get shot by some bullets (-12 HP) and dodging a bunch of freaking aircraft is disrupting your concentration (spirit bomb charging will take an extra turn).

The world enters DEFCON 2. No Coup or Realignment rolls are permitted in Europe, Asia, or the Middle East.

I extend my Absolute Terror field and obliterate MSSG#3’s defenses and go in for the kill!

(1) 4: Problem is that someone else's dream is basically one big Anti-AT Field. It all comes tumbling down! You undergo mental anguish from the revelation (-27i HP) and start leaking orange juice (-3i HP/turn) and your (dream) AK-47 dematerialises.

Two MSSG agents jump you! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

1: MSSG#3 takes the opportunity to riddle you with bullets, taking out most of your remaining health (-42i HP). You are in extreme danger of dying (in the dream) and need desperate (dream) medical attention.

14: You manage to dodge MSSG#4's bullets, restoring some confidence in your AT field (+5i HP). You still are in need of desperate help though.

Calmly open a window and hop down to the ground.

2: Yeah, that window was a little too high, not a great idea. -20 HP and you break most of your bones (-1 to physical movement).

OOC: It's TakhIsis with an I, Mr. NinjaCow.

IC: Bushido is the solution to all problems. Being called upon to act as referee in a samurai duel has awakened my bushido.

Apologies, Mr Takhisis.

12: Bushido is indeed the solution to all problems! Your Bushido powers awaken (+1 to problem solving next turn).

I speak thus to Takhisis: "Watch out for any underhanded tactics from this guy, ref."

(2) 2: The problem with Sasaki Kojirō (no relation)'s tactics is that they are technically not dishonourable, they rub up as close to the rules as they possibly can without actually breaking them. He's really good at being a Heel. Unfortunately, if you had read the rules of Pillow Fighting you would know that accusing someone of breaking the rules without a referee is against the rules, so Takhisis is forced to inflict a severe honour penalty upon you (-80% Honour).

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation) comes in for the attack! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

10 (10): Sasaki Kojirō purposefully misses the attack because having the duel end due to a referee saying that you broke the rules would be the lamest ending to your rivalry he could possibly think of. "Stop yapping and start wapping!" He taunts.

I decide to become one with the fire and transform into a fire elemental. Since I am in the kitchen I also become a good elemental so the mix of the two is a flaming hot Cheeto elemental.

18: (Swear warning) don't mess with me, I've got the power of God and anime Cheetos on my side! You become a flaming hot Cheeto elemental, being on fire is a good thing now (+5 HP/turn when near flame, immune to fire damage, -1 to defending against water based attacks), you are doused in Holy Flames so Jesus likes you (+1 to Christian actions) and you are endorsed by PepsiCo (+1 to PepsiCo approved actions).

Jesus Christ and the PepsiCo board members warn you of SouthernKing's plot to destroy Beijing! Everyone might die in a nuclear war and PepsiCo has hundreds of millions of dollars in assets in China! You've got to stop him! (Quest Acquired: Stop SouthernKing!)

I enter myself into a conveniently located half marathon.

(4) 6: Turns out you're more of a sprinter than a long distance runner. You fail to finish the marathon and are a bit winded (-1 to physical actions next turn).

I summon my Stand, Mr Γ, to publicly discuss modeWAHtor action with me in front of the mod

(1) 2: "Mr Γ!" you scream, activating your stand.

"Oh ho, you're also a stand user? I guess I'll have to take this more seriously then." The CFC Moderator does a JoJos walk and takes his shirt off behind a pillar. "This is a test. Wouldn't you agree, DoubleA?" The CFC Moderator actually turns out to be none other than Thunderfall himself! He now radiates power and starts recovering his faith (-5% Faith/turn penalty evaporates!) He then shouts out the name of his stand, "FEEL THE THUNDER!" and his Tommy Gun transforms into an electric God! Thunderfall goes in for the attack! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

(5) 3: "PDMA PDMA PMDA!!!" Feel the Thunder screams as he goes rapidly inflicts a stand rush upon you, lightning flying everywhere. You have no idea what the stand does exactly, but damn it smarts (-15 HP). Such a beautiful image of righteous infraction restores Thunderfall's faith to full!

I use dream logic to make Yev's bazooka explode in her hands

10: You're not completely lucid dreaming yet, so you can't do that. However, your aggressive action convinces Lucina to attack Crezth. ROLL TO DODGE!!!

(19) 18: Unfortunately, Crezth is lucid dreaming at this point. Crezth avoids the attack through reality bending, she also stops leaking orange juice and her AT field starts to re-establish itself (+10i HP/turn, +1 to defence, +33i HP).

I enjoy a quiet bus journey free from anything unusual

1: Silly Rosie, you're riding public transport in 2020, that's a guaranteed formula for something utterly bizarre to happen! A wild Kars, the Ultimate Lifeform, attacks! ROLL TO DODGE!!!

(19) 18: Luckily, you manage to escape the bus and run into the relative safety of Beds R Us as Kars is promptly distracted by Joesph Joestar and stops aggroing you. You are utterly rattled by the experience, however (-2 to next roll).

****************​

I materialise some popcorn and watch the stand battle that has spontaneously erupted in front of me.

MSSG#2 recovers and readies an attack for next turn.

The holding robot informs Red_Spy that the emergency department will be available at the end of the turn.

The fire spreads into the big bedroom! Everyone still in the house has to ROLL TO DODGE (except LordArgon)!!!

Takhisis: 19: Takhisis enters a Bushido trance to avoid getting hurt! Next fire roll made by Takhisis <11 will be treated as an 11!

Omega: 3: Damn girl, you're a heavy sleeper! Even as a large piece of rubble bounces off of you (-15 HP), you fail to be stirred! (-2 to intentionally waking up until the next fire roll).

Crezth: 20: The chaos of the burning house immediately awakens you and you expertly dodge out of the way of burning rubble. While your awful dream experience has carried over (Stress 55%), your AT field recovery has also transferred across (-9% Stress/turn). Also your survival instincts kick in a big way (no penalties from high Stress while attempting to escape the house, +2 to escaping the house).

MSSG stands down and Megan's subconscious calms down a little bit, although the injured MSSG agents really didn't help all that much (-1% Integrity, Megan: +1 Calm). Also Lucina stands down.

Catharsis: 3: You are licked by the flames, taking -25 HP and being lit on fire (-5 HP/turn).

Sasaki Kojirō (no relation): 20: "Ha ha ha, things are not looking so good for you, hero! Soon I shall be Shogun of all of Dream Japan!" Unless Catharsis can find a way to turn things around, he will lose the pillow duel next turn! Can Catharsis turn things around? Find out tomorrow on R2D Z!

Next turn the flames will completely engulf the Big House!

Last edited:
I find a new bed.

Well, I am on the ground so I don't have to do the stop and drop part of being on fire. So just roll to try to stop being on fire.

In the style of hit-character Aku from Samurai Jack, I tear open a portal in reality to wherever the hell Rosie is.

Waluigi uses Wah! It turns out Thunderfall actually infracted himself, not me.

I ask Ninja (as his duty as the OOC person running this game), is there really any difference between being consumed by the flames of this house, versus being consumed in the nuclear fire that SK is likely going to cause? I shall remain sleeping, and I'll be fine with it.

I ask Ninja (as his duty as the OOC person running this game), is there really any difference between being consumed by the flames of this house, versus being consumed in the nuclear fire that SK is likely going to cause?

If this is an OOC question then that's 100% up to the dice. Although dying won't be the end of the game either way, I can promise that.

With the divine revelation from the son of God and from the Pepsi people, I use my Cheeto substitution ability to swap places with a Cheeto in Beijing.

My Bushido tells me that, in order to regain honour, Catharsis must capture the avatar, i.e. SouthernKing.

My action for this round is to declare that the duel must honourably continue outside the fire. I shall referee from such a position, and assist the fire corps who are arriving outside.
If this is an OOC question then that's 100% up to the dice. Although dying won't be the end of the game either way, I can promise that.
OOC: Problem Sleuth-style HYPE!

No, it was meant as a philosophical question to ask you as an action :p

I was just specificing I was asking you, versus asking your GMPC, because I can't actually talk to said GMPC since I am sleeping.

OOC: can't you be extract yourself from the dream? I don't remember how it was done in Inception.

Top Bottom