1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RPG: Recruitment Center

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Black_Hole, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

Noldodan hears the proclomation, "Im going off on a small 'scouting' exercise through babylon territory, this is the first test for our recruits. Who wishes to come with me?"

"Babylon, eh? I certainly owe them one..." Then he speaks up, "You're going to Babylon? I've got certain... skills you can use. All I request is that I can leave anytime I want. Alright?"

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

"I will be happy to join, on this mission" BCLG proceeds to look BH in the eye "just dont expect me to sign up for the army, there are bigger things" BCLG walks off gripping his katana.

3. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

OOC: Katana won't be invented until Chivalry, IIRC.

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well i would have said sword but 'BCLG walking away grabbing his sword' may have sound just a bit weird :D

5. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

OOC: Blackhole...you there?

OOC: BCLG100 - sorry If I sounded too nitpicky :(

6. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

With Bars and Spa Resorts (both with restaraunts), medieval sporting tourneyments, and Samurais everywhere, I'd say we were pretty close to Katanas.

There was an initial thought that maybe we should do the RPG in medieval times only. I still like this idea. It allows us to be the best of Japan without amy bizzare events. Maybe we could parallel the tech tree from Chivalry on?

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Yer the Middle Ages were the best part of Japanese Culture in IMHO and limited knowledge of course,

@MSTK nah i wasnt that bothered :D

8. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

OOC: Im really busy(with school projects), and i just got out of the emergency room for passing out and turning white(not fun...) so ill be behind for a bit
    In story:
    Anyone who wants to can come, we depart tomorrow night at around 7! Gather equipment and meet me here, ill have weapons for anyone who doesnt have one. Also bring camoflagued or black clothing, it will help greatly.

9. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Black_Hole, his cadets, and some people that want to get revenge from babylon ;) are on there way. It is late night and BH senses the coolness of that particulular night. "I hope you got some rest, as we will not stop until reaching babylon!" he says to the people following him. It was nearing midnight and they spotted some babylonian farms and decided to take a short break.

10. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

BlackHeart takes a quick survey of the Babylonian farms.

"Hmm maybe they have some nice healthy meat for dinner."

BlackHeart heads off from the main party and heads for one of the smaller Babylonian farms. When he gets there he notices that no one is home, which is quite puzzling. BlackHeart doesn't really care and goes straight for the chicken coops and grabs some chicken eggs and four healthy plump hens. He takes a tour around the property and thoroughly concludes that no one is home. He then heads back to camp to share his bountiful harvest with his fellow comrades.

11. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

(( Reporting for duty :D ))

12. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Blackheart returns with fresh food. We have a small feast in a nearby forest and then set on. We started spying on the babylonians and notice they have an archer more advanced then ours and we take some notes on it, and wonder how these archers would last in battle.

13. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

14. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

"I would like to get some of those Babylonians bows for a closer study."

15. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

OOC: We are going to storm the capital and steal secret documents :p , you guys can feel free to develop the story since i am kinda busy

16. Epimethius

Epimethius Wish I Hadn't Been Here

Er...a....delete.

17. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

OOC: Please add OOC: in front of that type of stuff, this isnt the place to request that someone japanize "hindsight"(I know all epi ;) ) just to make you participate in a story. Also if you wish to participate please create a character first. Thanks

In Story: The men(and women...) get black on to get ready to storm the capital's main office. "We must be careful" Black_Hole said, "they have many rock boobie traps. " They found the capital and are taking another break outside of it, it is 4 am.

18. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Ixosis rides into the camp on his warsteed. He looks around at the raw recruits. These men need a solid strategy to get into the capitol. He dismounts and finds Black_Hole planning an entry in his HQ tent.*

"Well Black_Hole, it seems as though you'll have some trouble getting in, as those bows will rip you apart if seen. I have brought with me a plan to get the documents with minimum contact."

*Ixosis unrolls a paper on the table, and it shows complete prints for the whole palace, and surrounding facilities.*

"I would like to volunteer to lead a small band inside, as I have been in the palace many times before, from my campaigns in the Roman Legions. There are numerous fake walls and hidden corridors, but also false floors and spike traps, not to mention many guards. But we can enter through the bath drains. From there we have access to the main hall, in which we will have to scale the pillars to the upper level. Upstairs there are 2 guard stations outside Hammurabi's room, where the documents are kept. Inside there are no guards as Hammurabi likes peace with his mistresses during the night. The documents are under the eigth floor tile from the top left foot of Hammurabi's bed. If you uncover the wrong tile you get a spear through your head. Anything you would like to suggest?"

19. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

"Do we have an escape route after storming the palace?... I'm all for storming the palace but maybe we should disguise ourselves so we do not appear to be Japanaticans. Blame this on the Romans or Iroquois!"

20. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Excllent Idea blackheart and civanator, there already is a small enough group of us for all of us to go, i like the idea of blaming it on the romans :D