[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine--Act 3: Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
ı for one will still be here , be it the biggest victory in history ever , with Ukranian tanks in Siberia or like something impossible . Like you people will be offering personal asylum to Zelensky ?

I'm sure you can also somehow spin Russian retreats & defeats around Kharkiv, as a win.
I'm not spinning anything as a win.
You simply declared 62000 people will have to find a new job and was unable to confirm your wishful thinking :)

Nice read. I do not agree with all the points, but with the following absolutely:
https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1504103737668751360
Also a great point:

"Goal-oriented people think that if you want peace with Putin, you MUST make him absolutely 100% sure of your peaceful intentions. Assure him you'll never ever escalate, never strike back, never make him feel in danger. That's how you achieve peace under the goal-oriented paradigm"

"In the system-oriented paradigm it works exactly the other way around. The other side has agency, too. They are not stupid. They know you have much superior resources and the only reason they behave such recklessly is that you assured them you'll never ever use the force you have"

I'm not spinning anything as a win.
You simply declared 62000 people will have to find a new job and was unable to confirm your wishful thinking :)
I thought change in management in a business means workers need to find a new job? Especially when said business is pulling out of a nation.
Fact: Macdonald is pulling out of Russia
So how can people working under Macdonald keep their jobs?

Also a great point:

"Goal-oriented people think that if you want peace with Putin, you MUST make him absolutely 100% sure of your peaceful intentions. Assure him you'll never ever escalate, never strike back, never make him feel in danger. That's how you achieve peace under the goal-oriented paradigm"
I doubt there can ever be any peace with Putin, but a feigned one. He creates conflict wherever he can; that has been his modus operadei since he was elected the first time. As chief of the FSB he orchestrated terrorist bombings in Russia, blamed it on
Chechens and then started a false flag war in Chechnya. The reason we know this, is because three FSB agents were caught planting bombs in an apartment by local police in 1999.

As long as Putin is in power in Russia, there will be no peace in Europe.

blinken of the US State Department says the Finnish issue is solved . Some small arms embargo on New Turkey . Swedes sending in a team of diplomats . No assistance to terrorists is a claimed demand . 30 odd seperatists and Congregation wanted arrested for return to New Turkey .

It should be fun, but the game is for economies that don't each much meat relatively already.

yes, but

I had to look up meat consumption per capita to check whether all countries in the EU would indeed have a high enough level to enable savings All have on average more meat consumption than the on average 60 grams meat per day I was raised with until I was 20.
My mother bought 400 grams for a 6 person family and Saturday was pancakes or buckwheat porridge (with butter and syrup) and occasionally home made chicken soup or spaghetti with minced meat.
60 gr per day, or 22 kilo per year.
My main protein sources were potatoes, bread, oat porridge and skimmed milk. The result at 18 yeasrs old 1.94 meter with a 90 kilo muscled and very lean body.
That anekdotal info to get the goalposts back to what our species developed for in evolution.

Schermopname (1040).png

yes, but

I had to look up meat consumption per capita to check whether all countries in the EU would indeed have a high enough level to enable savings All have on average more meat consumption than the on average 60 grams meat per day I was raised with until I was 20.
My mother bought 400 grams for a 6 person family and Saturday was pancakes or buckwheat porridge (with butter and syrup) and occasionally home made chicken soup or spaghetti with minced meat.
60 gr per day, or 22 kilo per year.
My main protein sources were potatoes, bread, oat porridge and skimmed milk. The result at 18 yeasrs old 1.94 meter with a 90 kilo muscled and very lean body.
That anekdotal info to get the goalposts back to what our species developed for in evolution.

View attachment 628099

I cut up a 400 gram chicken fillet for two tonight. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow and I fed the cats as well with it.

Cool story from Spain.
Ukrainian refugee (or immigrant, not clear from the video) is complaining on Ukrainian TV for being mistreated by Spanish government.
Turns out she tried to attack legal action of commemorating Russian WW2 veterans, was detained by police and tried to resist arrest.
Now she has a criminal case opened against her for assaulting a policeman.

She labels Spain as Europe's "fifth column", being pro-Russian, that Spanish help to Ukraine and their refugees have been "laughable".
Quite fun to watch, but no English translation unfortunately.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
I don't think it is very realistic to see this as a chance for a more healthy lifestyle.
What worries me (apart from the general economic downturn, which in some places will make worse the existing one) particularly is that the public was never informed about the very likely results of this prelude to a world war. Do you think that most people are ok with losing (not just a couple of years, with covid etc) any prospect at a regular life, over another country?
If you answer yes, it is noble, but not realistic. I hope I can emigrate since I am fed up with the general misery and now war looming.

In most countries opinion building goes much faster than governments can take the lead.
That certainly happened with this invasion in Ukraine.
Remember that row of the Ukrainian ambassador of Germany with the German Minister of Finance Lidner ?
Some governments so up into their internal framework of thinking that they missed the weather change outdoor.
Here:
Andriy Melnyk, Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, said in an interview that German Finance Minister Christian Lindner was against supplying weapons to Ukraine or cutting Russia off the SWIFT messaging system after Russia launched the invasion on Feb. 24. Lidner thought Ukraine would collapse within several hours and was ready to talk to a puppet regime that would be installed by Russia, Melnyk told Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung. German Ministry of Finance denied the accusation in a comment to the Kyiv Independent.
https://kyivindependent.com/uncateg...g-ukraine-thought-it-would-fall-within-hours/
Where government and public opinion were alligned fast actions in word and deed were taken and other western governments joined at various paces of speed.

Your source doesn't say it's closing restaurants and laying off personnel. It's selling its business which is quite a different thing.

I don't know that there's much of a practical difference. It's not like "raze every McDonald's restaurant to the ground and destroy all the infrastructure" was ever on the table.

voice of Russia says there are official talks of surrender in Azovstahl . Reebok shoes or whatever sells its operations in Russia supposedly to a Turkish company , supposedly at a third of its value .

I don't know that there's much of a practical difference. It's not like "raze every McDonald's restaurant to the ground and destroy all the infrastructure" was ever on the table.
The practical difference is between "losing job" and "having to sign a new contract and work at the same place", for 62000 employees.
McDonalds announced they are keeping staff on payroll until the deal is closed.

They are actually quite good in Eastern Europe, very decent quality and reasonably priced. I tried McDonalds in USA and it was really crap.

Yeah the quality here is decent as well.
I have to ask, when you say decent what do you mean? For example, if you try just the burger, does it actually taste like meat? Nowhere I have had one does it taste of anything but cardboard.

voice of Russia says there are official talks of surrender in Azovstahl .
Only evacuating wounded apparently. Russian MoD says they reached agreement, but no further details provided.

I have to ask, when you say decent what do you mean? For example, if you try just the burger, does it actually taste like meat? Nowhere I have had one does it taste of anything but cardboard.
I can confirm that in Russia it tastes like meat and much better than in America. Didn't try it in Western Europe though.

In New Zealand the quality of ingredients is better and it's not really cheap. No $1 chicken burgers.

I've seen the meat patties being made they use large slabs of beef and add salt and herbs/seasoning.

They're not great as such but I like the 1/4 pounder and Angus beef ones.

The Russian McTasty I think is very similar to our old megafeast burger. Basically 1/4 pounder with lettuce, tomatoes, mayo.

Kiwiburger in video had beetroot and egg in it.

And I used to work there no horror stories unlike KFC and Burger King.

McDonald's isn't great but there's plenty of worse ones. And they have cafe options here so instead of coke you can get a flat white or whatever.

I've heard good things about Russian Maccas. They source the ingredients locally and adapt to local taste.

Beef is usually moist and juicy. Fries are fairly consistent and better than most places. We rarely eat McDonald's when we're after something plainer.

My go to burger is basically a cheeseburger, homemade sauce, brioche bun with caramelized onions at a local bar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom