RR1 -Bond no More !

I'd say go buddhist, attack biz, ignore SB, tech towards rifling/MT/mil sci/steel or so and take on some buddhists. The tech screen only supports that - Biz is advanced and SB likely a non-factor. We just need to get trading with Just/Joao/DeG. And get to know where Joao is!

Looking at the glance I would say that João is between Justinian and De Gaulle at our east.

I pretty much agree with mysty ( a rare thing regarding war issues :p ) Biz is by far our best target for the moment. We only have to clean Darius first and to extract some techs of him. Before that there is no reason to go Budhist ( we should get a monastery in our budhist city BTW ;) ).

To end: i don't know about you, but I kind of feel the lack of archery in here :lol:

r_rolo said:
I pretty much agree with mysty ( a rare thing regarding war issues )
So you have just been doing what I tell you without agreeing yourself? :p I know, life is hard.. ;)

We only have to clean Darius first and to extract some techs of him.
That's exactly the thing: How do we handle Darius? I won't play until I hear some ideas.

To end: i don't know about you, but I kind of feel the lack of archery in here
Most definitely agree :)

1- I am a reasonable person and I do know how to recognize if someone has a better idea than me ;)

2- IMHO we should continue to war until we capture the eastern cities. After that Darius is a non factor: not strong enough to bother in any way and not worth vassalizing.

1. Now THAT's a compliment :blush: :p

2. You're saying take the jewish shrine and the other non-crap city (horsetown or so), take peace for techs and let darius be (he'll most likely be DOWd soon by some other civ and either finished or vassalized, I hope for finished to get rid of the :mad:)?

Without looking at the save, the only good thing about Vasselizing Darius is we dont have to worry about expanding our newley captured cites BFC against Darius' culture.

I agree with rolo. Of course, it's always best to strive for total annihilation.

I simply said that we should only go for the useful cities and that it might not be worthwhile to lose time and hammers in the southern cities that are pure crap, besides access to incense ( that we would probably lose due to the cultural pressure ). Darius being alive or not is not a big issue now and we definitely don't need him as a vassal ;)

I guess I know what to do (and agree with our plan). Will play in ~12hrs when I'm sober again... :beer:

Damn, I just tried to play Civ and my computer froze, tried again a couple of times and same thing over and over again, apparantly something's wrong with the screen so I gotta send it to be fixed, it should be ok in a couple of days, until then I can't play, sorry.
BTW I say attack justinian before he has LB.

Played 10 turns

IHT
Settle the GE as there have been no other suggestions

Moscow isn't working the wheat. Change that.

Find some more MM - :smoke:

Switch to Buerocracy

(1) IBT
OB with DeG (forgot to do that last turn...)

(1)
View of the only Persian city I plan to capture

Switch to Buddhism

(2) IBT
Biz wants but doesn't get phants

(2)
Set research to fishing (now there's finally no anarchy anymore...)

(3)
Fishing > Sailing

St. Pete starts a monastery

(4)
Sailing > Machinery

DeG adopts FR :(

Darius shows us that AI has some serious flaws in battle

(5)
We're good at espionage ;)

Darius once again moves a lbow out, the two cats bombard defences down to 24% and I go ahead...

Battle for Ecbatana:
Flanking II phant kills a LB @ 22% (with 23% withdrawal chance)
Axe kills axe @ 66%
Axe kills spear @ 91% aaaaaannd....

It comes with a Granary, Lighthouse and a MI

After that I make peace with Darius

Next tech selected is Theology (only just has it)

(6)
We're now Biz' worst enemy (no more tech trading)

(7)
I spread buddhism in Moscow
Wheat near Moscow is now irrigated

(8)
Theology > Engineering
(AP would take 8 turns...)

Now it's trading-time:

I could've gotten archery from SB as well but didn't take it. Also I avoided trading around CS so Biz wouldn't get it but it seems he selfresearched it.

(9)
Justinian gets a GE...

(10)
... and rushes AP

I vote for Joao as just is a likely target

I also spread buddhism in Novgorod

---

This set was mostly about military buildup (all those units ricardo lost us :p), you'll find some :mad: from :whipped: but all cities are well away from :) cap.

Susa should be whipped for the court in 5 turns

We should switch to theo (now), but I didn't want another of my turns wasted on anarchy :p

Most AIs are in Military mode judging from the power graph. Also Just got feud (as expected). Biz unfortounately got CS. He had ~400g for several turns but now it's only about 200 or so so he'll have some maces around.

Do some begging, I forgot that...

info:
Spoiler :

Teching is ok. Eng in 4.

We need 5 more missionaries. Unfortounately there was no buddhism spread...

Power is recovering but AIs are doing pretty good.

Top cities shows the booty we'll get from biz or just.

Quotey, have fun :goodjob:

View attachment No espionage Stalin ;) 0920 ap. J.C.CivBeyondSwordSave

Fun? I don't know the meaning of the word, sir. Will build up millitary and fix mysty's MM.

Quotey said:
... and fix mysty's MM.
Now THIS is fun :p

BTW I don't think we need that many turns of buildup but should start cracking some heads.

Also, does DeG going FR affect our warplans? Justinian only has one more religious buddy - Joao - this makes him a more likely target, especially since Biz will have many maces now.

I still think that Biz is a better target, even if because his cap is stealing tiles from us ( stupid no espionage palaces with huge culture :gripe: ). Justinian should be hitting his UU too .... besides that I bet that if we wait he'll convert to christianity ( he has the shrine and all ).

My rough plan would be :

Rebuild Ex persia while moving army to Biz border to the north

Dow Biz

Dow Justinian

Dow sitting bull ( hopefully before rifles )

Dow João

Go to space :p j/k This is a bloody game unless something strange happens

I doubt just will go christianity b/c he also founded buddhism and has the shrine and it's more widely spread.

ex-persian cities have some problems with culture. You'll have to do something about it...

I'm fine with attacking biz. Units are in border cities or at least on the way there.

I declared on Biz and the same turn the AP asked to stop the war. The vote won unfortunately- I mean, I declared, why would they vote to stop it? Can I reload to defy it?

Which religion is the AP anyway? If the :mad: is minimal, feel free to reload and defy it

Or you can wait a turn and Dow biz after the AP vote call to avoid this :p

Knocking out SG3 today.

Turn 0 (156)

City MM looks fine...

Turn 1 (157)

APART FROM BUILDING A MACEMAN IN A CITY WITHOUT BARRACKS! Mysty, give yourself a stern word.

Turn 3 (159)

Engineering comes in and I select Paper but go to even science since it's not important. Iactually switch between 0% and whatever highest without a loss is throughout.

Turn 6 (162)

Trebs don't upgrade to cats? Nyeh.

Turn 7 (163)

Darius vassalises to SB.

Turn 9 (165)

Justin wants us to adopt Theo. I... ag... no. No.

Biz wants OB. I declare war on him.

Turn 10 (166)

SB demands 150 gold. WTF?

AP votes to end the war. Defy *gulp*

Turn 11 (167)

Paper comes in.

[19:57] Quotey: how about we decide it this way. if you guess who darius vassalised to we reearch education
[19:58] Ricardo: Hmmmmm
[19:58] Ricardo: biz? lol
[19:58] Ricardo: just kidding
[19:58] Ricardo: my bet would be De gaulle
[19:59] Quotey: wrong
[19:59] Quotey: SB
[19:59] Ricardo: sh*t
[19:59] Quotey: this chat is going in the report

Select PP.

Turn 12 (168)

My first, last and therefore only conquest of the round is Hamburg. I would have made a move towards Frankfurt but I lost some high odds battles.

NEED MORE TREBS. RAGGGHHH

Attachments

• No espionage Stalin ;) AD-1080.CivBeyondSwordSave
    214.4 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom