Saudi Arabian Journalist Murdered in Consulate

Why were 15 people needed to come over to the consulate ?
those 15 "tourists" for 1-2 days easily detectable and trackable ?
Why was it so easy for the Turkish to get that recording ?

And why did it happen when he visited the consulate, guaranteeing that it must have been done ordered by the Prince bin Salman ?
And why was it done just before a big conference on the pet project of Prince bin Salman, the Vision 2030 project ?
A high-profile investment summit in Riyadh later this month is rapidly becoming a fiasco as prominent businesses and media groups have pulled out over Saudi Arabia’s alleged involvement in the disappearance and possible murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The president of the World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, said he would not be attending, and the Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNN and CNBC have withdrawn as media sponsors.
The world’s business elite were due to attend the Future Investment Initiative (FII), which begins in the Saudi capital on 23 October. However, some of the companies involved say they are withdrawing pending the outcome of investigations into Khashoggi’s disappearance, while others have pulled out unconditionally.
Saudi Arabia’s ambitious Vision 2030 project – the brainchild of the kingdom’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman – is strongly dependent on overseas investment, and the apparent shunning of the prestigious FII conference will be as disturbing to Saudi policymakers as the more distant threat of a US-imposed ban on arms sales.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/12/saudi-arabia-fii-conference-withdrawal-jamal-khashoggi
Interesting to see whether IMF head Christine Lagarde, planned to speak at the conference, will do that.

Impossible Mission Force?

And why did it happen when he visited the consulate, guaranteeing that it must have been done ordered by the Prince bin Salman ?
And why was it done just before a big conference on the pet project of Prince bin Salman, the Vision 2030 project ?

Interesting to see whether IMF head Christine Lagarde, planned to speak at the conference, will do that.
The Guardian was reporting that heaps of delegates are pulling out of that conference, and it might be cancelled. MBS seems to have massively miscalculated here, and overstepped his bounds. Some of his half-brothers may move against him if the Turks have evidence of his personal involvement.

I have seen reports that he was wearing an internet watch that was connected too his mobile phone that was left out side. If this is correct the Turks may have recorded the transmission or have access too the phone.

An expert on CNN opined that the watch would probably had the necessary range. More likely, this is Turk disinformation to cover up that they have the consulate bugged. :evil:

Now the Turks say they have an audiotape of the arrest, torture, & murder.

Problem is the Turks have proven themselves to be pathological liars and nothing they say can be trusted. So I won't believe the Turks have this supposed audio tape until I hear it. And even then, I'm going to need some kind of verification that the Turks didn't fabricate it.

Problem is the Turks have proven themselves to be pathological liars and nothing they say can be trusted. So I won't believe the Turks have this supposed audio tape until I hear it. And even then, I'm going to need some kind of verification that the Turks didn't fabricate it.
A guy went into the consulate and did not come out again.

He's not there now, and the country running the consulate can't explain it.

The facts, at least, makes the Turkish story realistic. Which makes me willing to assume the audio tape is real.

The facts, at least, makes the Turkish story realistic. Which makes me willing to assume the audio tape is real.

I'm not saying the fact that this guy was murdered by the Saudis is the part they are lying about. I'm saying the Turks having this supposedly damning audio tape of it is what I don't believe. Not because the idea of such a tape existing would be completely outside the realm of possibility, but rather because Erdogan's regime has a propensity for being dishonest.

Basically, the Turks have lied so much in recent years that I don't believe any claims they make until they prove it.

I'm not saying the fact that this guy was murdered by the Saudis is the part they are lying about. I'm saying the Turks having this supposedly damning audio tape of it is what I don't believe. Not because the idea of such a tape existing would be completely outside the realm of possibility, but rather because Erdogan's regime has a propensity for being dishonest.

If the base story is convincing, what possible reason would they have for fabricating evidence? What do they stand to gain by making things up for something that is true and everybody acknowledges is probably true?

If the base story is convincing, what possible reason would they have for fabricating evidence? What do they stand to gain by making things up for something that is true and everybody acknowledges is probably true?

and more experts are saying it is highly unlikely a watch could have gathered this intel. The Turks are lying about it to cover up that the have the consulate bugged. :nya:

and more experts are saying it is highly unlikely a watch could have gathered this intel. The Turks are lying about it to cover up that the have the consulate bugged. :nya:

Considering all the Turkish personnel there (that were send away for that day by the Saudi's according to the news),
yes... that could very well be the case
another fumbling in the world of Intelligence.

only because America hints it might accept the story and only because this then assures the guy will never be "seen" alive . Ah yes , we Turks are nowhere near to Americans as pathological liars . Who now offer the explanation that we can not fight because Mattis will be out after November and Keane needs a couple of months to be warmed into his job as 1/32 White Wabbit and if we were to squash the US as a bug now , it would be unjust and bad for reputation . See , there is no need to even bug the consulate as long as America accepts it . As such the picture of the Saudi expert aired by the media turns out to be from 2013 , so ı can't even say he was ever here this month .

sorry , ı was writing else over the weekend so not much of a rant today .

Dang, the guy had 1.7 million followers on Twitter.

Hard to believe such a popular journalist was tortured and murdered.

This is my opinion too.

For what it is worth, I don't see any benefits in the UK government jumping on the bandwagon
and joining in and making quasi imperial demands of Saudi Arabia to explain things.

We should merely very noisily install some deliberately very obtrusive TV monitoring
systems around all the entrances to the Saudi Arabia embassy in London.

This is my opinion too.

For what it is worth, I don't see any benefits in the UK government jumping on the bandwagon
and joining in and making quasi imperial demands of Saudi Arabia to explain things.

We should merely very noisily install some deliberately very obtrusive TV monitoring
systems around all the entrances to the Saudi Arabia embassy in London.
I think Britain should hold a referendum on leaving Saudi Arabia.

Seriously, the more I read, the more I believe that the Turks bugged the consulate. Although that raises the question of why the Saudis were stupid enough to torture and murder a guy in a room that had been bugged.

Seriously, the more I read, the more I believe that the Turks bugged the consulate. Although that raises the question of why the Saudis were stupid enough to torture and murder a guy in a room that had been bugged.

They wanted it known, or they are staggeringly incompetent.

I find it surprising that those tapes, or some parts of it, are still not made public after so many days.

It's not in our national interest to do so. :shake:

To be fair, this is a pretty good reason not to invade someone. Not the only good reason, but still a good one.

Unfortunately that hasn't always stopped it from happening in the past.

I find it surprising that those tapes, or some parts of it, are still not made public after so many days.

If they exist why would they be made public.
They would give an indication of where they were placed, which could indicate when, and so could lead to the person who planted the bug.

To be fair, this is a pretty good reason not to invade someone. Not the only good reason, but still a good one.

Unfortunately that hasn't always stopped it from happening in the past.

With Trump jeopardising a $400 per barrel oil price by his "will be severely punished" statements in the direction of "his good friend" who picks them up as insulting.
It could be that a Twitter escalation is ahead of us like with North Korea

On that killing
He was an Saudian citizen, considered a traitor, perhaps not sentenced in absentia, but perhaps he was, and it happened in a Saudi consulate and therefore on Saudi soil.
Not on foreign soil, not having protection from a foreign government.
Not that far away from that Chinese citizen, that President of Interpol (EU FBI), also head of Chinese Security, that suddenly disappeared when arriving in China 1-2 weeks ago, on Chinese soil, and after minor international fuzz for some days declared officially under investigation by the new anti-corruption agency of China. And nobody knows whether that will end up in some re-education camp for indefinite time or worse.
ok.... he was not immediately killed, but during the confusion in the days after the disappearance that was not clear.
The newsmedia gave attention ofc, but not a row of international politicians wriggling themselves in the cue of public statements condemning China.

So why is everybody so eager to profile against Saudi Arabia ?
And Saudi Arabia threatening now back.

If these kind of political chain reactions are that predictable when a small country does something, how easily can we be manipulated towards global instabilities ?

Top Bottom