Rome II: Total War Confirmed

I play SS exclusively, and it doesn't appear to fix the cavalry's sluggishness.

Try patching it and getting the Kingdoms expansion.

Even better get a mod like Stainless Steel.

I do have Kingdoms, but it didn't seem to do anything... :/

Oh well, I don't really play Med II 'cause my computer is a piece of crap.

The article is from 2007.
Yeah it is from 2007.
I'd really love if this was Shogun 2.

I wish they did RTW2. Hopefully one for the future.
They'll doubtless come back to it sooner or later, it's too marketable an era not too. That's why I'm glad they've done Shogun 2, actually- that's a period they could quite easily overlook. Even now, if there wasn't a "2" there, it seems quite unlikely that they'd be doing it.

But they have almost nothing in common.

Let's hope this one won't disappoint like E:TW and M2:TW. Personally I'm inclined to think TW games are the best when melee infantry is involved and the focus lies there, in terms of game play.

The main weakness of M2TW is that cavalry, which had historically DOMINATED the field of battle, actually suck. Or at least appear to suck (they're SO SLOW, and charging looks like walking T.T ) and therefore are quite unsatisfying to use.

That was more the fault of the devs screwing up in RTW. :p

Actually, I dominate with cavalry. That might be due to the fact that I´m so good with using cavalry (light and heavy) in pitched battles - Occasionally, I need to recruit Infantry mercenaries just so I can use siege equipment! :lol:

I agree. Cavalry is insanely powerful in RTW and only ridiculously powerful in M2TW.

Top Bottom