• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

SCENARIO: Arab-Israeli War of ‘48

Originally posted by Mr Black

Re: Borders
Are you talking about the exagerrated Culture???

Yes, I supose so. It's more realistic to have cities with culture 1000000, that holes in the middle of the map. I'm sure that the area between Port Said and Quantara was under Egiptian authority.

It's the best that we can do, but I'm still waiting for a tool to create realistic borders without the culture.:cry:

Where do I need to put the PTW WW2 units? PTW folder or Conquests folder?

I have 1 change needed in this map...
Palestine was not an ally of the arabs. Actulay in the end of the war the arabs controlled the parts wich are palestine.
(Egypt controlled gaza, Jurdan Yehuda and shomron) Israel controlled the rest.
So I think Palestine should be at war with Israel only but not allies to the rest... that they could take it after.

Originally posted by The Art of War
Where do I need to put the PTW WW2 units? PTW folder or Conquests folder?

You can drop them in the actual AIW folder;

Infogrames Interactive/ Civilization III/ Conquests/ Scenarios/ AIW/ Art/ Units

------------------------------------------------------------------------
But the best place to put them is in this location;

Infogrames Interactive/ Civilization III/ CIV3PTW/ extras/ World War II/ Art/ Units

Here is the best place to put them because then, if you download other scenarios, which use the same units, you won’t have to make redundant copies of all of those unit files. :)

@ erez87: That's a great idea!!! This shall be the first change in version 0.3 :)

Looks like it should be good, but I'm having trouble getting it to load up.

I've copied all the files but when I load up I'll get alternating errors saying that one of shershen.ini, osa.ini, or ft17.ini is not there. i know they're there as i've looked in the folders, but everytime it'll say 'file not found'. does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

same thing happened to me as mungman.

Interesting, the only thing I can think of right now is the folders. Make sure it is exactly the way it is in the picture.

Attachments

• folders.jpg
    folders.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 508
Mr. Black-
Excellent Scenario! I enjoyed playing it thoroughly.
Any chance for doing a '67 war ?

Originally posted by NateDawgNY
Mr. Black-
Excellent Scenario! I enjoyed playing it thoroughly.

Thank you.

Originally posted by NateDawgNY
Any chance for doing a '67 war ?

I'm not sure which is the '67 war. But the answer is NO! My next one is a French-Indian scenario, much later.

Mr. Black-
Sorry, should have been more clear. I was referring to the Yom Kippur war of 1967.

NateDawgNY

he-he, at '67 there was a "6 days war" and "Yom Kipur war" accured in '73 ;)

...well IMO "6 days" war was much more interesting than "independence" war ('48) from strategical and tactical points of view but since it was a "blitzkrieg" - its hard to make a cotinous scenario out of it. Roughly saying it was one multy-directional lightning-fast battle.

Upgraded to version 0.3

New changes:
1. Palestine no longer locked in with the Arab League.
2. Leaderheads and all other flag graphics now working properly.

Attachments

• aiw.jpg
    aiw.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 426
Originally posted by Jethro-tron
NateDawgNY

he-he, at '67 there was a "6 days war" and "Yom Kipur war" accured in '73 ;)

...well IMO "6 days" war was much more interesting than "independence" war ('48) from strategical and tactical points of view but since it was a "blitzkrieg" - its hard to make a cotinous scenario out of it. Roughly saying it was one multy-directional lightning-fast battle.

I think a Yom-Kippur, or Rammadan War scenario would be more interesting than the 6-day war, especially since Israel would be armed with nuclear weapons. :) I think they had nukes back then.

Originally posted by Mr Black
I think a Yom-Kippur, or Rammadan War scenario would be more interesting than the 6-day war, especially since Israel would be armed with nuclear weapons. :) I think they had nukes back then.

Yep, they had. When the war ('73) started and Israel suddenly found Syrian tanks deep in its territory, Golda Meir threatened to nuke everything around becouse Nixon was continously refusing to support Israel with tanks, aircraft and provision. Nixon was going like "WOW - relax darling!" ( :D yeah you can be pretty sure that this hick was thinking something like that) And then massive "aircraft train" took off from US to Israel... No, seriously - Golda Meir's words were: "... Otherwise Israel will do anything it can to protect itself..." which could be easely translated into a nuclear detonation of Cairo and Damascus 'couse syrians were already some 30km from Haifa at that moment. You can count it as the first nuclear blackmail in history :lol:
By the end of '69 Israel in tight cooperation with France have finished the production of its first nuclear missiles. By that France and Israel have made a "second ring" of nuclear-weapon-powers (the first ring were USA, USSR and UK). Two years later China has joined the "club" . :nuke:

I stand corrected. I didn't realize that the Yom Kippur War occured in '73.
@ Mr. Black
So any chances of putting together such a scenario?

Any war with Israel is going to be interesting b/c they all occured when the Soviets were supplying the Arabs and America was supplying Israelis. Good to know who's war machine won out :-D

Another thing about 48 war...
When the war just started USSR gave several tanks to Israel, thinkign so many of them came from USSR they might join the red side... They didn't but those tanks did came...
USA on the other and in the 48' war sent no aid to Israel...
Britian at the start of the war when moving their miliatery out made it in a way that disturbed Israel army movments, maybe you can represent it by some barbarian strong units that will start inside Israel and attack it on first turn?
Also Arab attack was suprise and MANY MANY lands were taken by Arabs at the start... maybe add that thing that Israel can't move in it's first turn?

Cool. I would definitely want to play that scenario.

@Erez
Was Stalin still alive in '48 when that happened?
ani lo maveen "peyal."

Originally posted by erez87
......Britian at the start of the war when moving their miliatery out made it in a way that disturbed Israel army movments, maybe you can represent it by some barbarian strong units that will start inside Israel and attack it on first turn?........

In May, I thought they mostly got out of the way and let them kill each other?

Top Bottom