Russian 101

Спасибо Товарищ.

У меня вопрос: Я знаю что есть много Путешествие Глаголы, Вы можете их объяснить? Я хочу знать, как я говорю "I go" па-русски.

Walking:
to walk - идти
I walk - я иду
he (she) walks - он (она) идёт
they walk - они идут

Going by car, train, bicycle, any transport (riding, driving)
to ride - ехать
I ride - я еду
he (she) rides - он (она) едет
they ride - они едут

Going by ship or swimming
to swim - плыть
I swim - я плыву
he (she) swims - он (она) плывёт
they swim - они плывут

Going by airplane, flying
to fly - лететь
I fly - я лечу
he (she) flies - он (она) летит
they fly - они летят

This is of course simplified table.
If you want more details, you can read this:
http://www.russianlessons.net/grammar/verbs_motion.php
There are much more details, though it might be too complicated for beginners.

Что значит "Поход" означает то? Я вижу, она часто в песнях o имена.

Spoiler :
What does "pokhod" mean then? I see it often in the names of songs.

Что значит "Поход" означает то? Я вижу, она часто в песнях o имена.

Spoiler :
What does "pokhod" mean then? I see it often in the names of songs.
Поход - это существительное. Оно может означать военную кампанию (например, крестовый поход), или путешествие пешком.
Pokhod is a noun. It may mean a military campaign (for example, crusade - "krestovy pokhod"), or journey on foot.

Теперь я понимаю, и это имеет смысл. спасибо Большое!

Spoiler :
I understand now, and it makes sense. Thank you very much!

Here is what troubles me, what is it called when you use verbs like nouns, like for example:
The driving. My walking is improving. My thinking is better. My cooking is worse. The driving is bad.

See the verbs are used like nouns, but in russian it is not so simple. The words themselves change endings! To end with instead of готовить, готовления! (cooking, the cooking) I never found a system for it..
Google has no information on how to make russian gerunds.

XD If someone answers some sort of system for gerunds it will be a first for the internet.
So that now if someone searches russian gerunds, their post will be the first result! Not some stupid misleading answer on yahoo answers, but a post from CIVFANATICS will be the first result in google!
Man gerunds suck.
Verb system is yeah logical and systematic, but GERUNDS??!!! I can't find a pettern!

Здравствуйте! Моя историа похожа на другой люди в этот тема, но я хочу играть в ролевае игры по русски.

Annex mentioned a program he found online that effectively turned your keyboard from an English one into a Russian one. If he or anyone else knows what I'm talking about and could direct me to it, that would be awesome. I really hate this hit-and-miss game with Google Translate, trying to get the words to come out the way I want them to.

я уживаю http://www.translit.ru/

Spoiler :
Greetings! My story is similar to the other people in this thread, but I want to play roleplaying games in Russian.

I use http://www.translit.ru/

Because of the internet, all languages except English will be pretty much dead in ~100 years (excepting very rural folk). Just stop it.

What does the internet has to do with it?

Now, globalization and Anglo-Saxom political/cultural dominance are different. I doubt that languages will be replaced outright, but I won't be surprised if post-100 year Russian will be more Rusglish.

Привет,

Я говорю по русски очень плоха и хочу учить и практиковать. Я начал заниматся с русским языком четыре месяца назад и мне очень нравится.

Кто нибудь здесь хочет гоборить со мной? кто нибудь здесь тохе занимаесь с русским языком? Я знаю, что здесь русски народ (или “люди”?) и мохет быть вы мохете помочь мне?

Спасибо!

Spoiler :
Hello,

I speak Russian very badly and I want to learn and practice. I started to study Russian four months ago and I like it a lot.

Does anyone here want to speak with me? Does anyone here also study Russian? I know that there are some Russian people here (or [other word for people]?] and maybe you can help me?

Thank you!

English part I can’t write in Russian yet:

I have learned all the cases but I have to learn how to use them properly and I know very few nouns and verbs…it is also helpful to practice typing with the Russian keyboard setting. It is also very useful to see real Russian writing, but at a level more basic than the newspapers, which I can’t read yet.

Also, the difference between “и, а” and “но” can be confusing sometimes…any examples would be helpful. Thanks again…

I'm sure there are plenty of internet chat rooms for you to practice in. It might help if you had a Russian keyboard, though. That, or you could throw yourself into a Russian neighborhood and just wander about, asking for directions and buying groceries. You might look stupid but it'll get the job done. I don't think non-English discussion is appropriate on this site.

Btw, above, you're often confusing the letters "х" with "ж".

Is there a way that you Russians can type your words with the accent marks over them? It would be supremely helpful for those of us who have never actually said most of these words before, so that we can say them correctly. I don't know about other people reading this, but I'm reading it all aloud so I can learn the words, and I feel like a fool when I pronounce a word incorrectly, all the more when its due to emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Annex mentioned a program he found online that effectively turned your keyboard from an English one into a Russian one. If he or anyone else knows what I'm talking about and could direct me to it, that would be awesome.
Try this one: http://www.andrsib.com/rus
Is there a way that you Russians can type your words with the accent marks over them?
Unfortunately, no. It kind of sucks, since in a few instances the wrong accent can change the meaning of the word. In the printed materials, such as books, they usually put an accent mark in these few cases, but there is no standard way to type it using a computer keyboard. I'm using the Spanish layout, but it only works for the vocals present in both languages, such as a, o, e. So, I'd suggest to simply highlight the accented vocals with bold or italic.

Is there a way that you Russians can type your words with the accent marks over them? It would be supremely helpful for those of us who have never actually said most of these words before, so that we can say them correctly. I don't know about other people reading this, but I'm reading it all aloud so I can learn the words, and I feel like a fool when I pronounce a word incorrectly, all the more when its due to emphasis on the wrong syllable.

Нужна быть в УТФ-е, или что. Я не беспокоится очен о произношение - русские панимаю, а я могу читать книги хорошо.

Spoiler :
It should be in UTF or something. I don't fret much about pronounciation - Russians will understand [me], and I can read books okay.

No one writes the accent marks. They are only found in dictionaries. I don't even know where to put them.

Нужна быть в УТФ-е, или что. Я не беспокоится очен о произношение - русские панимаю, а я могу читать книги хорошо.

Spoiler :
It should be in UTF or something. I don't fret much about pronounciation - Russians will understand [me], and I can read books okay.

Wouldn't it be:

Русские меня понимают (Russians will understand me)

Wouldn't it be:

Русские меня понимают (Russians will understand me)

Вероятно, спасибо. Я не писал "меня", потому что я думал, что и без этого тоже будет панятно.

Spoiler :
Probably, thanks. I didn't write "me", because I thought that it would be clear without it, too.

Я хочу знат когда я могу сказаю "постла мы ели, умерают." Потому что, Я обычно сказаю "Постла мы ели, ОНА умерают."

Я хочу знат когда я могу сказаю "постла мы ели, умерают." Потому что, Я обычно сказаю "Постла мы ели, ОНА умерают."

This is incomprehenisble. Who eats what? Who dies?

Ты можешь оставлят местоимение когда оно очевидно из контекста и разнообразия слов.

Spoiler :
You can leave out the pronouns when they're obvious from context and the word forms used.

I'm sure there are plenty of internet chat rooms for you to practice in. It might help if you had a Russian keyboard, though. That, or you could throw yourself into a Russian neighborhood and just wander about, asking for directions and buying groceries. You might look stupid but it'll get the job done. I don't think non-English discussion is appropriate on this site.

The idea of the language 101 threads is more teaching and helping with specific questions (and just general error-finding), as opposed to chatting. The threads are friendly and haven't broken any rules yet, and if the mods want them gone, then they'll be gone, but I think they fill a specific need.

Btw, above, you're often confusing the letters "х" with "ж".

I keep doing that in Cyrillic, with the х, ж and б, в...I'll probably be more careful with it from now on from all the people who have told me about it in this thread, so thanks.

I'll probably have some more grammar questions to post in the next few days...

Top Bottom