• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

S&T PBEM Discussion Thread

I've never played that mod. May someone give me a link to it?

Have you guys ever considered good old RFC MP mod by Rhye? We are currently playing two PBEM games in regular "PBEM Games" subforum, would be nice to get fresh blood in PBEM community while supporting Stories and Tales. :goodjob:

I have that mod installed so i'm good with that.

Have you guys ever considered good old RFC MP mod by Rhye? We are currently playing two PBEM games in regular "PBEM Games" subforum, would be nice to get fresh blood in PBEM community while supporting Stories and Tales. :goodjob:

Isn't that the mod that supports only 4 players MP? I like the idea but if this max player number is still true, and being a mod it doesn't fill the purpose started here (Greek can't play mods).

BTW, being a PBEM, how much time it takes on average for you guys to pass the turn? And how many ppl are playing the same game?

Thank you Spirictum for acting as host!

I would like to see the rest of the interested participants say what they think of what I proposed, so we may start this asap!

seems like a good idea, i guess

timezones are the only prob i can think of

Thanks TheNoob! :)

Also, If do a planned log in, I will have a lot of trouble so it may be best for me to not play. My laptop overheats and shuts down rather easily.

It's the mode I described on my last post (while I still didn't know its name).

It's a mode where one host keeps the game online while the players log in and out as it pleases them. You login, do your turn, then logout. People may join at the same time or at different times. People may join and leave multiple times before the turn is passed. When you pass your turn you may not move units anymore but may see the game, check cities and plan stuff.

All turns are automatically passed when the Pitboss turntimer is reached (normally it's once for every 24 hours). So each day is a turn, and you may do your turn at any time you want. Normally this kind of game has special rules for when ppl are at war, we will get to that eventually.

It's great because it doesn't rely on every single player to go on with the game, while also let people from different time zones to play fairly.

Thanks TheNoob! :)

Also, If do a planned log in, I will have a lot of trouble so it may be best for me to not play. My laptop overheats and shuts down rather easily.

You may try DKVM, if you get disconnected this doesn't affect the other players directly (only if you were in the middle of a trade agreement or at war with someone). If you see it's impossible your player may be substituted by an AI. So there is no problem on you trying it.

Also, if we for some reason cannot stand vanilla, I just found out we can play VIP by email.

Edit: Forgot, I don't remember who, but someone can't download mods because of a mac, nevermind.

Sorry that I have to ruin the mod experience for you all. :/
@Spirictum: There is and I have it installed but I can't fix the video drivers.
If anyone could help me with this then I can probably play mods.
I think Pitboss is good as long as someone has a good enough computer to handle having it loaded all the time.
Also going France because the story I'm most known for is The Grande Armée.

Okay here a couple of things you should post on.

A: If you haven't already, your Civ (In BtS for now)
B: If you are willing to host the Pitboss
C: Again, Map type - Personally I think baseballpie's idea of the Old World and a race to colonization would make for a good game.
D: Alliances? I am of the opinion that we see how many people are interested and then we divided them into equal teams of various sizes

Finally, I recommend you name your divs based on stories you've written :D
Civs:
GreekAnalyzer - France
DKVM - Greece
TheNoob - Mali
Moai_Spammer - India
CaterpillarKing - Egypt
Noyyau - Carthage
baseballpie - Persia

Greek, I feel we should make an alliance for humor. France colonized actual Mali, so it'd be hilarious if we worked together.

And also, for a fun fact I actually wanted to make my first story on Mali instead of Egypt, but for some reason I changed my decision.

Top Bottom