• It was bad

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I can't even figure out why I bothered

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobby Lee

Confederate General
This is a scen. of my own creation. ( I did use a little bit of some of a book i've read once but i had to change it up some) It's about a a Civil War infantry Unit and a Civil War battery that was some how transported to a very strange and different world. They where on thier way to South Carolina to engage in operations there. While on the way the ship they where on was pulled into a vortex that brought them to this world. Most of the current inhabitants are early middle ages techs. You obviously start out eith the ability to build everything i deemed to be in the civil war. You start out near one of the current civs with only a rifleman (35th Infantry), a canon battery (44th New York Artillery), and a setttler for creating a city.

Any and all suggestions welcome!!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• tunnel of light.zip
    42.3 KB · Views: 775
i like the idea but you only have about 5 turns intell the AI takes all the unsettled tiles. besides that i like the chalenge.....Keep up the good work :goodjob:

what do you mean by "you only have 5 turns till the AI takes all the unsettled tiles"????? could you explain

i ment you dont have much time intell the AI takes all the room by the time you can get more settlers ther is almost no spot for a city....but i guuse you cauld sail out to that iland.:)

yep, i've been thinkin bout it for a long time, but i hadn't figured out how i could do it.

in response to civkid........

ok but thats similar to how its supposed to work.......i didnt give the AI any settlers to start out with though, part of the scen is supposed to be about that...that the others start out with empires and resources and you start out with only that.
if you have any suggestions on what to do with it though to give the player a chance to settle that land a little please give me a suggestion.

feedback would be nice

Looks good, you say it is based on a book? Was the name of the book Tunnel of Light or did you just think that was a good name.

I used a quote out of the book.. The books name was: The Lost Regiment

It's a series and pretty good i might add.

oh, i spent 3 hours looking for a book called Tunnel of Light, you say it is a series? How many books?

dun know exactly off the top of my head but around 10

(sry bout that 3 hours...........LOL)

on the topic of good books, i recommend most anything by harry turtledove, especially his Great War series, or his World War series. The first is set in a world where England and France forced the Union to recognize the legitimacy of the Confederacy...fast forward to 1914 where the CSA is allied with England, France, and Russia, and the USA is allied with Gremany etc...very well done series. The World War series has earth being invaded by aliens in 1942...the Axis and Allies unite to fight the greater threat. The aliens would be about maxed on the tech tree, but not beyond it, so with their limited supplies, it makes for an interesting story. Both would be really fun scenarios, but i barely have enough time to play civ3, let alone make scenarios. Anyway, both series are good, check them out, and if anyone makes scenarios based off of either of them, i very much look forward to playing them.

I was planning on making one based on how few remain when my computer crashed. I love Harry Turtledove's books myself. Perhaps once my computers are up and running again i will create scenarios for Turtledoves books.

Actually (LOL) I have read the civil war Harry Turtledove series and am trying to read the sequel series (at least i hope its a series). I don't know of anyone making a scenario based on them but i would imagine that some one will with the new editor that will come with the expansion (at least eventually). I don't have the expertise to make them myself but i would if i could!

Glad to see im not the only one who reads that stuff! (i was beginning to think i was alone in the world........LOL)

Not alone in the world for sure, but seriously outnumbered. I could go on forever about people who dont read anything. Anyway, over the past few days i have read the whole Lost Regiment series except for book three. I plan on making a complete scenario with the correct map and civilizations including the Tugar, the Merki, and the Bantarg. I was just wondering if i should give you credit for the orginal idea.

That'd be great

(sry I haven't answered in so long I couldnt get on the site for the longest time?!?!?!)

Good, work on the map has been going kind of slow though. Trying to peice together all the maps i find from the books into one big map.

I bet....

There's a reason why I didnt try to make the map myself.

Map is almost done now. Just have to find art for a world war 1 styles tank and a blimp. Then i have everything i need.

Top Bottom