RR1 -Bond no More !

Sorry, but I've got to ask for a belated skip. I control-tab crashed the game on the third turn and now Windows shuts itself off every time I try to run CIV, due to a "RMPC protocol." (Don't ask.) I've already re-installed BtS once but the problem persists. Looks like I'm headed for the first format-C on this comp. :wallbash:

Stupid computers... :badcomp:

Ok, glad you keep the game "running".

I'm already asking for a swap unless I can play friday (and friday night is squash night...) since I'm going to a tournament in the weekend...

First of all a big sorry for the delay. I had lots of lab work to do and I simply didn't go time :(

Anyway I got a war with a friend that we didn't wanted..... That would not take long to fix:
Spoiler :

I voted yes... not a fan of fighting infantry with rifles ( feasible but not easy ). And for another reason:
Spoiler :

I wonder what he meeans with that :p

And like a clock in the next turn:
Spoiler :

No rest for a old warrior ? :(

In spite of being in a good military shape, the fact that most of our army being in the other side of the empire meant that we probably would lose a city or two to the Pro rifles of SB. better to do that in our terms:
Spoiler :

We OFC that lost the city, but after 3 turns of cleaning up and with heavy casualties, we recaptured the city and finished SB SoD ( his power dropped from 1.1 to 1.6 )

We made some deals to cut the war :mad:
Spoiler :

Anyway it is getting to really high values.

Non-military news:
Spoiler :

And more cities for us:
Spoiler :

There is not much to say about what to do next. We should capture cahokia and poverty point and then vassal SB ( his other cities are not exactly good ). we should also go to communism and revolt to SP. and after some rebuild we'll be ready to smash the world ;)

mysty, smash the cuffing dude :p

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1816.CivBeyondSwordSave
    374.7 KB · Views: 58
Probabely a bit strange but the delay in this game was about the best thing that could happen to me.

Nice set (from what I see in the report). I will have NO chance AT ALL to play before next week or even to look at the save. If someone's fingers are itching, go ahead. Otherwise: Got It :smug:

I'll give it a shot (got it)

T0 - Nothing special

T1 - Biology finished, started researching commu. Moved our main stack near SB's capital, and our secondary stack closer to poverty point, also started building ironclads to counter their wooden ships.
Moved the slider to 40% so we don't lose too much GPT.

T2 - Started bombarding SB's capital, moved second stack one tile closer, next turn we will be at bombarding range. Also decided to trade some techs, bio to just for corporation, bio and mil trad to joao for commu, DeG is WFYABTA :mad: should've traded with him first (could've gotten us commu and physics)

T3 - Nothing special, kept on with the war business

T4 - GE born in Moscow, sleeping for now (save for pentagon maybe?) SB suicided some cannons :mad: 2 turns to heal. Next turn poverty point will be poor of culture!

T5 - Nothing special, next turn poverty point is down!

T6 - Poverty point is down, Cahokia next turn :devil:

T7 - Darius de-vassalise from SB, We gladly take Cahokia with minimal losses (2-3 cannons) even tho he had a machine gun! GG born and sent to moscow, which can 1-turn every unit, should we build WP there? that's more than 10 XP right out of the box! I sue peace with darius for some gold, and capitulate SB, with some gold to us aswell, we now have over 1000 so I crancked up the slider to 100% for 1 turn away from commu, instead of 3. Also got Oil from SB :)

T8 - Commu is in. I'm not so sure about what action can we take, I think we should heal back our troops and rush Just. Started working on AL, 13 turns to go, but with minimal gold loss. If we're going to workshop most of our tiles maybe we should switch to caste system aswell, for extra production on each tile. With forges and factories later, that's nothing to sneeze at.
Traded bio, mil trad, and two other techs which I can't remember for phys and combustion from darius, It was kinda unfair but I figured everyone have most of these techs anyway and darius is no threat at all to us. Couple of uranium pop in our borders if that's anything special.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0016.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0018.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 70
  • No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1832.CivBeyondSwordSave
    380.8 KB · Views: 69
That was fast ;)

IMHO we shouldn't had made peace with Darius, but what is done is done ( and the techs were nice )

Now we need to discuss civics. SP is quite a no brainer for us, slavery seems to be somewhat dated ( and the emancipation anger is quite high ).... the real point now is between FS and Nationhood and if we get out of Theo and for where.

Regardless most, I think that there is only a AI that can steal victory from us, that is Mr De Gaulle. I fear that he tries to go cultural.......

I want to get that game going again. Unfortounately I won't be participating in a squash tournament this weekend and will only have time on thursday. If you want to have any influence on my turnset, post your toughts :D

I don't see why the interest in this game is so low. I had 10 very exciting turns...

(IHT)
I butter up SB by making a DR - for Converting to buddhism trade.

I also spot this which desn't make me happy at all. DON'T leave units on go-to!! Especially since all our units seem to be on go to somewhere. I redirect every goto to form 2 stacks, a cossack stack more to the north and a cannon/gren/rifle stack to the south of our border.

I also settle our GE in Moscow

(1) IBT
Darius vassals to DeG...

(2)
Set SB to tech leccy... you can see, at this rate it takes him 26 turns...

(4) IBT
DeG comes with a demand. I have been rushing towards AL and don't want to take that hit... I see he's in WHEOOH (since this turn) and decide that he'll be after us anyway (worst enemy: SB) and I doubt he'll attack in 10 turns

Same IBT, darius comes to visit me too, and is told to leave instantly...

(8)
Our 2 stacks are ready. I declare war on Justinian and take the first city with our cossacks, with minimal losses

(9) IBT
We get a great random event:

Also, an AP vote comes up.

(9)
Second turn of the war, our 1MP - Stack reaches it's first target and kills around 15 infantry IIRC, with lots of support from the skies

(10) IBT
Another (this time pointless) RE:

Also the result of the election:

(10)
AL in, artillery selected.

And the cossackstack reached it's second target city:

---

I end here.

Just still refuses to talk, most likely because we had numerous losses since we were usually fighting with strenght 12/14/15 units agains str 20 units...

We need to keep an eye on DeG he'll most likely declare on us sometime.

I don't see the point in some of the infrastructure builds that were under construction (like a security buerau in a border city...) Most cities should be pumping out infantry now. Also, around Berlin there were 2 fish and clams not WBed...

I say we should turn research to 0% until we upgraded all our rifles and grens to infantry. Probabely we should also use the draft.

When WW mounts, we should make a (last) civic switch, to free speech, emancipation and state property.

Use airships to scout (in just land and to find DeG SOD). Otherwise use them to soften the defenders.

Just should be willing to surrender soon. We should take the first opportunity to capitulate him and move our troops back to the main empire to defend from a possible DeG attack. Also we shoul start building a navy to intercept enemy ships and transport our units to DeG (I assume he'll be our next target after just anyway).

Our army is in decent shape, I had some nice rolls when fighting those infantry.

Rolo says me Quotey's next up in line. Please finish this game guys. It's not like the game's boring or just mopping up y'know...

View attachment No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1852.CivBeyondSwordSave

We should probably not stop until we take the buddhist shrine, that's some good GPT.

I doubt we should keep the war up longer than needed. We don't want to lose our cities to de gaulle because we didn't have time to redirect our units (hint: Use Airships for scouting...), also build some destroyers so we can probabely intersect a SoD.

I'll be away this weekend, squash tournament. I'd like others to post comments as well btw.

I agree with both... we can't maintain a war with Infantries for too long without heavy losses, and considering that the french dude is with hands full, we should conserve strengths. OTOH that shrine looks yummy enough to deserve some casualties....

Hopefully we can get it and call him for vassal :D

Testing out a personal site in hopes that I don't need to use imageshack/CFC anymore for easiness. Please say if there are problems with images/save.

Turn 0 (296)

Wow, Moskva is such an amazing city by now.

Turn 4 (300)

A momentous occasion- I USE AN IRONCLAD!

I've never even built one before, but I smashed up a caravel and feel like a real man now.

Turn 6 (302)

Looks like DeGaulle's stack is in Paris.

Turn 7 (303)

A GM is born. Best use for him would be a GA, so I direct him to Moscow to be used when we feel like it.

Justin turns up with Tanks, and-- ohh!

Take it or not? We have a stack right next to Nicaea, but I'd take it anyway and move onto Joe whether Bignose wants to declare or not.

Save.

Pic work fine tough I'd like them rescaled (I rescale mine to 800*600 for those with 1024*768 I think. Photobucket can do that automatically to every pic uploaded).

I repeat myself, take the capitulation ASAP. Getting the shrine is very nice ofc.

With airships we might be able to find out quite precisely where DeG "plans" on landing his units. We won't be able to use them afterwards tough...

Do we have some destroyers and transports to bring units to DeG (should we survive the initial attack)?

My reasons for focusing on him is that a) we'll have to fight him anyway and he'll only advance further and b) we're quite save from joao with just as a buffer zone. We'll be able to attack joao later from to sides (us and justinian) so he'll just be mopping up.

No errors guys, I expect the most important turns are about to come... :D :hammer:

Looking at what we know about the French army, we should make sure that we have some AA at hand.

Who's up?

thought i posted a got but obviously didn't. so got it and played:lol::lol:

First decision was Nicaea, thuoght about it and finally decided to attack, lost 4 cannons and an infantry but

which bought another shrine to our expanding empire

Just still capitulated

We need to start teching again so i pumped research up to 60%, and then the AP vote came in again.

Close call but not enough

i sent the airships to the port cities and used them to scout each turn, at the moment DeG isn't doing anything

Artillery in and with SB teching Electricity for us started on flight

and then we had a GE born, i sent him of to Moscow

We have a revolt in Cahokia, i've sent some more troops there but we need to get more there to stop it flipping back to SB
although it was only seven turns i stopped here, now there are quite a few decisions to make.

we have two GPs, a GE and a GM, i would use the GE to build Mining Inc and save the GM either for a Golden Age or for Sids Sushi

if DeG is going for cultural he's along way to go, i think our best chance is to build the military up and go after Joao, we only need 44 more votes for a religeous victory or we could go for a dom victory... thoughts anyone

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1880.CivBeyondSwordSave
    385.1 KB · Views: 63
Top Bottom